getting a full new stainless steel exhaust at the weekend, ive decided since im only running at the minute with a k&n panel filter that im gonna get a new induction kit, i also plan on relocating it to the front bumper using stainless steel piping or samco hosing, i plan on the pipe being bent pretty much as with the arrow in the below pic but then out into the bumper and under the passenger front headlight

im thinking of blitz, hks, or bnp carbon

but need suggestions asap

air3qs.jpg

ive been told blitz and hks are only available for 4e-fte but since ill be customising the piping and relocating it i should be able to choose any, correct?

see what we were speaking about on msn is totaly doable but not the most efficient.

someone on ths sister site had a go.

if you think about it the air is moving rushing over the manifold at a fast paste anyways.

if i were you id take a leaf out of jims book. relocate the battery to the boot then make a shroud for a dedicated induction kit.

just a thought.

or also, relocate the battery to the spot where your airbox was originally.

in also looking into this set up when i decide on a filter i like, or whether i prefer the standard airbox or not!!

Rich.

:p I have a sr and i got a hks induction I have just used the standard rubber pipe and had to move it around to be able to fit my strut brace it has a good space around it but I had a idea that if I move the radiator to the left and put it down the bottom to keep the heat from the outlet away.

does this help you mate

:p I have a sr and i got a hks induction I have just used the standard rubber pipe and had to move it around to be able to fit my strut brace it has a good space around it but I had a idea that if I move the radiator to the left and put it down the bottom to keep the heat from the outlet away.

does this help you mate

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good thinking my man

I think many stuff can be made concernign air induction. According to my opinion (and hopefully ill try it in one-two months time) an efficient solution would be: Fisrts relocate battery back. Second (and here might need some fixing at least and the right) use one or two airducts (some custom brackets and mountinh will be needed) to pump air from the foglights (of course remove them) via hosing (any type but i think the size needs some experiments). Then make a new a new airbox (a bit like a scoop) in the place of the old battery (like weeJohn describes) where the two (or one pipes ends) and if someone wants the original airbox and inlet he just adds the pipes. But i think the cost will be high and the result questionable theoretically it should work better.

PS of course the cars look would get worse but there is also a solution since the opening for the foglights is quite big and a pipe would seem a bit awfull you can use a metal grille in order both to upgrade the look and prevent birds flies etc from aintering to your induction.

toby who recently sold his sr had the best idea by far....

heres a pic...

gallery_10230_214_1123585820.jpg

as you car see he has the cone filter past the top panel inbetween the top panel and the bumper.

altho wylo on this site had an idea that was simular to mine...

starletengine2.jpg

Rich.

toby who recently sold his sr had the best idea by far....

heres a pic...

gallery_10230_214_1123585820.jpg

as you car see he has the cone filter past the top panel inbetween the top panel and the bumper.

altho wylo on this site had an idea that was simular to mine...

starletengine2.jpg

Rich.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is a very very nice starlet when did you get that respray :p

What i was gonna do with mine seems a lot easier and cheaper.....

Take out the battery...

Take out the airbox...

Underneath the airbox there is a nice sized ledge to which the airbox sat on.

GEt a peice of sheet steel, mark around your battery..... saw in each corner and band metal to sit around battery.

Then sit it on the ledge and fasten with a bolt, all you gotta do now is relocate the Earth cable.

THEN, you got a nice spot behind the headlight for a tasty looking crome induction pipe!

Thats my plan anyway!

Hi guys listen to weejohn and scutch, they know what there on about.

Putting an air filter anywhere in the egine bay, even behind a head light is pointless, you will loose power. Your better off keeping the standard air box and using a k&n panel filter, honestly.

As john said, an induction kit/filter is designed for cool air, putting an oversized filter in the bay will loose you power, and give you a nice big flatspot.

In my eye's theres no point in relocating the filter in the bumper when using the 4efe as the inlet has to be so long to get there. My filter was where it was as i was running a 4efte/turbo, therefore i relocated the filter staright off the turbo, what a difference.

Also, dont pay loads of money for a filter, blitz, hks there all wank. You can get the same quality and function for a 1/4 of the price. Its just a filter for god sake, when will people learn. These companies are laughing. YOU ARE PAYING FOR A NAME!

I had a custom green cotton filter made as i wanted a specific size to fit, cost me £40. Heres a better pic, minus the heat shield....

gallery_10230_214_1123585729.jpg

gallery_10230_214_1123585650.jpg