Idrees's Sr - Yellow Glanza Replica

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing! Just sat and read your progress from the beginning (better than any book i've ever read), and am really impressed. The Yellow looks Fookin awsome mate, fair play. the amount of time and dedication you have given to this car is impressive. I cant wait to see the little beauty when shes 'finished'.

Youre doing an immense job mate!

Muchos respect to you for doing all the work youre self! I really find it amusing when people show off there cars, but they havent done a single bit of the work themselfs!

So well done mate!

yea me too, when people pay someone else to do cosmeticds and small jobs, i take the fun in doing things myself

incidently idrees i have started a project very similar to yours in someways, il keep you posted on it

Amazing! Just sat and read your progress from the beginning (better than any book i've ever read), and am really impressed. The Yellow looks Fookin awsome mate, fair play. the amount of time and dedication you have given to this car is impressive. I cant wait to see the little beauty when shes 'finished'.

Cheers dude, appreciate the comment! B)

Mmm, can't wait! :):o

Join the boat! B)

• 2 weeks later...

I gave it her a coat of lacquer and look what happened, yes thats runs you can see on the pics!!

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

I used 2K lacquer and its not hot enough in the garage so it didn't stick to the car :(

Rubbed it all down now though, so its flat ready for a Yellow coat. Not gonna lacquer it - not needed because I'm using 2K Solid Gloss paint.

Another little update.

A TGTT member delivered this to me, how nice :p

DSC00252.jpg

Somebody advised me fit the body panels on the car because the colour won't match properly when complete, seen as though its Yellow. So I fitted and edged the doors, and got the wings edged ready for fitting. So when they're on, I can give the wing/door a coat of paint and then a final coat along with the rest of the car :cool:

Doors on and half prepped:

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

Repaired a bastard of a dent in the wing:

DSC00263.jpg

Hung the wings on the wall to make life easier :angry:

DSC00264.jpg

Then a nice lick of paint in the necessary areas

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

I'm now happy with the car again :(

Ps Petrol cap on too and painted on the inside :cool:

Got the wings on so now the doors and wings are almost ready for the first coat of paint. Passenger side wants the delocking finished and a few little dents gone first though...

DSC00275-1.jpg

I've just sprayed the inside and edges of the tailgate too, ready to fit...

Before

DSC00277-1.jpg

After

DSC00278.jpg

I've nearly got all the runs out the paint and its almost flat again which is good! My arms are dead though :(

I also gave the top outer side of the tailgate and inner sides of the spoiler one coat of paint. Gonna fit the spoiler on the tailgate and bang it on the car so I can spray it together. There will be a 101% colour match in every panel - just how it should be!

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

Next day...

Update..

Got the spoiler fitted to the tailgate..

DSC00283.jpg

And the tailgate to the car..

DSC00288.jpg

Trial fitted the Glanza bumper:

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

Heres the problem:

DSC00286.jpg

Exhaust needs adjusting down. I've done it now but its only a temporary job the way I've done it :(

Edged the rear bumper and partly fitted it..

DSC00295.jpg

Exhaust adjusted.. Notice I've polished it too and it now has no burnt tip which I HATED!!

DSC00296.jpg

New look bum almost there now!!

DSC00298.jpg

And my new super lightweight transparent bonnet :(:p

DSC00299.jpg

WOW :angry: :p :angry:

That really is coming along and is looking amazing mate

Loving it...cant wait to see it done!!! :angry:

Hope the spraying comes out OK for you :angry: :(

Cheers :(

Front bumper? I was trying to keep it a little secret but here goes..

I'm saving for a Varis :angry:

jamesglanza012-1.jpg

Should look cool in Yellow with Black mesh and some DIY smoked foglights :angry:

Its expensive though so I need to scrape all my pennies together!

BUT I'm trying not to get my hopes too high because I could change my mind and go for something cheaper.. I hope not though :p