Cusco vs Miester Coilovers

Hey People!

Ive always loved my cusco coilovers, they came on my car from JDM....

however, its ether me or the roads locally are getting worse and im bouncing all over the place, its a hard ride...

now i admit its as low as it will go without scraping fr and rr... but would miesters be a better ride at the same sort of height?

Might be worth me purchasing!

Any light that could be shed or if anyone can take me out in a car with them fitted that'd be awesome!

to be honest i dont think it really matters what coilovers you have, i think the rides getting worse but everyone knows its the shitty roads! my meisters are pretty much as low as they will go with just 20mm left on the rear, if i put them on soft it scrubs even though the arches have been rolled, and now they are on medium, doesnt scrub but rides abit bumpy, just have to learn to live with it lol

roads round my end are pretty good and i found my Meisters pretty harsh even on the softest setting, i didnt have them that low at all either.

COnstantly found my self under the car having to tighten component of the shock as they developed knocks all the time aswell

^^^ x2 not on the lowest setting and being new to coilovers its harsh even on softest settings, the roads are only going to get worse as for the roads in Sheffield it's sh*te when lowered as there's a million road speed bumps!

Miester, i did ~8000miles on mine 400-450 miles a week...motorways/more round abouts you can shake a stick at/foooked up roads you name it!!! and i loved them!!

theres no point having them on the softest setting as theres no resistance so you will feel all the bumps the road throws at you, i tried loads of different settings and settled on having the rear softer than the front why? the starlet is really light at the back and having the coilovers harder at the back just results in bang....bang......bang really uncomfortable!! (imagine a empty wooden cart being taken over a cobbled road)

having them all on the same hardness is also a bad idea!!

youll never get the same softness as a shock/spring combo (not that soft anyway) but its a track orientated item so there are some trade offs and at the current price they are ALOT cheaper than any new shock/spring combo after having them i would never go back to a spring/shock combo nor would i cheap out and buy a second hand set-up

well ive had fair few coilovers on diffrent cars (mainly civics) but so far miester have been the best for comfort on any car ok there harder than stock but all coilovers are going to be never had a set of cusco coilys tho but the worste by far was d2s on my crx it handles like fuck but your back paid the price on a bad road lol

ive been in a few different cars..

d2's were stupid.. way too hard

BC's again very hard even on softest setting

my cuscos r softest of the ones ive been in, but alot of roads round here that i like to do some spirited driving on r a lil ruff. so some slightly softer miesters might be on the cards!

soundo, was gona chime in with a reply on my views but it would be ecoing what others have said in this thread

if your keen i can honour the gb price for you if your interested

my teins where imense! perfect balance but being jdm they failed after 10k miles :D as their roads are just sooooo much better than ours. miester are developed for uk roads, cant get better than that tbf.