Where we all from

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what make is it mate ? where in the west are you abouts

am not sure of the make mate its been on the car since a bought it , its currently at ma work in ayr along with the exhaust system , alot nicer lookin one than some being sold on here covered and rust / corrosion etc , ahl have a look for you the morra when am in work mate , ahl see if thers any brandin oan it , its a good thick one :) i'm in cumnock mate which is like 20miles away from both ayr and kilmarnock :

am not sure of the make mate its been on the car since a bought it , its currently at ma work in ayr along with the exhaust system , alot nicer lookin one than some being sold on here covered and rust / corrosion etc , ahl have a look for you the morra when am in work mate , ahl see if thers any brandin oan it , its a good thick one :) i'm in cumnock mate which is like 20miles away from both ayr and kilmarnock :

sound mate pm me your number and some info on it 2mo price ect mite have it off you ;)

sound mate pm me your number and some info on it 2mo price ect mite have it off you ;)

al get some pics of it the morra for ye buddy as stu seemed interested in it also , a thought everybody on here woulda already be running decat / straight through systems lol , al pm u ma number and al txt u if a get any brand aff it mate , when a come home al post pics on here n u can have a swatch ! :)

Awryt i see ill needty try that then how do i go about waxing it? and what kinda wax shud a use? Is his actual motor bronze? Dont hink av seen a bronze glanza could be interestin. Am fae dumbarton and as far as i know ive the only Glanza here but paul might correct me on that. As for tht only interestin motor is ma pals hes got an R33 GTST skyline. Its just a complete monster paul can vouch for it ;) needs a bit of work but has the potential. You should get your pals n bounce up 1 weekend. When theres some nice weather am sure shaun wud take a wee jont down for a swatch at a few Glanzas lol.

wel stu urs is the only glanza on the road, the otha silver 1s getin broke up bud

here is the stainless steel decat i have for sale bud - its in good condition and a dont think its been on the car for too long , no markings of a manufacurer or that either but done fine when running on ma motor , pm me if interested :)P1010295.jpg

P1010296.jpg

P1010297.jpg

lookin for 40 quid if anybudi wants it , pick up wid be ideal , but if u want a can post it to you at your cost :)

I probably would be interested pal but not right now as i need to pay my insurance this month and im waiting on money owed to me from my work when i get that i will be starting on the car. 1 Thing i notice though this 1 doesnt look like it can be braced or mounted anywhere surely that puts strain on the turbo.

I probably would be interested pal but not right now as i need to pay my insurance this month and im waiting on money owed to me from my work when i get that i will be starting on the car. 1 Thing i notice though this 1 doesnt look like it can be braced or mounted anywhere surely that puts strain on the turbo.

its been fine oan ma wee car mate , and aye a know what you mean like , ma turbo is secured already by a brace on the block a think , and also the mani takes some strain off it , the exhaust hangers should support it enough imo , ive had no problems with it but yours may be different a duno

yea boost creep is normaly what cause people to hit fuel cut and the car just kinda dies a plug and play ecu will sort that tho.

decats are always gonna be better braced but alot comes down the to manifold aswell my race-tech decat isnt braced but the manifold is solid as fuck so supports the weight well a cheaply made manifold would probaly would just crack

yea boost creep is normaly what cause people to hit fuel cut and the car just kinda dies a plug and play ecu will sort that tho.

decats are always gonna be better braced but alot comes down the to manifold aswell my race-tech decat isnt braced but the manifold is solid as fuck so supports the weight well a cheaply made manifold would probaly would just crack

a have a jperformance mani on mines , its solid :)

See that boost creep causing the fuel cut is what i think might be wrong with ma pals skyline weev been stumped by whats causing it for ages when you put it under load from low revs in a high gear as it comes up throught the revs and starts to boost it just thumps like your hittin a limiter n someone has hit the brakes. It caused him to blow a turbo and blew the turbine right down the exhaust pipe lol. Hes running a straight through HKS exhaust and a trust intake. With a standard ECU. I bet thats what it is thats causing it. Tell him to get an adjustable actuator and an ECU shud sort it then.

On the topic of my car ill be startin to by the parts in the next couple of months hopefully so ill run the part by you before i make any decisions. Another question see if im sticking on a de-cat i assume with that the lambda sensor will throw on the engine management light?

See that boost creep causing the fuel cut is what i think might be wrong with ma pals skyline weev been stumped by whats causing it for ages when you put it under load from low revs in a high gear as it comes up throught the revs and starts to boost it just thumps like your hittin a limiter n someone has hit the brakes. It caused him to blow a turbo and blew the turbine right down the exhaust pipe lol. Hes running a straight through HKS exhaust and a trust intake. With a standard ECU. I bet thats what it is thats causing it. Tell him to get an adjustable actuator and an ECU shud sort it then.

On the topic of my car ill be startin to by the parts in the next couple of months hopefully so ill run the part by you before i make any decisions. Another question see if im sticking on a de-cat i assume with that the lambda sensor will throw on the engine management light?

well ma de-cat has been plugged matey in they pics , a dont run lambda sensor on mines , but tbh a don't know if it will bring the light on if you want to put wan in it , that'd be your choice tho :)

you can just plug in the lamba wont throw up any engine lights but will help it trim the fuel a little.

could possible be on the skyline but best bet would be a skyline owners club or something as if its fuel cut its gonna be a realy common problem he could get a fcd and rrfpr and take it on the rolling road and get it set up aswell not sure what options skylines have in way of different ecus

Mate hes on the Skyline OC but hes been starting the the thread so i dont know how good he has been at describing it. We tried the AFM on it others options are coilpacks and some sort of CAS sensor which to me looks like a camshaft position sensor but it looks like you can rotate it on its mounts. Others said it could be over fuelling which im assumming is due to that sensor. Some people have said ECUs aswell would sort it they honestly was like 5 different causes i think you can get MINES ECUs for them. Gettin to the point now its just gettin irritating had it 6 months and never experienced it in full flight yet. See the same symptom happened to me in the starlet 1 cold night after i put the exhaust on it but my engine management light came on and when u told me about boost creep n the fuel cut it made me think thats whats wrong with it!

u had a chance to get started on your engine yet? craig

its ready to come out mate , came home from work n stayed out till 12am lol , ready to drop it out , also am due a wage rise end of may , pay near enough doubles so ahl b able to get the parts a need ALOT quicker , ahl let you know how it goes buddy :) as it goes if the block isny bad al just get it rehonned and new rings etc assumin no piston damage , if needs rebore a think its goin forged ! a boy a know builds scoobys so hes got all the stuff there for reboring , rehonning , skimming etc n hes more than willing to help me out , so a should be sorted as soon as some descent cash comes in at the end of may :D

forged is the way forward :p mines been put on hold this month as got mot on my daily coming up and i no its gonna need 4 new tyres n couple other bits so be rather expensive but getting mates rates on machine work so should save a few quid there