any one tryed toyo r1rs and uniroyal rainsport 2s

ive got toyo t1rs already which are really good ive done 3 track events with them but toyo have brung out a new tyre called the R1R which is inbetween the t1r and r888. ive heard of the uniroyals be really good in the rain and dry and hard wearing just after your opinions.

uniroyals have a serious soft tyre wall.

but are VERY good in teh wet.

have had both,and would pick the toyo.

wat tyre size do u run ?

yeah uniroyals are good in the rain and dry, ive done 2 track sessions on them and drive hard in the dry anyway, and they have plenty of life left in them

im tempted to try them next just to say that ive tryed them

wat tyre size do u run ?

im tempted to try them next just to say that ive tryed them

195/50/15

the uniroyal are so soft,my girlfriend bust one going over a slight kerb outside my house doing 5mph,lol!

after that i wouldnt put them on a wheelbarrow!

195/50/15

the uniroyal are so soft,my girlfriend bust one going over a slight kerb outside my house doing 5mph,lol!

after that i wouldnt put them on a wheelbarrow!

i run 195 45 15s believe it or not between 50 - 45 the side walls can be alot stronger i found with the t1rs. but may not be the your explaining the uniroyals.

yeah they are a really good tyre, you saw me at japfest 2 right? held the track amazingly, granted mines an n/a but i was just as quick through the corners as everything else on the track :thumbsup:

the problem with a turbo car when u hit boost around corners i can get alot of understeer thats why i want to try another make.

are they the rainsports 2's or 1's?

this is my car on rainsport 2's after overtaking the type R through the chicane, it tried to keep with me through the next corner :thumbsup:

im the 1st starlet around the corner :thumbsup:

i was thinking of the rainsport 2s

o yeh awesome

im not saying there is anything wrong with the way the rainsport perfrom,i just will never buy another over the soft tyre wall,esp as i like to test mine,or customers cars cars,hard in corners.

i will be going for r1rs for my own car after the winter.

uniroyals are shit, my car lost grip and span on a corner that may aswell have been straight going 40!

using t1r's a the mo and cant fault them, grip is good and the wear for a supposed soft rubber is even better :thumbsup:

there wasn't a spillage on the road then

had rainsports on the glanza when i got it in standard form and thought they were excellent. kept them on whilst i was tuning up towards the 200hp mark and no issues at all. i recently brought a set of slips though with prada 2 fitted and i have noticed the prada's have slightly better dry grip but i defo dont trust them as much as the rainsports in anything other than dry.

with regard to the t1r's i used to run these on my mx5's and found they were a good tyre but they also allowed you to brake traction with the rear wheels if ya wanted a little fun so not sure how they would fair up hitting boost round a corner

I've had T1Rs and used to run T1S Toyos back in the day on my Nova, from memory both were good tyres in the dry but tended to get a bit rubbish in the rain when you hit the 4/3mm mark. Tyres have come on a little way since then though (I used to think Michelin MXVs were amazing but wouldn't trust them now!). The Rainsports are widely regarded to be a good tyre across all the forums I use. I've only had Uniroyal Rainexperts though (on g/f's Fiat Panda and in 165 70 13 on current Sportif) and find they need to be in the higher end of recommended tyre pressures to lose their squidginess; they have both been very good in the wet and helped my g/f out in the snow last winter. A good wet tyre alternative is a Vredestein sportrac 3 if you can get the size - I had them on my Audi and rate them for wet weather, wear and sidewall stiffness, just a tad noisy.

I'd disregard any comments about tyres making a car understeer off the road into a hedge, there are a few other factors at play than just the contact patch.