★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot everybody, I really appreciate the comments :D

awesome!!!!! get the wheels sorted before the 17th then dude :D and get it to the meet, hopefully there will be 3 GT's this time

They'll be done don't you worry :D

Very nice dude! You keep those swirl marks off it now mind! :D

You know I will :p

Nice one bud! Top notch :D . Just to let you know, your not suppose to put covers on fresh paint, it needs the fresh air.

Good thing I haven't bought one yet then, do you know when I can? Or when I can start using sealant/waxes?

Looking so fresh mate :p

When you back to sort me that bumper I've bought an intercooler now

I'm back in the beginning of April so I'll give you a shout as soon as I can then!

Looking good amjad. How did the MOT go?

The MOT centre was busy so we didn't get to book it in. Will try today, disappointed to learn I'm gonna need a full Catalyst test though :D

nice one buddy , looking smart the more i see quads the more i want a set GRrr lol cant wait to start seeing your car n sparkeys n steves etc so many good builds right now :D

Thanks buddy that means a lot! Only shows I'll be attending have to be between June and the beginning of August so as far as I know, only the Dyno meet at Monster :D

Just bought myself one of these badboys

kodak_zi8_unboxed.jpg

Along with a Sony external mic, Gorillapod flexible tripod and a 16GB Memory Card so I should be able to take some decent videos of both the GT and NA :p

Thanks fellas! :ph34r:

John it should be sorted tomorrow, it's booked in for the morning so hopefully I can get this out of the way and sort the VIC check! I'm curious as to how the car will do actually hmm..

I looked at that emissions flow chart, and as it falls under late '95 it does need the full test. But I've sorted it anyway just hope it doesn't fail on any other component of the test! Brake pads are a bit low but they'll probably be replaced anyway!

Drive all the way to Nottingham mate and let us do it. We actually know what were doing with Imports. lol.

Car 100% dosent need a emissions test as Lew said. If they have EP82 GT TURBO 4EFTE on the database then they can test it, but 100% it wont be on there as it only has cars that were sold in the UK.

Also bullshit on the Import plates, there no space for UK plates on the rear so how can it have them? MOT Places like this proper piss me off.

It doesn't need a full test even if it's an N reg? ie late '95?

because in that flow chart, that box in the bottom left shows the test parameters for cars that don't fall before July '95

Lewis has kindly offered to lend me his Cat, the tester is just being an arrogant prick from what I hear so we'll probably have to bung a Cat in and find someone else next time :lol:

And thanks Electronova, you will love the exhaust (get the silencer baffle out straight away) :(

You'll probably only need a base idle test which will no probs!

Hmmm I don't think there's a baffle in mine although it looks like there's a bolt on the tail pipe for one. I may PM you a pic later let you have a look :lol:

Well we've taken the car off the dickwad that refused to believe it doesn't need a full emissions test and dropped it off to someone who knows what they're doing!

Haven't heard from him but the car should be ready so I can call up the VIC people on Monday and set a date, fingers crossed!

And due to that mishap I've decided just to spray the wheels myself seeing as I already have the paint!