Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys :lol:

A couple of coats in White Primer...

DSC02383.jpg

And then the Yellow...

DSC02384.jpg

And some more Yellow....

DSC02386.jpg

Then the 2K lacquer which was very hard to mix but it'll last longer then the ordinary 1K :lol:

DSC02387.jpg

DSC02388.jpg

DSC02389.jpg

So now the most complicated part is out of the way!! :lol:

I know I could have left the engine bay White and saved alot of hassle as alot of people recommended, but I'm abit of a perfectionist so I wanted it all done!! :lol:

The glass company let me down as the windscreen removal was booked in for today :lol:

And tomorrow I need to go 'nut and bolt shopping' to replace alot of them in the engine bay with Stainless ones as the current ones rusty :lol:

Ps - The colour has turned out EXACTLY how I wanted it do be so I'm well chuffed with it :D

looking good mate :lol: are you getting the windscreen replaced as you have got paint on it.....?

Cheers

No its cracked I believe :lol:

Looking good mate Im looking forward to the finished result :lol:

Thanks guys, as Sparky said the windscreen was cracked

Got it removed today, and I decided to get the rear quarter glass taken out too (the bond had to be cut)

Now at least I'm not worried about the paint eventually peeling around the windows :lol:

Anyway, heres a few shots

DSC02390.jpg

DSC02391.jpg

DSC02395.jpg

Got round to starting on the interior too..

DSC02398.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

:lol: Thats because the suspension is my brothers because he's borrowed mine, these are total wank and will be binned once he gets himself a decent set and gives mine back.

No its not hard to spray but it was very hard when I first started this stuff, especially with a spray gun! The hardest part is probably mixing the paint!

Good progress idrees

i like the way the black on the rocker cover stands out from the rest of the car... well the whole engine actually lol

after youve got this project all painted...i think (this is just my opinion by the way) a set of black rotas would set this car off totally

keep us posted dude :lol:

Cheers guys :lol:

I want some Advans for her when I've done with the bodywork :lol:

Today I gave the interior a second coat, didn't get round to lacquer though. I 'Reconditioned' a few parts from the front such as the radiator mounts and bonnet catch, so they're no longer rusty but instead are a nice Gloss Black :lol:

Got most of the old painted flattened too, I need to sort the garage out and she's ready for the body paint :lol:

Check out my fresh looking radiator mounts ;)

DSC02409.jpg

Refurbed the bonnet catch and bumper brackets too, and sprayed the bumper and chassis bar Black to hide it all from the bumper grille ;)

DSC02414.jpg

Ps - Spot the changes in the engine bay ;)