• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

*Update*

Firstly after running the car for a couple of weeks with the work i did to it i am very happy. It seems to like it more when i push the car hard instead of struggling. And motorway runs seem to be more effortless especially getting to motorway speeds. Also because the CT9 spools earlier there is less of a bang when it is at full boost as it comes in at a steady pace instead of one hit. This helps with the wheels spinning problem i had when it hit boost. Especially on wet roads. Doesn't do it as easily now.

Also i now get over 250 miles out of a tank :D. This is with driving a bit quick every now and then too. This is very good as i was lucky to get 200 miles before and the usual amount was around 180 miles. This has helped my wallet considerably.

Next on the list to do is 1 bar. I have everything except the fuel rail adapter, which is in the post at the moment. Im getting the car set up on the 3rd or 4th of April depending how busy i am at work. Im also getting a power run done so i will finally find out the power im running at :D.

I also need some decent brakes as the quicker i go the more i realise how crap standard ones are :D.

Bourkey

nice 1 bourkey when i put a full tank in mine i get over 300 mile??? lol ive still got them 3g discs with the mintex 1144 pads for sale £110 delivered? to fit n/a, spose you probally want bigger brakes though? were a good upgrade from standard brakes seemed allot sharper and more progressive! just let me know if your interested

I've got a really giddy right foot though :D. Im going to do an eco tank to see what i can get out of a tank. I'd probably be able to get 300 if i tried.

I'll have a think about them disks and pads as they do look good when i saw them.

Bourkey

Right im going to aim to beat 320 just so i can beat you at something :D.

Also a quick note on a little fault today. I drove the car yesterday to work and there was a knocking noise. I took it easy coming back home and left it overnigh as i was tired. Woke p and jacked the car up straight away. Less than 10 seconds under the car and i spotted the fault. The engine mount on the passenger side had 2 of the 3 bolts missing and the last bolt was halfway out. The engine could have dropped at anytime. Im pretty dam lucky. I have done a good check round the whole car to see if i can spot anything else as it worried me a bit. Thank God i spotted it then.

Bourkey

Tut tut Sparky. It's that lead right foot of yours :).

Im not saying the porting is the sole reason the MPG has gone up but im sure it has helped a great deal by freeing up any restrictions in the exhaust side. The more free flowing the exhaust side is the better mpg you get. Any interuptions in the flow will cause your MPG to drop :D.

Shame you couldn't port it due to the crack. I did notice a good difference.

Bourkey

True. Unless you have a recond unit like mine then chances are it will have a crack in it. Most don't matter though as they are only surface hairline cracks. People say they still hold boost fine with a crack in as well.

Use super glue Sparky :):D.

Bourkey

I am gettin between 180 and 200 to a tank!!

So your getting better mpg from that porting you did?

My bloody wastegate is cracked so couldnt do mine ;)

im with sparky... 200 miles is about my average if i am driving normally... i think im gonna have a go at porting my wastegate, anyone know if you can you do it on the car? and what do you do about the filings?

plus how much are you taking out? is it 2mm overall?

nice diy(ish) mods there mate. i love a bit of diying. kudo's! ;)

im with sparky... 200 miles is about my average if i am driving normally... i think im gonna have a go at porting my wastegate, anyone know if you can you do it on the car? and what do you do about the filings?

plus how much are you taking out? is it 2mm overall?

nice diy(ish) mods there mate. i love a bit of diying. kudo's! ;)

Well when i helped bourkey with his it was easyier to take the turbo off the car, you wouldnt be able to do it on the car but could be wrong.

Couldnt tell you how much to trim by but good tool to use would be a dremal.

Hope this helps

Craig

Yeah you would struggle to do it on the car. Very tight squeeze i'd say. You will be able to see what you are doing much better if you whip it all off as well ;).

Cheers for the pics Craig.

Bourkey

**Project Ended**

Hi All,

Bourkeys car is know no more as me and bourke was in a serious car accident i am fine just cuts and bruses but bourke is in quite a bad way we both dont have a clue what has gone on i just remember waking up in the car afterwards. Bourkey is in intensive care and its only family allowed but they allowed me to see him as he was asking to see me to see if i was ok so when i saw him he is speaking and he doesnt remember a thing. I wasnt going to mention anything on the website but he said for me to update everyone. The car is completly un-repairable he are some pics as i just got back from colecting things from the car:

bourkecarcrash1.jpg

bourkecarcrash2.jpg

bourkecarcrash4.jpg

bourkecarcrash.jpg

As you can see in the pics that the car is in a really bad state and you can imagine what bourke will be like.

Please can everyone be carefull when driving as you can see what can happen.

Craig