★Amjad's GT Advance ッ★ December updates!

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks John!

Well I didn't get a chance to nip down to the garage today, but I've been told it was just a snapped bolt off (the lower?) arm :D

Should have the car back tomorrow, and I might make a start on spraying the wheels a stealthy Satin Black if I get a chance :(

Thanks John!

Well I didn't get a chance to nip down to the garage today, but I've been told it was just a snapped bolt off (the lower?) arm :D

Should have the car back tomorrow, and I might make a start on spraying the wheels a stealthy Satin Black if I get a chance :(

Sweet at least its only a bolt an those wheels will look mighty fine in Black :D

Got him back today, all well and good :D

Started prepping the wheels too, spray should arrive next week but I'm thinking Gloss Black now

niceeee :p

after you sort out the engine how you want it, what are you planning on next? Meistier R's ?? :D

Thanks bro, I dunno man probably just try to enjoy it! It's a long way off yet, so I'll just be tidying it up bit by bit when I get it on the road (tints, xenons etc)

Got a quote for a 2.5" Turbo-back exhaust from Pro-Speed today (the guy's that did my N/A system) = £350 so I think be going with them eventually, as the current system is 2.25" and needs to sound a lot meaner! :p

• 2 weeks later...
nicee, HID's on the quadlights projector lens' would look awsome

and, eid mubarak for tommorow bro :lol:

my muslim mates are counting downn lool

Cheers dude, had a good day :p

Well not so much an update, but a random ramble I suppose lol

Got a new wing on the car and the bumper, bonnet back on so it doesn't look bad anymore! Had quite a few passers by giving nice comments and showing some interest which was nice.

Turns out apart from getting a mint quadlight & indicator, I'll need £250-300 to repair the damage behind the light, spray the wing, bumper and blend in to the door. It's got me thinking, as much as I've fallen for this car, I'm considering dropping the running gear into the NA instead.

Pros:

-Cheaper (As I wouldn't be spending more money on the GT getting it repaired)

-I won't have to get rid of the NA (I love the damn thing lol)

-I won't lose money by selling the NA (no way I'd be able to get back what I've spent of course if I did sell it)

-I can make some money back breaking the GT

-It'll complete the N/A making it for my needs, a perfect all rounder :D

-Sleeper factor :D

Cons:

-I'll need someone to swap the engine & Gearbox over and do something with regards to wiring loom

-Hassle of breaking the GT (which would be done when I'm back from uni next summer but hey)

-Insuring a Turbo'ed NA might be an issue

-I'm quite fond of the GT (But I think if push came to shove I'm more attached to the NA :D )

I need opinions my friends, any thoughts?

I would

Get a quote on the gt + the money for the repair - money you'll get from selling the n/a

get a quote on a turbo n/a + price of a Fmic - the money you'll get from the gt

n go for Which ever works out cheaper....sleepers are only for the elite tho

as i said via pm mate, the money you make back from breaking the GT will be enough to pay some1 to do the conversion

if some1 gave you that option a while back to get everything you need for the conversion for nothing and have money to pay for it to be done youd have jumped at the chance.

id love to see the N/A boosted!

start a poll

I would

Get a quote on the gt + the money for the repair - money you'll get from selling the n/a

get a quote on a turbo n/a + price of a Fmic - the money you'll get from the gt

n go for Which ever works out cheaper....sleepers are only for the elite tho

If I kept the GT I probably wouldn't be able to insure it until 2012 after I get 2NCB

I need to ask the people who are driving fte'd NAs what their insurance is like

Elite? Huh?

as i said via pm mate, the money you make back from breaking the GT will be enough to pay some1 to do the conversion

if some1 gave you that option a while back to get everything you need for the conversion for nothing and have money to pay for it to be done youd have jumped at the chance.

id love to see the N/A boosted!

start a poll

Sorry dude haven't had a chance to reply, but you got me thinking of doing the conversion again :D

True, it's starting to make sense more now..Good idea I'll start one!

break and i will take the rolling shell, hell ill even break it for you and drop the fte in your na for you.your just left with the loom to sort out then.

Lol if I did break it it would be in Summer next year! What would you need/not need from the car? I'd be happy for you to take the shell but I'm just thinking of what I could sell off the car?

With regards to loom, ryan_lang is converting is N/A and I'd probably go to whoever is doing his car!

looking ruudee! how did you port your mani? i want mine done...

Thanks man! ^^jam35glanza did it for me :lol:

think im the only one who's going to say this but keep the GT they look so much better than the n/a's and just think of all the polishing you can do on it

your n/a's been cleaned and waxed that many times its now immune to dirt :p

think im the only one who's going to say this but keep the GT they look so much better than the n/a's and just think of all the polishing you can do on it

your n/a's been cleaned and waxed that many times its now immune to dirt ;)

:p

Well looks like you're not the only one!

i really like the gt, but i really like the n/a too only one way too find out...

FIGHTTT!!!!!!!

P.S if you decide to keep the gt, ill have your rear lights off the n/a, so you'll always be able to have part of the n/a in your life :D

Yeah I'll let you know if I do get rid

after seeing an immaculate gt in maidstone the other day i have a new found love for them so im gonna have to say keep the gt

It's a hard choice, I'm just more attached to the N/A..

please please keep the gt. i wish i had your skills too bud

Skills? Lol I'm not skilled at all!

It simply depends on insurance now! N/A renewal has come up as £650 with a big excess, but uni is running my dry at the moment :D

• 2 weeks later...
yes the GT lovers are coming out in force now :)

think about it this way. blacks much harder to keep clean than green and seen as though you love cleaning so much its a good motive to keep the GT haha

I don't love cleaning, I love having a clean car :p

Thought I'd add some random pics I found on my phone, taken before I left for uni :)

I fitted the new wing and quickly sprayed the wheels Satin Black, by no means a perfect job but it looks better than white IMO!

fdebb42a.jpg

1dfc3ac4.jpg

632290c0.jpg

ce4b5f96.jpg

8416ba29.jpg

• 1 month later...

Cheers Luke!

Well not really much of an update but I got a new Quadlight and indicator! The last set I bought were duff (fibeglass repaired & brackets snapped) so I returned those and got this for £25 :wub:

dfe84a92.jpg

That's pretty much everything I need to repair the car bar some brackets, the rest of it is just bending the chassis leg and headlamp housing back into shape. Now that I do have a proper headlight, gonna go to the bodyshop when I'm back home in a few weeks and get an estimate on repair costs.

Either get the existing parts bent back, or cut and weld in a new piece from Toyota! What to do.....?

Also eyeing up Japspeed exhausts as some of you may have seen :)

Really want this repaired by the end of summer '11!