Newbie here and tuning

Hi guys I'm new here just got 99 glanza on Saturday.

I'm wanting to tune obviously as it's bog standard, I've done a bit of reading regarding tuning the car stock and hybrid td turbo.

I plan to shed a little weight well the car not me lol.

What sort of mods do I need to keep up with my mates s2000?,could a stock turbo tuned be enough so circa 200bhp? The s2000 has a few bolt on mods so circa 260bhp. He's such a smug git in his yellow one. Or will I only keep upto x mph?

Anyone had ago against an s2000?

He's says me glanza is a micra on roids and has ram raided halfords and all the bits have been left attached.

Cheers

Thanks guys, I've been in the s2000 and it doesn't feel quick but gets upto speed quickly.

It's just friendly banter between me and my mate, we're always taken the piss out of each other, I said it must run on v05 or head and shoulders lol.

Still early days don't get me wrong my V is quick but there's a lot of potential im reading. Feels a little floaty at high speeds.

ive played around with some s2000s from the lights they they cant keep up with me but am running a td04@1.2bar ive got fair amout of handling mods but if its a good driver behind the wheel of the s2000 your gonna struggle to keep ahead in the corners so make sure if u wanna shut him up id take him the on the motorway rather than the windy country roads

not totaly sure tbh not had chance to get it on the rollers will be 220+ at a safe guess before this i had 5 civics and a crx and most of the "sporty" hondas are great handling cars for the corners. vtec is fun but its nowere close to a bit of boost imo. if your going down the power route make sure u do do some handling mods aswell most people jump right in with the higher boost thinking there gonna be quiker but the starlet isnt the best handling car to start with so whacking more power doesnt help.

2 things ull notice a massive diffrence with is a rear anti roll bar and anti lift kit.

yea theres loads of threads on here to guide u on what route to take with power as theres quite a few options. dont think it will take much to beat your mate tbh pretty sure the poverty spec s2000 is 1250+kgs

What is the poverty spec?

1250kg isnt really that heavy compared to a lot of cars i guess.

So 220BHP should do it you think?

Chers

like the very basic spec with no extras at all normaly the lightest due to have no add ons

220 should be plenty i reakon

200bhp should be enough using the stock CT9 turbo

I've got about 170-180ish bhp and for eg I've seen off:

-EP3 CTR

-RX7 TT

-Audi S3 MK1

I'd highly recommend upgrading suspension and brakes as you go along, the stock items are rubbish!

by the way welcome along :D

follow the guide daz posted up chap, as amjad said, brakes and suspension along the way too!

i wouldnt bother with a hybrid... the cost involved, it would be cheaper to go TD04 :D

then ud get more power and torque anyways :D and not much more lag, only ones that bang on bout lag is the people that havent got a td04 :D

Think I'm just going to do the suspension mods first and take my time as you say, no point just adding shit loads of power then not being able to handle/corner.

Got to beat me mate though haha.

well the starlets are drag slags i only had frnt mount intercooler and air filter coming from grill and i was beatin celica gt4s great fun now I've had engine forged still running standard turbo n ecu and running in so borin