Handbrake how good is yours?

Since i have had my EP82, i have always noticed that the rear pads are not wearing evenly on the discs, i.e there is a band of rust where the pad isnt touching the disc, tried replacing the pads but its still doing the same.

How good is your handbrake, it is near impossible on mine to lock the rear wheels using the hand brake when i pull it up, can anyone else lock their rear wheels by quickly pulling the handbrake up, i just get a sluggish slow down.

Any ideas how to fix, i adjusted the handbrake and its still crap. I remember going in my mates car but the non GT version of mine and his would lock up instantly and they were brilliant. I am trying to sort the braking out on mine for optimum performance as currently its poop!

It seems its quite a common problem for them to have crap rear brakes, its supprising really as they are disc brakes so they should work well, i need to know a bench mark of what they should be. If anyone has a good hand brake post up!!

Ah maybe thats why my mates non GT had an amazing hand brake, DRUMS!

mine just bogs the car rather than locking the wheels.

i got told it was because it was discs on the rear and hubs were much better for instant locking

I think the prob with mine are the sliders stick but when I stripped them they were nothing wrong, no rust or out! But seems the rubber seals on the sliders are really tight.

Mine was awsome, locked solid by second click, even at speeds over 60mph.

New discs and pads, rear calipers reconned by me :rolleyes:

The discs and pads didnt do much untill i reconditioned the rear calipers. The pistons were quite noticably pitted too ! new pistons fixed that ;)