• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that front splitter looks pretty damn neat. looking for somthing a bit bigger to be honest. but if we cant find one, i think i'll do that :D

naa gonna leave the rear brakes, the drums are ok, and got new shoes for them, we decided we are going to use it for rallycross instead of rallying, in rallycross your only doing a few laps, so drums will be ok. might upgrade later on if it needs it.

i disconnected the breathers, and they will be going to a catch bottle, just got to keep running the car till the oil burns away.

i painted the bonnet and doors yesterday, so will be fitting them today.

changed the engine oil and filter, and gearbox oil, and also blagged a cone airfilter off a mate for nowt :D

also took a mold of the front lights, so i can make fibreglass covers. totally fooked the lights in the process, the resin reacted with the plasic, lol but the mold is good, so thats cool :D

Edited by Rob Scott

catch tank will be front right of the engine bay, well it will be a bottle tie wrapped in there. no point in spending money on an expensive alloy catch tank when a plastic bottle will do.

doors and bonnet are now on, and exhaust made up, basically all it needs now is shocks and springs putting back on, and polycarb windows. then its finished.

yeah, not too bad, gonna do them once the cars totally finished,

managed to get the side windows for nowt off a mate of mine, so should get them once he's posted them :D well chuffed!!! but he doesnt have a sheet big enough for the rear screen.

yesterday i stuck the front screen back in, and did a spanner check, also did a bit of sanding the paint runs down (theres a lot, as the 2k paint i used was cheap, like real cheap,) its not worth spending loads on paint as it gonna get wacked, and most of it will be covered in graphics anyways. its going to be white, pink and mat black. Hannah designed the graphics, and a very good friend of mine, andy, will be doing the graphics for nowt too :D

today i'm gonna take it for a test drive down the farm tracks, so will get a vid up later, and some pics.

i had a little bit of a problem... we started building the car as a rally car, but decided to run it in stock hatch rallycross instead.... but reading the regs, it needs to be a hatch back car, and this is a coupe! oops :( but the guys at the BTRDA will let it run, seeing as tho it meets all the regs apart from the hatchback one :) so i'm really pleased!! it will be against cars like saxo's, corsas, etc (if you watched topgear recently, its the same class as hammond was in), so we are 100cc down on everyone else.

Edited by Rob Scott

395036_2685852078183_1612833196_2442913_1364227354_n.jpg

heres the design, but will have white door number squares :) and the bumpers are black too. and the bonnet wont be so much of a V, the black will follow the natural lines in the bonnet.

also the truck will be done the same too.

Edited by Rob Scott

not allowed to mod the engine at all in stock hatch, only mods are air filter, oil cooler, radiator, and exhaust, but manifold has to be the stock item.

if you turbo an engine in motorsport it multiplys the cc by 1.7, which will be ok when we put 4wd on there ;) and run in the super modified class :)

got the car out today, clutch slipping like a bitch, and brakes were non existant, but after a few runs on the farm track they sorted themselfs out. just took it easy for the first few runs, so to make sure everything was ok.

even the smoke stopped!! so fingers crossed, it might be ok :)

i'll get some pics and vid up soon :)

Could you pm me a link to the regs and class listings please mate. also is a shame your 100cc down but i guess it will just make the racing more of a challenge wich means more fun!!. Whats the entry fees like??

530342_10150633950847101_514447100_9393557_4035542_n.jpg

523262_10150633951812101_514447100_9393572_1716166059_n.jpg

523898_10150633951407101_514447100_9393564_1273673055_n.jpg

regs are here:

http://www.btrda.com/Rallycross/

also you will need a non-race national B licence from the MSA @ £35, you dont have to have a medical, or any tests. non race nat-b, you can do rally co-driver, rallycross, autocross, sprints and hillclimbs, autotests, trials,

with the licence you get an MSA blue book, which has all the regs in for building your car.

entry fees are around £200.

but with the rallycross car you can do hillclimbs and sprints which are £60-100, trials which are £20-40, autotests £20-30, autocross £50-80

Edited by Rob Scott

sweeeeet! looking forward to the vids. i recommend adding about half a metre or so of pipework to your intake as it makes a difference to your torque, i discovered that myself after a bit of fiddling with the 5efe engine.

sweet i'll have to try it. at the moment the filter is just behind the intake on the bonnet for a cold air feed thats away from any mud, which will be kicked up from other cars. eg if it was behind the headlight, or front bumper.

we painted the boot, spoiler and sunroof today. decided to do it outside as it was nice and sunny.... bad idea, as the last coat went on... it rained! :( lol. never mind. its gonna be covered with graphics

yeah man, go for it :) i recon a 1300 starlet would do well, as they are real light, and pretty good power to weight. there are under 1400 classes for most forms of motorsport :D

i'm co-driving in the 86 again soon,

/>http://www.sheffieldandhallamshiremc.co.uk/hallamshire-stages-12.html

then after that event the 16v is coming out for a 20v on throttle bodies, and custom ecu :D should be fun putting that in.

uberphil, the paseo your breaking, how much for the bumpers?

front headlight molds, i put some release agent on them ready for making some tomorrow.

534089_10150636499552101_514447100_9403249_1248004480_n.jpg

86 boot, release agent on there ready to make a mold of tomorrow. i was suppost to make this aaaages ago, but havent got round to it. so its about time i did.

398850_10150636499292101_514447100_9403247_751802919_n.jpg

boot, spoiler, and sunroof back on and painted :) cant wait ti get the graphics on there :D

524374_10150636569102101_514447100_9403480_1182842852_n.jpg

Edited by Rob Scott

Hi sorry I didn't reply sooner. The rear bumper is reserved but the front is up for grabs - I'll PM you :) The rear might be available too if the other guy changes his mind as it has a small oval cut out of the bottom where an exhaust used to hang. I'm guessing this wouldn't matter too much to you, but he may not be so keen!