★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

Mmm that looks good!

When are you down? I'm back home from work around 5:30 tomorrow. I actually tried getting the mani off the head but it was hopeless! Apparently I might need to start the engine to warm it up/heat the bolts up. Thing is I can't start it up as the oil is drained, I'm waiting on oil filter, sump plug & coolant! :p

Any ideas?

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Amjad! Nice little clean-up needed, bet you enjoy the power alot more! :p

If you get a move on she may be ready for Trax! :) Perhaps we'll see you and the others we met at RR day there. None of us are on a stand, car parking finest! :p

Hey Andy! Yeah I'll probably give it a wash & engine degrease tomorrow!

The power is awesome haha! It's not on the road though for a year or two yet. Unfortunately won't be able to make it down, but do take some pics for us! :p

*Update*

Few new updates :p

All my service parts arrived today!

77ca7f88.jpg

Big thanks goes to jam35glanza, who came down to get my manifold off, and is now in the process of porting it along with my Turbo's wastegate to avoid boost creep! The restriction in the 2nd and 3rd runners are just silly! :)

53f2daab.jpg

Also a LOT sooner than expected, I picked up a Quadlight and a new wing :)

d63b5262.jpg

Just need to get the crash damage pulled out before I can fit them! Should also be picking up a new crash bar & inner arch this weekend!

I've got a Boost gauge on the way from Socks and B11G KY has sent me a HKS actuator!

That'll be it for spending for spending on parts the next year or so :p

Sunday will hopefully see the car's service finished if I get time and should it be running ok, I will try to have a little test on private land to see what 0.8 Bar is all about :p

Amjad

i shipped it yesterday amjad, but in my exprience with royal nail you'll prolly show up monday! Sorry mate!

No worries bro, thanks! Does it come with everything I need to fit it or will I need to buy some vacuum hosing?

Coming along nicely B)

Quick work going on here and LSD B) you lucky bugger :D

Good work man keep it up

nice work dude

LSD B)

Hehe thanks guys, I was shocked when I found out it had LSD but I knew something was up from the way it drove so nicely!

I didn't even realise I've only had him a week and made a fair amount of progress B)

Should be running by next week and hopefully I'm gonna take it to a bodyshop for estimates on pulling the impacted bodyshell bits out!

Cheers Phil!

*Update*

Got my Manifold & Turbo back from jam35Glanza today, whom I highly recommend! He ported my mani and wastegate out really nicely and in silly quick time lol!

25015093.jpg

b7bcbff8.jpg

3rd runner

750bc070.jpg

Wastegate

cac5330a.jpg

fbd11983.jpg

Should hopefully be picking up my inner arch, crash bar and a few little bits tomorrow, and should have the car running on Wednesday and taking it to a Bodyshop for estimates B)

Watch this space!

Got a bit of time last night to spend some time on the car!

- Fitted the Mani and Turbo & gutted cat back on with the HKS Actuator (set at just under 0.8 Bar, but I need to check when my boost gauge arrives)

- Fitted the Magnetic sump plug, Blueprint filter & filled up with Fresh oil

- Flushed and filled the rad/coolant system

- Fitted the new Iridium plugs

- Relocated my huuge air filter lol

All that done we took it for a test drive on private land, and it OH MY GOD it goes now :):D

Seriously can't believe how quick it is already with just basic mods, and jheeez the spool is bloody loud even on the stock TMIC :)

HKS y0!

bcc9a483.jpg

61724aad.jpg

Beast filter lol

7b05f8e7.jpg

LOVING IT! ;)

Next job is to get my boost gauge fitted when it arrives, along with putting the Front end back on, and taking it to a bodyshop for estimates (hopefully this week).

your fairly setting about this 1 amjad! Looking well!

must go some compared to the green 1. have you tried getting insurance quotes on this?

Thanks man! Yeah I'm shocked at how quick it is with such few/cheap mods!

Haven't tried for insurance on this, because I know I can get the N/A insured cheap so there's no way I can insure this myself while I'm at uni..yet :D

Just sell the n/a and get insured on this :D

Lol not just yet, the wait will be worthwile :(

Looking good mate :D

Front mount filter FTW sounds epic dont it :D

Thanks Lew, I was never expecting it to be this loud even before I get a FMIC! Sounds like it wants to suck in things while driving by lol!

I was at work today while my uncle took it down to see the bodyshop guy, but there's been an issue

A bolt snapped or something like that, and made the suspension fall in on the driver's side, I haven't seen what's up because it's been recovered to a garage, so we'll see what the cause was tomorrow. Quite gutting as it was driving so well, I'd never have thought there'd been a problem :D