Running 1Bar on Plug & Play ECU

Hey

I know this question's been asked loadsa times but I just need a quick list of what I'll require to run 1Bar CT9 on my Mine's ECU

Current Spec:

-NGK Iridium Heat Range 7 Plugs

-Ported wastegate CT9a

-Ported OEM manifold

-Gutted OEM Cat

-HKS Actuator

-Relocated filter

-Air con removed

-Fujitsubo 2.25" exhaust

-Mine's Plug & Play ECU

Will be buying:

-2.5" Exhaust

-FMIC

-TD uprated fuel pump

Should I buy?

-An aftermarket exhaust manifold

-A proper 2.25/2.5" decat

-Uprated HT Leads

-Race Tech Braided oil feed/return

I'm not sure if there's anything else I need? Obviously wanna do it as cheap as possible because this is only temporary, wanna eventually run TD04 @ 1Bar

Amjad

I've been running a ported mani for 12months now when doing the porting I had a jam mani to copy ;) and it's been 100% so far.

You will find gains from de-cat as even the gutted cat has restrictions in it as I found. But this is not essential.

I wouldnt bother with a manifold, if its well ported it will do the job more than well enough and probably less likely/ cheaper to replace than an aftermarket one if/when it cracks.

I wouldnt be too worried about the 2.5" exhaust either but you might notice a little difference with a proper decat.

As above you would probably benefit from an ebc and you might need a rrfpr but you would find out once you got your fueling checked.

Id recommend a braided oil reed cause the oem ones are ghey! Im not sure how much racetech ones are but you would get your own one made cheap enough but all depends if you can be arsed!

I couldnt comment on whether or not a fuel pump is essential

Lots of advice there guys thanks!

I've been running a ported mani for 12months now when doing the porting I had a jam mani to copy :( and it's been 100% so far.

You will find gains from de-cat as even the gutted cat has restrictions in it as I found. But this is not essential.

Sounds like I should be okay for a while with the mani, I can see how an aftermarket one may give a few more horses but they are quite pricey. I don't wanna buy a CT9 manifold because it would be useless when I go TD04. Here's some pics of the porting:

b7bcbff8.jpg

750bc070.jpg

I think the boost is a bit unstable because of the gutted cat so I'll look for a proper decat

no need for the fuel pump unless your going over 200 (alot of peeps go anal as if its a must need item...not really)

boost gauge?

wouldnt 2.5" be big for the CT9?

Yep I have a boost gauge, didn't have the T-Piece to plumb it in but I have one know, will be fitted when I'm next home

I reckon 2.5 inch is perfect, most aftermarket ones are 2.5"+ and it'll be sufficient for TD04 too B)

oil catch tank is wise... these engines breath havily at high boost and spit oil out a normal breather so saves the mess!

and a boost controller is a very good idea to try n help with boost creep!

Cool I'll keep an eye out for a catch tank, should they have a bleed screw on the bottom or a removeable top? And a breather on top rather than being airtight?

I would deffo get a decent manifold and decat.

You got most bases covered dude, but a EBC is a must for decent boost control :)

Will be a rapid little car

In terms of a boost controller, they seem to be quite expensive B)

I've done a bit of reading on here and it seems a Dawes device/Turbosmart boost controller offers a lot of the advantages of an EBC at a fraction of the price?

MBC thread 1

MBC thread 2

I wouldnt bother with a manifold, if its well ported it will do the job more than well enough and probably less likely/ cheaper to replace than an aftermarket one if/when it cracks.

I wouldnt be too worried about the 2.5" exhaust either but you might notice a little difference with a proper decat.

As above you would probably benefit from an ebc and you might need a rrfpr but you would find out once you got your fueling checked.

Id recommend a braided oil reed cause the oem ones are ghey! Im not sure how much racetech ones are but you would get your own one made cheap enough but all depends if you can be arsed!

I couldnt comment on whether or not a fuel pump is essential

Okay by the sounds of it I probably won't need a fuel pump until I go TD04?

I'll be on the lookout for a braided oil feed. Are used ones okay? Trying to keep the costs down lol ;)

I've opened another thread about MBCs here

Yeah got a HKS actuator set at fuel cut! I've got a J Performance Decat now and a braided oil line, wanna go ahead and get exhaust, FMIC before getting fuel pump and wacking it up a Bar!