Lol guys you have got the rong end of the stick what i mean is if you put the glanza TB on then you will defo need to change your injectors..if you just put the glanza inlet manifold on then yes the ecu will adjust its self and everything will be fine :lol: ...if you need a hand putting the inlet on thats not a problem :p i would order 2 new gaskets from toyota though befor you change it think they are a tenner for both just to be on the safe side :p

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol guys you have got the rong end of the stick what i mean is if you put the glanza TB on then you will defo need to change your injectors..if you just put the glanza inlet manifold on then yes the ecu will adjust its self and everything will be fine :lol: ...if you need a hand putting the inlet on thats not a problem :p i would order 2 new gaskets from toyota though befor you change it think they are a tenner for both just to be on the safe side :p

im putting the glanza inlet mani and tb on so i think it shud be fine i think lol

which gaskets do i order? will i just get normal n/a uk spec ones for the inlet and tb??

could i pop down yours sometime then mate u still got same phone number?

im putting the glanza inlet mani and tb on so i think it shud be fine i think lol

which gaskets do i order? will i just get normal n/a uk spec ones for the inlet and tb??

could i pop down yours sometime then mate u still got same phone number?

Hmm i dont mind helping you fit the inlet manifold but not sure about the throttle body as i havent got round to figering away around the 3/4plug thing lol...

Also to be honest mate you will need to change the injectors if you put the glanza throttle body on, as it is 5mm bigger then the N/A one and it will suck 10% more air then it was.. there for make the car run lean if you just put the inlet manifold on then it will be ok :lol: And Yeah im on the same number bud :p

Edit..Ohh sorry ryan just seen your post not sure about glanza injectors mate but im sure if you use the gen 1 pink injectors it should be ok but its best to get the fueling checked anyway to be on the safe side..also it would be a good idear to put the gen 1 exhaust manifold on aswell and make it to the 100ps mark :p

Just edited above ryan :p to be honest i've figured out away (i think lol )what lit is the glanza tps is a manual tps and the N/A tps is an automatic SO im thinking if you use a TB off an automatic glanza it will work as it will have the same amount of pins (3) if you get me :lol: lol

i havnt a clue then ill be best off having a look to know what im looking at lol

ill drop you a txt micky sometime next week to see if you are free sometime, hope you have got some good tools ; ) be good to have a catch up aswell as ive not seen you in a while and you can have a good look at my car.

can i just order the n/a gaskets then, are they the same?

i havnt a clue then ill be best off having a look to know what im looking at lol

ill drop you a txt micky sometime next week to see if you are free sometime, hope you have got some good tools ; ) be good to have a catch up aswell as ive not seen you in a while and you can have a good look at my car.

can i just order the n/a gaskets then, are they the same?

Haha yeah thats not a problem mate give me a shout anytime bud :p and yeah N/A gaskets will fit they are all the same size anyway :p and i've got the tools to do the job so we should be ok :lol:..speak soon mate

spot on mate!!!! your a legend!!!

ill order them gaskets up then aswell mate ill bring them down. will i need gasket sealer aswell??

also was reading up on redz11 glanza s, and he had the turbo inlet and tb fitted to his, with no problems he said its spot on.

so im gonna just risk it for a biscuit. and put them both on so i can then blast home and test it out haha

speak soon buddy!!

• 2 weeks later...
spot on mate!!!! your a legend!!!

ill order them gaskets up then aswell mate ill bring them down. will i need gasket sealer aswell??

also was reading up on redz11 glanza s, and he had the turbo inlet and tb fitted to his, with no problems he said its spot on.

so im gonna just risk it for a biscuit. and put them both on so i can then blast home and test it out haha

speak soon buddy!!

You`ll love it when you've put both the turbo TB and inlet, only problem ive got is an air leak in my gasket lol!

people have also told me the S ECU is more aggressive than a standard uk spec starlet, not sure if it it, but it feels more responsive than my old car.

Only problem i had was the TPS needed adjusting otherwise it wouldnt idle properly and cut out. if you needed any pics of how mine is set up and whats blocked off on the inlet etc just give us a shout dude :D

love the stance of your S!

You`ll love it when you've put both the turbo TB and inlet, only problem ive got is an air leak in my gasket lol!

people have also told me the S ECU is more aggressive than a standard uk spec starlet, not sure if it it, but it feels more responsive than my old car.

Only problem i had was the TPS needed adjusting otherwise it wouldnt idle properly and cut out. if you needed any pics of how mine is set up and whats blocked off on the inlet etc just give us a shout dude :wacko:

love the stance of your S!

me and my mate tried putting it on the other day but we give up lol it looked like the TPS wasnt gonna fit with it having different bolt holes and that so i just put the rolla mani and that back on.

it looked like to much work and we were wondering how it fitted, but not to worry.

also bit of news, im now moving on to another car but the starlet is going knowhere : ) because my lass is getting it. im getting a mk5 jetta 1.9 tdi just fancy something new and thought id get something sensible as me and my lass are going to get a house soon so gotta look ahead. glad the starlet staying with us tho, so o can still do stuff to it and drive it, i just couldnt let it go!!!!

also i fancy a go in the euro scene so no doubt the jetta will be getting modded at some time, getting it today or friday i think.

ill still be on here a lot tho hopefully still with updates for the starlet!!!

me and my mate tried putting it on the other day but we give up lol it looked like the TPS wasnt gonna fit with it having different bolt holes and that so i just put the rolla mani and that back on.

it looked like to much work and we were wondering how it fitted, but not to worry.

also bit of news, im now moving on to another car but the starlet is going knowhere : ) because my lass is getting it. im getting a mk5 jetta 1.9 tdi just fancy something new and thought id get something sensible as me and my lass are going to get a house soon so gotta look ahead. glad the starlet staying with us tho, so o can still do stuff to it and drive it, i just couldnt let it go!!!!

also i fancy a go in the euro scene so no doubt the jetta will be getting modded at some time, getting it today or friday i think.

ill still be on here a lot tho hopefully still with updates for the starlet!!!

ah, I just used the same TPS that was on the glanza TB (the glanza TPS) the pins fitted fine for me bud.

aw was loving your car :wacko: get some pics up of the new car? :rtfm:

ah, I just used the same TPS that was on the glanza TB (the glanza TPS) the pins fitted fine for me bud.

aw was loving your car :wacko: get some pics up of the new car? :rtfm:

it didnt look the same never mind ill try again later lol

i havnt got it yet irs in vw getting taxed serviced mot'd etc. im picking it up saterday ill post some pics up when i get it :)

• 1 month later...

havnt updated in a while, my lass now has my starlet as you know, but soon as she got it she kerbed one of my blue wheels!!! i was going off it!!

so i tempted her to swop my dad for his. shes now rolling calibre vice alloys with paradas on, looks canny but nowhere near as good as the rotas, but i cudnt see them getting wrecked so had to be done

ill get pics up of both cars soon :thumbsup:

A picture of your car is in this months fast car but im sure you know that!

yeah seen it mate :(

Yea seen it ;)

But they think its a Turbo one lol

i know, they are thick!! the noobs i clearly put it wasnt a turbo lol

just letting you's know aswell im getting this car back this week!! im trading my new car in and my lass is getting a new one so im getting this back!!

ill get some pics up of it with the different wheels on see what you's think!!!!!