★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nardi steering wheel :D

=)

looking good mate, get the bits fixed and your sorted :D

Thanks G!

love quad GT's! LSD is a right result! gotta get a TOM's kit for it! best of luck with it! :)

Nice one Ryan, TOMs is certainly a possibility in the future, but engine tuning is number one priority!

I see your point Amjad, and it seems very logical, either way - best of luck.

I was under the impression ALL Gt Advances had LSD's as standard??

I believe they were an option, even on the Advance models. Quadlight Advance with Sunroof & LSD, this is quite the rare model then eh? :)

LSD all the way get them wheels painted as discussed and it'll transform the car

As above only engine tuning for now, might do a rattle can job for now in black but I will get them done properly in the future!

Nice project mate, shame you wont be driving it for a while :)

Get them wheels off though, cant stand seeing mr2 wheels on starlets, get some nice JDM ones!

Thanks dude, yeah I'm still super chuffed I own it though!

I quite like them & they're light! Not feeling the white though! I'd adore a set of Blue/Black Advan SA3Rs or Red Adonised rim multispoke Enkei's or even some TOM's or Wanatabe's but they'd cost a fair bit! Because I don't drive it I'd rather spend money on the engine and get it faster ready for when it's on the road. Then once that's all done I'll concentrate on making it look better

*BIG NEWS*

Stripped the front down today to take the AC out and inspect the crash damage. Took off the bumper, lights and grille to find the damage is absolutely minimal! All it needs is a new crash bar, a little piece on the side of the crash bar (held on by a few bolts) and a new grille/Quadlight and that's it! This car just makes me happier and happier everyday! LOVING IT! ;)

Should be picking up a new wing tomorrow, and the other bits damaged under the wing on Monday night! Quadlights are some way off though I think!

Ooh and my uncle's got into the car quite a bit (funny because he used to take the mick outta EPs) :D

While I'm away at uni he's thinking of bringing it on the road for me and using it as his car, and buying tuning bits little by little, so if that goes ahead, WIN!

I'll get some proper pics up of the damage (pah! lol) tomorrow!

Fairplay mate :(

Going from n/a to a quadlight with a sunroof and LSD is clearly for winners B):(

Damage doesnt look to bad at all I have faith in you making this into a good little car :D

You will miss the n/a though strange as it may seem

=)

I believe they were an option, even on the Advance models. Quadlight Advance with Sunroof & LSD, this is quite the rare model then eh? :(

That's me and you both in that case - I have a 98 spec V with LSD and sunroof. Sunroof for the win! :(

you are 1 lucky dude honestly, wish my luck was as good as yours!

Good Luck with this mate, awesome find :(

Lol thanks guys!

good news mate, by the way pretty sure iddy has got a set of black quadlights for sale somewhere on the forum :(

A new set of lights is a while away yet as I need to get the damage pulled out first, but thanks for the heads up!

my mistake fella, i read the date on the flare wrong, i think it reads september 1995, which would come accross as original.

anyways, youve got a nice wee car there for little money.

Cheers dude!

Fairplay mate :D

Going from n/a to a quadlight with a sunroof and LSD is clearly for winners :D

Damage doesnt look to bad at all I have faith in you making this into a good little car B)

You will miss the n/a though strange as it may seem

Hehe thanks Spark! Yeah I know I will miss it if I sell her, it was my first \"project\" :D

That\'s me and you both in that case - I have a 98 spec V with LSD and sunroof. Sunroof for the win! B)

=D

*Update*

Stripped the front of the car down to assess the damage and make it easier for the Air-con removal and service

IMG00664-20100829-1442.jpg

Smashed wing off!

IMG00665-20100829-1629.jpg

IMG00666-20100829-1629.jpg

And this is literally the only damage on the car, should be simple to get it pulled back in shape!

IMG00667-20100829-1630.jpg

Then got cracking with draining the old oil and filter, along with the rad coolant, which were all in dire need of refreshing!

IMG00668-20100830-1626.jpg

All the AC junk! Takes up a stupid amount of space in the bay!

IMG00669-20100830-1849.jpg

The remnants of my catalytic convertor :(

IMG00671-20100830-2011.jpg

And the Cat itself

IMG00675-20100830-2014.jpg

The restriction in the cat was ridiculous! The element in there was like shreddies, but even narrower :(

Got my new oil ready, but waiting on the magnetic sump plug and Blueprint filter to arrive in the post! Along with some NGK Heat Range 7 Iridium plugs :D

Should also be getting my mani ported and filter relocation ordered soon!

Need to get the Fujitsubo exhaust looked at as well, sounds like there's a blow somewhere, a trip to Pro-Speed exhausts shall suffice B)

Im so glad someone brought this to fix an not break...

KEEP the air-con fan as it will go nicely on a civic rad if you decide to go that way, if not you can get £20-£30 for it on hear as its a slim fan..

Cracking on with it already mate, nice one :(

Thanks man! Yeah it's good to work on a new car, I'm learning a lot already! :(

Im so glad someone brought this to fix an not break...

KEEP the air-con fan as it will go nicely on a civic rad if you decide to go that way, if not you can get £20-£30 for it on hear as its a slim fan..

Yup, it was definitely worth seeing if I can get it fixed as it drives so well & is so clean!

Thanks for that, if my rad ever do goes I'd like a nice Civic one :D

Wow looks better then i thought, and an LSD aswell because its an advance rite?

the alloys look well smart, just need a referb tho :D

nope, LSD wasnt standard it was a optional extra :D

and amjad remember get sqaure plates for the front of it too :D

Moving along nicely :p

:p Finally got the heatshield off my exhaust mani! Bolt got rounded off but thankfully some mole grips did the job! *phew!*

Wow looks better then i thought, and an LSD aswell because its an advance rite?

the alloys look well smart, just need a referb tho :p

Thanks bro! Yeah they'll probably be going black in a DIY refurb, and I might get them done properly in Gunmetal/Anthracite B)

nope, LSD wasnt standard it was a optional extra :p

and amjad remember get sqaure plates for the front of it too :D

Yup optional extra! Will do when it's on the road, nice small ones like on the N/A!

Looking good mate!!! :)

storming progress on this already. keep it coming

Cheers guys!

Should have the mani ported soon, got a Boost Gauge, Filter Relocation & Actuator coming soon hopefully too :)