Idrees's Sr - Yellow Glanza Replica

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cut the bumper out already aye???? :lol:

you gonna cut the top grille out???

Need better pics of the colour to be honest mate dont really do it justice :lol:

Yeah the bumpers already cut out :lol:

I really do want to cut out the top grille but it'll loose support i think, because the honeycomb grille attaches to that and holds it to the slap panel. But what i am going to do is cut out the small bar that goes vertically, so that it'll have just one bar going across! :lol:

I'll go get some pictures of the colour when the suns shining :lol:

Had such a boring weekend so i thought i'd start preparing it for the new paint.. Starting from the front. Managed to get nearly one complete wing done, i'm going to strip the car totally straight after the VIC test, which i'll have to book when my dads back from holiday!

DSC02204.jpg

(The reason i've put that useless picture up is because updates without pictures are boring!)

Right, my Enkeis are now off the car (After spending ages getting the locking nut off without the key!) and my car now sits on 4 random steel wheels which are all different sizes! Its staying like that till I get my Paseo rims which will probably be in about a month. They'll only be temporary though :p

Also on the way down from Scotland right now are some parts, i'm not sure of exactly what though. Something along the lines of doors and a tailgate. (Thanks to G)

Will update with pictures tomorrow! :p

Oh yeah, I've got a spare bit of cash from selling the rims so i hope to buy my Yellow paint very soon!

Ok, so my Enkeis went today for £180! I gave a £50 cut to my cousin for bringing me all the parts down off G's old breaker.

So the new parts are:

Passengers door

Tailgate

Drivers wing mirror

Passengers wing mirror

Rear boot panel (Will have to be welded on)

Standard air box with the pipe (Another one!)

Heres all the little bits i've gathered so far:

DSC02218.jpg

And heres the bigger parts: (Glanza bumper and spoiler are hiding away in a box!)

DSC02221.jpg

DSC02219.jpg

DSC02224.jpg

Now i'm not sure whether i should keep my cash for the paint, or to order my Glanza headlights?! But besides a pair of skirts, V headlights and the rear plate surround, everything is there for me! Just need to get he VIC done before it all starts!

Hehe, thanks guys! I started de-locking the tailgate today with some aluminium and fibreglass. I tried welding some metal behind the hole first but i couldn't get the welder to work for me! It just needs abit of filler and smoothing, I'm undecided whether to ditch or keep the rear wiper...