Fishy's track EP91 Build.

Hey all,

Went on a little road trip the other night to sudbury to pick up a cheeky ep91 n/a... auto... WIN..lol. will be my 6th starlet now so time to get the ball rolling again!

Obviously she needs alot of work to be done, but its a straight shell which is all i was after and due to the auto box sounding like 1,000 ball bearings in a tumble dryer, i picked it up for a cheeky 200 nicker so far so good!

i was abit dissapointed to find it had a sunroof when i turned up so a new roof skin will need putting on, manual conversion and full track turbo

build and a paint job is the route im going to take.

me and a good friend will fabricate the roll cage on cad and get it all made up and welded in, the coilovers, brakes and then look at the drivetrain.

First things first it needs stripping out.... which is what we did today in half a day! win.

LQ6Q1117-10.jpg

LQ6Q1130-26.jpg

LQ6Q1133-29.jpg

LQ6Q1129-25.jpg

this one is to keep now, lost interested in the gt after some n00b woman crashed into it but now im back on it and this should be good :)

cheers guys.

si

Why didn't you just weld a plate in the roof where the subroof originally was? I'd much rather do that than chop the roof off..

Good luck with it all, I'll definitely be touch about the parts you requested.

@Idrees when making a proper weld in cage, the roof skin always gets taken off..otherwise you'll build the cage right upto the roof, and then wont be able to weld the top.. so you weld through the roof..it's not massively complex taking it off anyways..not cutting..just gotta drill out loads of spot welds when you've found em :)

Thanks guys, and yeh il go mental on it, but want to retain the base of the car I.e i

Still want it to be a starlet. IMO spaced front end and 3sgte

For example isn't a starlet.. IMO.

Looking at having a carbon roof made to replace it :-)

:) I was only kidding if you get it done in time then hats off to you lol

Still I think all track sessions are gone :)

Haha itl be a challenge and a half lol and alot of expense haha. Il take it easy don't want to rush etc and there is sooooo much to do! Stitch welding the whole chassis is going to take aaaagggesssss lol

pretty involved project, look forward to seeing this evolve

Thanks mate and will keep the thread updated :-)

Haha thanks guys!

And I don't know gaz, don't really have a weight to get too lol.. Just taking everything out that's not need but I'm building a hardcore cage and chassis is going to be stitch welded on the underside aswell as the top so I'm going for build quality not weight loss :-)