Fishy's track EP91 Build.

you actually going to keep this one? :lol: work so far looks awesome, nothing like a good strip

keep the progress rolling :D

Haha good point but yes :-) haha. And couldn't agree

More stripping is the way forward in life :)

wow quick progress mate, all the best with this one

Thanks Si :-) hope all is well mate, shall have to catch up soon

this looks like its going to be an awesome project

hope more progress is made soon :D

Cheers steve, hope all is well!

Shall be on track soon enough but shall take a while but will be ripping it up as soon as :-).

Going over to workshop tonight so shall crack on, everything is pretty

Much out, last bits are all brake a fuel lines to be fully dropped and drop the tank and continue getting the seam sealant out :-) which is a bitch lol haha! :-) try and get some more pics later. Found a nasty crease under an inch of filler in the n.s rear qtr.. Just my luck so Probs going to be ordering a new one in from Toyota and welding it in :-)

So... another little update,

the 91 is pretty much bare now, have been at work at the seam sealer with torch and wire tool on the grinder, stripping it all back getting it ready to

stitch weld :D

I purchased a cheeky little sparco circuit seat, which is dong may i add, and a nice omp 4" harness.

i have created and checked plans for the roll cage, which will be being created in due course, need to order in a top quality pipe bender from usa, die and loads of other bits and bobs but gave the tig welder a fire up this eve, a good mate of mine welds like an absolute pro, shall have to post an image up of some of his work quickly done tonight but he will be putting in the cage and seam / stitching the lot with me.

anyhows enough chat, heres some recent photos from the last few days..

SS101096.jpg

SS101103.jpg

SS101090.jpg

SS101102.jpg

SS101107.jpg

Then went about starting to mock up a driving position..

SS101092.jpg

SS101093.jpg

SS101094.jpg

and finally a plan of my beautiful cage to be.... :lol:

SS101106.jpg

more updates soon :p

Hahaha I know Mate no half measures lol!!

Should have a nice bit of rigidity ;-)

the ammount of metal you are putting in it i will be surprised if any bit of metal in the car bends at all! lol

<br />you not worried about excess weight from the cage? i know its lightweight material but surely its going to weigh a bit when completely fabricated together?<br />

Yea it will add abit of weight..but we're also gaining alot in structural rigidity.. At the end of the day we could make it silly light, but it wouldnt be safe or stable so it wouldn't be worth it..

We've got a few ideas up our sleeves so keep checking back :lol:

Haha love how rob just replies for me, thanks bro lol!

But yeh exactly what he said safety and structural rigidity is more important, itl be light enough and can male up for that with more power!

And cheers Liam mate :-)