★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About waxin and that dude, in my opinion leave the new paint for a few weeks t cure. Dont wash it for the first week other, give it a better chance t harden. Wouldnt want swirl marks :o.

And use a microfibre wash mit aswell. :wub:

About waxin and that dude, in my opinion leave the new paint for a few weeks t cure. Dont wash it for the first week other, give it a better chance t harden. Wouldnt want swirl marks :o.

And use a microfibre wash mit aswell. :wub:

Cool, by the time I'h home it will have been a few weeks so all good there! And I only use microfribre mitts/cloths with the two bucket method :o

Ryan picked up the CAT earlier if you need it bud :o

Thanks man he told me earlier, hopefully shouldn't need it but if I do I'll give him a shout..thanks again!

*Update*

So I had no idea the Cat I borrowed was gutted :)

Big thanks to Taggy for sorting me out with another, the car has passed emissions finally!! Which means MOT work should be done today/tomorrow depending on how busy the mechanic is today!

Also found out the rear springs had snapped, so standard springs are going on (just the back I presume) so I'll be rocking the dragster look, anyone wanna donate me two steelies so I can go all out? :)

As soon as MOT is finished gonna be straight on the line to VOSA to arrange the VIC! Car is one step closer to terrorising the streets once again :p

that sucks about the cat dude, i had no idea lol.

good job its all being sorted now though, it should be done for the welsh meet then dude?

Yeah VIC form has been submitted online so waiting on VOSA to contact me to arrange an appointment, so car should be ready by then! :)

Don't think the car will be ready to pick up until tomorrow though

good news bud, dragstar look FTW! :) even though i now hate mine lol

Like I said you need some steelies, make it look deceptively powerful haha :p

Blergh the mechanics have been lazy yet again! It will pass the MOT but the work won't be done until Monday/Tuesday now :)

Good news is that the VIC has been booked for Friday 1st April in Gloucester! Why Gloucester you ask? Well all the Welsh ones were booked lol

Almost there....:o

Update!

Finally got the car home from the garage, was really starting to get annoyed at how long it took! List of the work done for MOT:

-Catalytic Converter fitted (thanks Taggy!)

-Corroded rear springs removed and replaced with standard springs (thanks ryan_lang)

-Replaced Speedo bulbs which were blown

-New brake line & brakes bled

-Tail light replaced

-Rear foglight fitted

As you can see it wasn't terribly major stuff but since I wasn't there to do the work myself & my uncle was busy with work we had to shell out for labour which was hefty ;)

But the main thing is it's out of the way!

The car is fully insured, got the VIC check tomorrow afternoon, iA it passes then it'll be taxed same day! Also back from uni tomorrow for Easter break so I can finally get to enjoy the car ;)

Ah glad the CAT worked ok, i used it last year too ;) Like i mentioned though i will need to get the temp sender back off you. If your running the CAT you can just blank it off with a plug, its just a warning sensor to put the engine management light on if the CAT is overheating to avoid damage.

;)

Get down ;) the GT should be back together sunday all being well :D
Also back from uni tomorrow for Easter break so I can finally get to enjoy the car ;)

haha you mean so you can finially clean the fuck out of it again ;)

glad it passed anyway dude i really want to meet her this year ;)