lol, it will have a welded in cage with sill and door bars, and we havent taken out any material out of the parts it actually needs once the cage is in.

at the moment the paseo is only getting worked on on wednesdays, as thats when jack is off college, because i have the 86 to sort, looks like not gonna have any events till next year due to lack of funds, ian ordered the diff parts from america (ring and pinion, and uprated plates) so just waiting on those to arrive, ive done the fibreglass bonnet and front wings, they still need trimming and i still have to make a mold for the boot too. ive also got the karmann ghia to sort, ive fixed the crash damage, so just got to put a skim of filler on there and refit the engine and gearbox.... alltho my dad has nicked a few bits for his buggy, like flywheel, starter motor, starter motor mount, engine studs etc :S lol the bus passed its mot, but its got a problem with the front airbags i think its just a stuck regulator so not too bad.

ive also bought a set of 30 inch tyres for the tow truck, as it ground out in the service area on the new brighton rally this month, so its going higher now :) it looks cool slammed but not practical for rally service.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys, i need to buy the rest of the tube now, but the place isnt open till 3rd of jan. once the cage and seat mounts are welded in, i can get it painted and built back up. :wub:

for some reason, every time i start to work on this car, somthing comes along.... lol, i just bought my dad an opel manta gte for christmas, and that needs a little bit of work, not much tho, its pretty mint, and my mates mk2 golf is coming in next week for some work too. plus the karmann ghia is in bare metal at the moment, while i straighten out the body, and do some mods, like rear arch tubs, lowering the floor, and new inner and outer sills....

397418_10151066875335646_682285645_22230338_1947309703_n.jpg

374781_10151038014930646_682285645_22123292_1858112527_n.jpg

• 3 months later...

the paseo started yesterday. since i chopped loads out of the looms, i thought there was a good chance of it not starting, but here goes:

405197_10150623284657101_514447100_9354916_852960545_n.jpg

lots of smoke. :) lol the breather on the cam cover that goes into the inlet had failed when we got the car, and pumped loads of oil into it, so the inlet, engine and exhaust were covered. so first startup looked like this :D after it had ran for a while it was ok.