Where we all from

forged is the way forward :p mines been put on hold this month as got mot on my daily coming up and i no its gonna need 4 new tyres n couple other bits so be rather expensive but getting mates rates on machine work so should save a few quid there

aye man it deffo is ! :) aye ma wee daily driver passed about a month ago (thank fuck lol ! ) and only needed a ball joint so wis chuffed with that , hopefully snappin maself up a pair o 98 spec lights tonite aswell as getting my front bumper filled and resprayed in the next upcoming weeks :) then after that its save save save !
  • Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye buddy , a boy local has a forged td05 that he is breaking tidy wee white glanza :) hopefully get some more cash in a couple o weeks to buy some other stuff fae him before he sells it all

what else has he got mate ?

what else has he got mate ?

hes got a fair whack o stuff mate , 96 front bumper , rear bumper full stainless kakimoto exhaust system , its cool as fuck , polycarbonate windows , tailgate , forged engine , alloy wheels , full speedvision td05 setup , strut brace , monster motorsport cooling panel , jd tuning front tow hook , interior panels , gauges , motorsport steering wheel ... loadsa stuff mate too much to list its basically a full car wae loadsa extras apart fae what av bought :)

Right boys got a few bits at the weekend. Got an HKS actuator and a boost gauge and oil temp gauge. 1st of all is the actuator do-able while the turbo is still on the car cant be bothered with it turning into a mssive job. 2ndly the wiring. Boost gauge has vacuum pipe and 3 wires red black orange. red n black i assume are live and earth. Is orange maybe a remote for a dimmer or sumthing? What vacuum pipe do i break into for the gauge and where do i get the wee splitters that i plug the pipe into? 3rdly the oil temp sensor has 4 wires. Red black blue purple again live earth and 2 that go to the sensor? which i assume i needto buy seperatly and also a sandwhich plate to put it into? Whos gna tell me the missing parts of the puzzle lol.

Right boys got a few bits at the weekend. Got an HKS actuator and a boost gauge and oil temp gauge. 1st of all is the actuator do-able while the turbo is still on the car cant be bothered with it turning into a mssive job. 2ndly the wiring. Boost gauge has vacuum pipe and 3 wires red black orange. red n black i assume are live and earth. Is orange maybe a remote for a dimmer or sumthing? What vacuum pipe do i break into for the gauge and where do i get the wee splitters that i plug the pipe into? 3rdly the oil temp sensor has 4 wires. Red black blue purple again live earth and 2 that go to the sensor? which i assume i needto buy seperatly and also a sandwhich plate to put it into? Whos gna tell me the missing parts of the puzzle lol.

the hks will go on when on the car if u take your time mate its not to bad job, as for the boost gauge mines is the same I've not fitted it yet was going to tapp in to the ignition live ... is yours one of the ones where its black till it lights up ?

Aye mate black till it lights up. Just need a live ignition feed just dont know what will be best for it i dont want wires all over the place i want to keep it as tiday as possible and so that i can remove them without much fuss im quite fussy when it comes to electrics seen too many disasters wiring wise. As for the vacuum pipe u need a T section and can cut into the top hose off you DV/BOV and use that or take it from the MAP sensor. I found this it should help you. http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?81-boost-gauge-fitting

Aye mate black till it lights up. Just need a live ignition feed just dont know what will be best for it i dont want wires all over the place i want to keep it as tiday as possible and so that i can remove them without much fuss im quite fussy when it comes to electrics seen too many disasters wiring wise. As for the vacuum pipe u need a T section and can cut into the top hose off you DV/BOV and use that or take it from the MAP sensor. I found this it should help you. http://www.toyotagtt...t-gauge-fitting

thats what i did earlier mate put the boost hose in just havent wired her up yet im the same with wires like hate it looking messey. let me know how u get on with the wires

awryt mate , best way to get a live feed is take it fae yer fag lighter , its live as soon as ignition oan so itll light up straight away ! take your ground fae anywhere suitable and aye ma wire for dimmer was white but thats probs what yours is for , if you want that feature to work am sure youd haveto tap into yer sidelight feed so itll dim when u turn yer lights oan ! hope this helps yous baith oot ! :)

u can also wire the orange cable in to the "illumanation" wire on your headunit if u dont want to cut in to the lighting circuit positive its the orange wire but on my head unit ISO adapter the wire was labed illumanation which was a give away :p

Ive already cut into the lighting circuit when i done my indiglos shaun so its all good i know the exact wire im after lol. The thing im not sure about is the blue and purple wire coming from the oil temp guage. Are these both for a sensor or is one of them for a sensor and 1 for a dimmer also. I keep meaning to check myself over the battery but i forget so do any of you know?

Ahh nice and easy then.my oil temp gauge has 4 wires 2 for power red and black then 2 other wires that go to the sensor both are white on mine tho so when u get the sensor hopefully it will be colour coded. What did u want to check about battery?

When I got my car I had a autobhan decat on it and it snaped in half were the bung for the lamda was lol personaly wouldn't risk it changing decat isn't hard but I'd rather pay a little extra to save the ball ache of changing it again when it cracks

Nah i was meaning i kept meaning to check the boost guage over the battery to see what the orange wire does and made sure they lit up ok and stuff but i know now. So ill wire them up and just run 2 wires for the temp gauge to the engine bay for future use. Do you know where i can get an oil temp sensor from? I assume i need a sandwich plate for it and to grind the steering pump bracket? I think ill just buy all these parts and wait till im doing my manifold and de-cat n do it all in 1 go.

Just realised on here that skillamart and Zisco do a nice choice of manifold and de cats. They have a nice mild steel de cat for £110 quid and an Oe replacement manifold for £195 Im gna assume since they are traders on here the parts are of a good quality. Is this the best place to look for these parts brand new? Im going for the cheaper option as yous probly already know i dont wanto go wild and want to keep it as standard looking as possible. Few more questions to annoy yous all with Why is this manifold so cheap and much neater than the rest i assume its due to the pipes from each cylinder not being an equal length which im sure is best for engine performance? And whats the script with external wastgating do i just weld up my internal 1 and stick on a manifold with an external 1 and thats it?

is it an autugauge boost gauge? if it is then the orange wire is for the dimmer when you put the lights on

na its a maptun one from my mates saab 93areo haha but the wires are th same colours mate orange is the dimm its sorted now :)

and shaun the cd player idea is good likes wish i had thought of that before i did it.

zisco stuff is great and keiths realy helpful only prob with the mild steel is the paint will flake of them so they dont look good if u like a perfectly clean bay. some people heatwrap them to keep them looking tidy tho