how can i make my car faster

To be honest, the best thing to do with a n/a is spend the money on getting a serious system set-up! Then just add a exhaust/filter corolla mani. And they are pretty fun. If you have the money to throw at tuning a n/a seiously then do it. But it will be very expensive for very little gains. Trust me i tried with my old green one and made like 9BHP lol.

Decent brake set-up, Good suspension set-up, few minor engine tweeks = N/A Fun!

show me i belive joel has hit this target also but not checked his build will do it now.

remember a mid ninties gti was pushing 115hp out a 2ltr so a 100+hp 1.3 is very good indeed.

chris

and im not promoting street racing in my eyes this is not big or clever, but to have som fun with other cars that should leave u standing is wat floats my boat. other thn this i do track sessions. street racing is not good and u aint a big man for doing it. its all about the track nothing quite beats it.

just my twopence, spend your money now as you see fit, its your's after all, better and faster cars will come in to your life and go also, my last car was an 07 plate focus st3 267.8bhp on the rollers (mountune setup) fun fun fun, and fast as feck....... and now im in a N/A sportif, its only marginally slower (lol) and looks like someone poured brake fluid over most of the body work, but drives mint and is fun to drive and thats what its all about.

just get out there, drive your car and have fun!

peace!!!

these n/a are fab little cars with good fuel economy...

i have had a few mods put onto the car and love every single one.. it's a learning curve and you get to understand what consequences are having put on different mods and how it affects the car and what you want to achieve at the end result of it and if you don't like it then change it.

so if hurley wants help on getting more power we should help him out and see what he wants to achieve from it. yes you may get less fuel economy etc but that's what happens when you chase power gains.

I have had these fitted for performance:

glanza inlet manifold + TB

corolla injectors

corolla exhuast mani 4-2-1 setup

sports high flow cat with 2.5" cat back with 4" jap can heat wrapped

and love them all because of my driving style and what i use my car for

n/a Powwwwaaaaa :lol:

bring on RR 25th

yer thats the one. he got some very good gains. so if the n/a boys went down the same line they would get over 100 at the fly easy.

- High lift cams

- TRD 0.5mm headgasket

- Mild ported 4efte head

- Microtech LT-8 ECU

- 4efte rods

these are the main mods that really boost power over what people have already got.

These are the mods ive got, any ideas on bhp.? will be get dyno'd

-FTE inlet

-FTE TB

-K&n panel filter

-2" custom cat back with TTE backbox (soon to change to HKS OR APEXI backbox)

-iridium heat range 5 spark plugs (not a mod but hey :lol:)

Also my handling should be like this when im finished

Got

-braided brake lines

-GT front strut

-adjustable rear strut

-panther 40mm lowering springs

Going to get

-RARB

-C Pillar bar

Maybe

-Alk

i dont know why everyones arguing. chill

some people can afford turbos some cant.

some have big bucks to spend on insurnace some have enough coin to push a little more out of their n/a.

we dont all have the wisdom of experiance, but we dont get wise without trying new things.

let us young ones be. if i have learnt anything in my 1year and 2weeks on here, it that the fun of a starlet is buying an n/a first tweeking it as much as possible, maybe throwing too much money at it and then either converting it or upgrading.

may my peace be with you all

james

I Think everyone has their wires crossed. We are not telling you to not throw money at a starlet, we are trying to advise you that the best thing to be spending on is handling and braking mods before touching power

micky good find this set up exept ecu is wat im aiming to do to ryans car + a 1:1 fuel reg and my own ram air system short reach. look how his hp does not teater off near the top end think we need to up the red line to get even more, i would say thr is more up thr. which means big work. lov how smooth this is showing how everything he has set up is in tune. lov it gutted this is wat i was aiming for.

chris

did not expect that kind of power thw was hoping for around 115hp,

100_0147.jpg

Thats my graph when i first had the S rolling road all i had was advanced timing,cat-back and k&n air filter but had the car serviced like 3 days before. However i lost power the second time i had it rolling roaded but i never serviced it before or i might have just lost the power :lol:

n/a tuning is the perfect starting base! i miss the days of my 1330cc mini, was an animal and hard to keep with upto around 80mph, the 0-60 was nuts and the tourque steer kept you on your toes. i agree with the other older lads in as far as tuning start with brakes and handaling, then find the power, but for a young lad/girl na starlets arnt a shy car and very nippy! but being another one of the over 10years of tuning cars id like to say you only learn by trying and all i had when i started was a 998cc mini and i ended up with a race tuned hectic mini, all still na! boost comes to thoese with deep pockets or age, na shouldnt be over lokked by anone and tuning potential is there it just needs to be done right.

I'm 27 and still running n/a and still got a few bits to do before I boost it! :lol:

im 30 and still rocking the na 4efe, the most fun ive had out of all the eps ive had turbo or otherwise is in an na so go figure

ive got 20 od youtube vids showing what this engine can do