★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Engine/Turbo Stainless bolt kit from Dean, thanks again mate!

8048817c.jpg

Ordered one of these A'PEXi Auto Turbo Timers

L_6021.jpg

Some Powerflex Exhaust mount bushes to replace the existing saggy ones!

EXH005.JPG

A Tegiwa imports numberplate relocation bracket. Just need to decide on what size/shape plate to order now!

97e91566.jpg

And thank you to Owain aka Enots who is kindly donating me his old bumper which has already been cut for an FMIC :D

That's all for the spending until summer at least! Need to repair the thing over the next month or two!

Next update should hopefully be the fitting of the parts! :)

looks sweet dude, cant wait to come have a fiddle with this badboy lol

EDIT: the car before anyone asks

LOL I'm looking forward to working on the car too :)

how come your bolt kit come all labeled mine was just 2 bags of nuts n bolts! liking the progress though!

Thanks man, no idea! lol

Loads of parts!!!11

67e40d15.jpg

Hydraulic Jack, Axle stands and 4-Point wheel folding wrench

7f158680.jpg

Tegiwa plate relocation bracket and velcro tapes

81f761a4.jpg

Heat Wrap for exhaust and steel ties

a8324ab5.jpg

Boost gauge pod (already have an unfitted 7-colour boost gauge but it's unfitted), ISO cable, new brake lights and White LED Speedo Kit

49bf7ffb.jpg

Really chuffed with this next one, Genuine A'PEXi Auto Turbo Timer! You won't believe how cheap I got this ;)

14a13633.jpg

Japspeed Exhaust, this thing is lush in the metal! And bloody massive! lolz

And yes, the baffle is already out ;)

27d042aa.jpg

HDi FMIC, again HUUUGE lol

72e888ac.jpg

Annnd finally a new bumper, kindly donated by Enots (cheers dude!). It's in really good nick but I'm gonna fully cut out and smooth the FMIC opening

4788c6e0.jpg

Next update: Parts should start going on the car :rolleyes:

Nice one for the help on the FMIC, wasn't expecting to ave time before heading back to uni but got it running sweet literally 1 hour before having to leave lol

Okay so updates! Been very busy during my week back home, managed to get the major bits done which I'm pleased with!

Boost gauge wired up and running (thanks to everyone who helped me out on this debacle lol)

5e4d107e.jpg

Mine's ECU going in! This was so awkward to do!

23a77bb0.jpg

Started the car up and immediately the exhaust (despite having a blow in the pipe) sounded a lot meatier. Let it idle for a while and after 15mins the idle went all wobbly, left it for another 20 mins then gave it a few light blips, idle sorted. Took it for a slow drive to let the ECU adjust and after about 20mins gave it a bit of boost. Drives so much smoother and felt more responsive. Left it until the next day to properly test it, gave it hard boost and damn does the car shift, revs like a nutter! Could really feel the need for an FMIC though, at high speeds the car felt restricted and you could tell it was down to the stock "interwarmer" lol

Japspeed exhaust heatwrapped, back box to be done at a later date as 10M of heatwrap wasn't enough lol

5398480f.jpg

Old Fujitsubo coming off

9d8ba4af.jpg

New Japspeed on! (Looks huge in this picture :))

80686e1b.jpg

da20ced7.jpg

Again I let the ECU adjust to the exhaust with some light driving, and giving it a bit of boost it sounded amazing, like a mini scooby!

And finally the HDi FMIC was fitted! (I officially hate intercooler hoses and clamps, pain in the A!!!)

2da8fde8.jpg

c46c7dec.jpg

Didn't really get to test it as soon as it was fitted because of naff clamps and one missing one so I had to wait until yesterday to buy some new ones, kept popping off by the throttle (my brother found the whistling sound amusing though lol)!

One final pic with the new bumper all cut out and the finished product :lol: (Excuse the numberplate, currently deciding what smaller size to replace it with)

9c441aec.jpg

So yesterday finally got to drive the car for about 10 minutes (lol) with the FMIC and above upgrades and..Oh. My. God. This thing shifts!!!

Through 1st and 2nd it takes no time to get up to speed and the noise jheeez it's completely transformed after fitting the FMIC! Awesome upgrade without a doubt!

Seriously I need someone with a decent video camera to take a video of it because the noise has to be heard!!

Next job: repair work!

Thanks bro! :thumbsup:

I would like to get it RR'ed, but I want it to be a perfect set-up at 1.1bar CT9 before I do so. Need a new clutch, Magnecore leads, Dizzy cap/Rotor arm and perhaps a better mani first!

Amjad