JAM ECU problems :(

hi.. recently bought a jam ecu.. its a AT though ( dno if that matters )..

what i done before this problem,

service oil and filter.. ( shouldn't be that lol )

adjusted my actuator to increase boost just slightly..

and removed hks fcd and fitted jam ecu!

now car gives full boost around 3k but doesn't go! and sorta miss fires :/

anyone any idea??

After fitting the ECU you should let it idle for about 20mins until it's stable at normal idle rpm

Then when you go for a drive, drive off boost for first few miles in all gears, then go through the gears a few times, each trime increasing the boost you're letting it hit. Should have basic parameters set up for fuelling then, and after 50-100 miles it will have adjusted fully

Armand,

when u fitted the ECU, did u remove the EFI fuse for 10/15 mins?

if not, do this, and try her again.

remove the small EFI fuse in the engine bay fuse box, let her sit (switched off of course) for 10 15, plug the fuse back in, switch her on and let her idle to warm up, then start driving her, dont nail the shit out of her right away but give her some beans for a few pulls, then start giving her full throttle in 3rd and 4th.

there is no science in my explanation, i am not a mechanic, but thats how Jay and I set up my Blitz ECU at the weekend there.

Phil.

i just went absoloutely mental in mine soon as i plugged it in !

so its nothing to do with the ecu is for a automatic?

i've done 20 miles ther and tried few times for full boost :/ she went once or twice..

i'll do more miles then see wat happens lol

just alittle excited tbh :)

Armand,

when u fitted the ECU, did u remove the EFI fuse for 10/15 mins?

if not, do this, and try her again.

remove the small EFI fuse in the engine bay fuse box, let her sit (switched off of course) for 10 15, plug the fuse back in, switch her on and let her idle to warm up, then start driving her, dont nail the shit out of her right away but give her some beans for a few pulls, then start giving her full throttle in 3rd and 4th.

there is no science in my explanation, i am not a mechanic, but thats how Jay and I set up my Blitz ECU at the weekend there.

Phil.

didnt remove the fuse? but should it matter wen its a different ecu in a different car?

there u have it, ECU should work. Rob's been on the scene for ever and a day, knows his technical shit, so sounds promising!

get the fuse out, or battery, and let it reset, then take her on some runs. and remember that it will take a few days for it to settle.

Jay has a Mine's and a SARD ECU, took the SARD (i think) like a month to learn my K1, nearly killed him more than once, so be aware that it can take a while for the ECU to populate its tables and settle itself. it doesnt always work like a rocket straight from the box man.

Phil.

there u have it, ECU should work. Rob's been on the scene for ever and a day, knows his technical shit, so sounds promising!

get the fuse out, or battery, and let it reset, then take her on some runs. and remember that it will take a few days for it to settle.

Jay has a Mine's and a SARD ECU, took the SARD (i think) like a month to learn my K1, nearly killed him more than once, so be aware that it can take a while for the ECU to populate its tables and settle itself. it doesnt always work like a rocket straight from the box man.

Phil.

cheers guys! that efi is it not a relay? lol

will keep yas posted!

Before removing fuses etc, when you removed the FCD did you connect the wire back up for the map sensor signal?

These ECU's will work from the go ahead, i never once had an issue with mine, even when i first fitted it.

And yes A/T ecu will work just fine in a M/T equipped car. I know this from Trevor (if any of you lot know Trevor from N/I??) Phil you will know of him i presume?

Before removing fuses etc, when you removed the FCD did you connect the wire back up for the map sensor signal?

These ECU's will work from the go ahead, i never once had an issue with mine, even when i first fitted it.

And yes A/T ecu will work just fine in a M/T equipped car. I know this from Trevor (if any of you lot know Trevor from N/I??) Phil you will know of him i presume?

yea i connected it.. will check again tho. but would she even go if it wasnt'?

a bar roughly.. i'll check all tomorrow as its to dark now lol.. will see how it goes :)

UPDATE !

soldered all the wires back to normal.. not more stupid joiners..

done wat yas said an seems the same.. so said fuck it and put old ecu in but!

wen i put the boot done she went but then hessitated and threw the engine light on! is this fuel cut? since no fcd in now?

maybe i have to boost out to far? cant even tell casue she wont let me hit full boost?

gonna do the wee test to see what fault she has registered..

wat yas think now?> would the jam ecu be faulty??

it will throw up fuel cut on standard ecu at 1 bar. lol

have you got a boost gauge?

stick jam on

and what reading is the gauge giving at 3k(full boost)?? Is that in all gears???

my jam ecu(which im now selling) wink

fitted mine with no problems like yours. (my is manual transmission)

who did you buy the ecu from?

did they run it on there car for a while ??

Is there not anyone near you that has a glanza maybe try the JAM ecu in there car then you can rule that out...Also as said anything passed 12psi of boost will throw the light up when you have the stock ecu installed

Is there not anyone near you that has a glanza maybe try the JAM ecu in there car then you can rule that out...Also as said anything passed 12psi of boost will throw the light up when you have the stock ecu installed

yh full boost around 3k when ya put then boot down.. its almost like she hits fuel cut but no lights.. the jam ecu has a fcd inside does it not???? the previous owner never got it installed :/ be he is offerning me full refund if i want?

If you need any help just shout buddy. I've a bit of experience with these ECU's plus I have the wideband here to make sure she's safe. Had some messing about with my automatic Sard ECU once I showed it proper boost too.

Jay

wer ya from jay? wouldn't mind a second opinion before i send this thing back lol