got the sack from work today!

i understand that you dont want to but if your a apprentice then you do get the crap jobs, i been at one job, were they said to me about cleaning the bog, and i packed my tools up, and the managers shit them self! and ending up offered me more money to stay! but sadly that isnt the case any more as jobs are hard to find now.

look at this way if your cleaning the bog, tidying up emtpy the bins ect, it is easy money as there are more stressful jobs to be doing!

seek citizens advice but all depends on your contract details,

i was an apprentice at 17 doing mechanics and i got saked on the spot, seeked advicce and was told as an apprentice then i had virtually no rights like a temp worker :lol:

good luck mate

i agree with andy, what do you expect.

it could be worse you could work for me, i made my apprentice clean my van out today because there wasnt much else he could do.

i baught the van yesterday off a builder :lol: it was piled sky high with alsorts of rubble, sand, bricks and wood etc etc. Must have took him about 2 hours :p

i would much rather clean a van

i was stupidly busy aswell and had no time to waste on cleaning the toilets

and to give you a reason why i wont clean the toilets, there is piss and shit all over the toilet seats at this place

i would rather not have a job then clean these toilets

i dont care if people say its an aprenticeships job because in my opinion it simply isnt

but thats the thing he doesnt pay me

he was done for tax fraud so isnt allowed to own a company and is all in someone elses name, when i first started at the company i was told to ignore whatever he asks me to do and it was the manager who told me to do that

Gutte that you got the sack dude! Job looked kinda awesome too. But yeah if hes paying you he can tell you what to do within reason. And cleaning the toilets is classed as good house keeping and will be part of a contact of employment so he kinda has a point. I used to do it weekly routine at my old place, while my workmates cleaned the customers toilets/reception and workshop. Not a nice job but hey its got to be done. No-one likes a shitty toilet :lol:

I didnt believe that you posted this up mate!

He can get legally fucked going on what you have told me about the company etc, he sounds like a cowboy!

The worst bit is.... You can't even finish my kit :lol:

If my boss told me to clean the shitter, I'd do it after I'd researched all of the health and safety aspects and made sure all of the req'd equipment was available... And then I would spend as much time as poss doing it, I'd make it absolutely spotless even if it took me 4 hours... Just to rub it in!

i would much rather clean a van

i was stupidly busy aswell and had no time to waste on cleaning the toilets

that wouldnt be in your job description either so why would you accept to do something like that then refuse to do the "dirty jobs"?

the guy does sound like a prick though mate, If i was in your position i would go back into work and see if you can get your job back, but have a word with the guy and make sure he doesnt take you for a mug, speak to your local citezens advice take on the advice from other posts above and it might be a good idea to edit some of your posts about your bosses "situation"

well i went back toi work today to collect my pay slips and they have also been paying me completely wrong

when i first started there i was earning £233 a week but paying £46.60 a week tax and £13.58 a week national insurance because i was on emergency tax so was taking home £173

they then sorted the tax out for me so i was only paying £8.80 tax and £5.94 a week national insurannce, but because i was paying less tax the company stopped paying me £233 a week and started paying only £188 so i take the same £173 a week

now that cannot be correct?

im going to talk to citizen advice about unfair dismisile and incorrect pay

and it turns out the reason i was sacked was not because i refused to clean the toilet but because i was talking to another work collegue

this is total bollocks and im now going to take the boss to court over this matter

What he did lowering your wages is 100% illegal, an employer cannot lower your rate of pay with out first discussing and agreeing it with you!

Also you should look through your employment contract (if you have one) and look to see if talking with another member of staff is an act of misconduct or gross misconduct. If it is not mentioned or is not listed with gross misconduct it is not viable grounds for dismissal. If you do report him, I gurantee he will shit himself as the laws have changed on this matter, it is now up to the employer to ensure that the dismissal was fair circumstances!

I studied this stuff at college, I would safely say he owes you a refund in your wages big time! You were sacked unfairly! You should get a fair settlement. However if the judge rules that the employer offers you your job back then do not turn it down straight away as the judge will just see you as a money-grabber and your employer could raise that because of the current financial climate he cannot afford to pay a big settlement

i went to citizen advice are the agree tha pay is total wrong and worked out to be £3.96 an hour which is £1 below minimum wage so im going to back the company and going to bring it up with them that they have been incorrectly paying me