Nanglebadger's Daily Driver

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so the list begins :p:) Owned it for how long?

Lol im gonna make history right now! I have never that i can remember agreed with streetracer_starlet as we seem to clash on our opinions. BUT.................my opinion is 100% in agreement! Alfa as a daily driver = fail lol i know sooooo many people who have looked at them on the drive waaaay more than they have driven them!

Good luck with her phil, i admire your optimism my friend. personaly id sort her and move her on in favour of a desiel mondeo or an astra.

Well...it didn't fuck up again, but it is going. Confirmed.

Update

Got the broken spring replaced today, great use of my holidays before crimbo :) :)

however, en route back to work i called into Donnelly's in Mallusk as i had the four-one-one on a car that had come in....and long story short, i've done a deal to trade my red one in for it.

The new car is still a 159, only this one is grey, with suede rather than leather...and oh yeah, its a 2.4 JTDM. 210 BHP kkplzthnx!

Same MPG as the 1.9, same tax as the 1.9, insurance will be a bit higher but who cares. It also has MAHOOSIVE 4 pot front calipers same as my dad's V6 has! badges are in great condition which means i dont have to replace them, a tow bar, and the body work is in much better condition as are the wheels.

hopefully i will take delivery next week between Christmas and New Year.

Project 159 continues: Project 159, Version 2.4

Phil.

neither did i mate.

no one did.

i even told the chap when i went in i wasnt for buying it. shows what i know. or how easy i sell i am lol.

anyway, finance all approved, signed on the lines tonight after work, hopefully get her next week, she's in the shop for a service already, apparently all she needs is an alignment, result!

Phil.

Update

She's here!

collected the new car last nite, so glad to see the back of the red one, grumpy til the end.

the clean up job that Donnelly's cleaning bay crew have done on the grey one is nothing ordinary! it honestly honestly honestly looks like a brand new car! its so mint!

its also getting better mpg than the red one already, and that included me "testing" the 210bhp on the way home...fecking shifts!!!! sounds epic too!

they also kindly fitted my OEM wind deflectors for me and i'll fit the bee sting ariel and my new mats today.

i'll get some pics asap, right now its like a hurricane over here!

Phil.

Mate get the new one remapped it will be a fucking animal!

Your improved mpg will be down to not having to put your foot down so hard to get around. A remap (to some extent) will improve mpg aslong as you're gentle on the throttle.

At a wild guess I'd say 250bhp is in easy reach. You could quite easily have a rather fast mile muncher with a couple of mods, but I guess it's fast enough for now lol.

How much torque are these things chucking out? 5 or 6 speed? And how much do they weigh?

I don't know what these cars are like to drive but I bet you once you get used to chucking it around it will actually be quicker point to point than your EP.

i'll maybe keep an eye on the local italian forums and watch for Angel Tuning doing an NI visit for mapping.

according to wikipedia she is 300 lb ft torque at 1500 rpm, kurb weight is 1,430–1,680 kg (3,200–3,700 lb) - im guessing the higher figure is for the Sports Wagon version.

wikipedia link

she's a 5 cylinder 6 speed manual, no Q2 unfotunately lol. she seems to have no options at all, but i'll soon address that in typical BadgerSports Inc tradition! lol

she's a big boat in the corners tbh, although there is a factory front strut available for relatively cheap, and there are aftermarket rears available, could well be tempted by the OEM front one.

the giant Brembos hiding behind the 17s are what make me giggle tho!

Phil.

5 cylinder diesels make such a nice growl lol, I'd be tempted to get rid of the cat and DPF!

300ftlb at 1500rpm must be mental (next time you drive it, hold the revs at 1700rpm, then stamp on it, it's good for lolz with an unsuspecting passenger who isn't leaning back in their seat properly).

I guess at that weight she's no ballet dancer but with those big anchors you could still have some good fun in it lol. Diesels are a very different drive to petrols but great fun once you get used to them.

• 1 month later...

Update

can't believe i forgot to put up pics of the beast! i fail!!!!

apologies all. was buying LEDs for her tonight and it dawned on me i'd forgotten! duuuuuhhhhhhh!

so far she has been MINT! got the whole car done with Guard-X when I bought her, totally worth the money! very expensive but totally worth it! MPG aint as good after all, but thats because she's 210 bhp and i have to teach BMWs to fuck off right out of my sexy italian face!

she's goin in shortly to have a faulty switch looked at, other than that, I love it to bits and anyone who has been in it is seriously impressed with the punch it delivers and how pimp it is, especially for a heavy metal loving overgrown kid like me!

anyways, pics. I have included some of Father and Mother Badger's 260 BHP 3.2 V6 Q4 Lusso spec, because its shexy! Mine is the Turismo spec, so no leather, but Suede FTW on cold mornings!

Stromboli Grey FTW:

DSC_0067-1.jpg

Personally I love how butch the rear end is with those flared arches:

DSC_0068-1.jpg

DSC_0069-1.jpg

DSC_0070-1.jpg

Individual head lights FTW!

DSC_0071-1.jpg

Father and Mother and Son. Look closely and you'll see Project Bagdersports peeking out:

DSC_0072-1.jpg

Parental Badgers' 159, because 2wd just doesnt cut it these days!

DSC_0073-1.jpg

DSC_0074-1.jpg

4 Pot Brembo-style calipers anyone??

DSC_0075.jpg

This evening I have ordered some of these sidelights:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330449108757&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&clk_rvr_id=260267490459#ht_2113wt_1110

and some of these number plate lights:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260746613778&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&clk_rvr_id=260278728630#ht_2303wt_1344

and last week I got some of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RING-H7-XENON-ULTIMA-120-BRIGHTER-HEADLIGHTS-BULBS-RW1277-BRAND-NEW-/160676029142?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item256909a2d6#ht_500wt_1127

I also have some H7s for the main beams and some H1s for the fogs that Joel bought me, so we have some major bulb fitting ahead, followed by doing the puddle lights with LEDs in the door too.

Phil.

• 1 month later...