Nanglebadger's Daily Driver

Now then, unfortunately reliability issues with Project BadgerSports have necessitated the need for a more economical, more functional, more comfortable, and more reliable daily cruiser.

This evening I put a deposit on my new daily. I'll keep it under wraps until she is on my driveway, but I will say these few things:

The colour and nationality of a true pedigree

Leather

Cruise control

6 Speed gear box

Turbo Diesel

There are no plans for this as it is a daily that will one day need to be sold on, so no kits, no wheels, no tuning, but BadgerSports Inc being BadgerSports Inc, naturally she will get tidied and smartened to my standard.

Project BadgerSports will live on in time, but for now, its time for Project BadgerCruiser (a more fitting name may be chosen following consultation with Jay at the earliest possible convenience).

First car i've ever bought. what a stressful business!

Phil.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh go on then, she's an Alfa Romeo 159 Lusso 1.9 JTDM...she's f**kin pimp! dead chuffed.

had been lookin at A4s and Accords etc, i.e. boring soleless crap that i'd have parked and walked away from, but there's a GREAT Italian owners club over here which i'll get involved with.

The props go to Mrs Badger because she's the one that found it!

she's getting a small lick of paint and some minor door/car park dents pulled before i pick her up, hopefully next week. But this is good for the EP too, means i get to keep her away from the salt and winter roads and i get to fix her properly and take my time!

cheers gents (and apologies to those who dont like Alfas lol)

Phil.

cheers lads, went tonight and signed the finance papers on the dotted line, all done and dusted, just need to wait for those minor touches to be done, then get her home and taxed and the insurance swapped over.

@Socks - we dont know man. it was thought the sump and its been resealed 3 times now, but even Secret Steve is baffled. he resealed it last week, need to get it MOT washed then drive it and check to see if the leak is still there.

Phil.

mate, this will be our 4th alfa, and our second 1.9 JTDM. I knew going into this exactly what reliability issues there are, i.e. the EGR valves fuck up.

however, this beast has a 5 yr warranty that covers shite like that! ya didnt think i'd buy something i couldnt keep on top of did ya?? lol. also, as said, i'll be joining the NIIMC, the support network here is as good as the starlets, excellent community for Alfas and Fiats here.

We know enough folk in Alfas and with Alfas, so combined with the 5 yr warranty, it was the safest purchase i could make.

Phil.

cheers gents. got uber excited seeing it again tonight, dreaming up what i want to do to it (i.e. polish and wax lol).

Jay told me too many horror stories from VW warranty to let me go near a VW, and Honda Accords are expensive buggers for the diesels, plus secret steve warned me about some issues they have.

Starlets have their problems, but the support here with Jay and Steve and Alan and Joel and weejohn and all the UKSCNI lads means that nothing is really that big a problem. the alfas here in NI are the same.

Phil.

she's not slow for a big lady!

I'm not surprised, and if I were you I'd be asking your Alfa mates about a remap - you can gain performance AND economy with a remap on a diesel (obviously driving style dictates the outcome of it all).

I used to be a diesel hater but now I love them. Not sure what it's like when you also own a 4EFTE powered Starlet but comparing my diesel (which has ancient technology compared to your JTD engine) to my previous cars it's great getting from A to B, fast.

coolio dude, perhaps in time yeah i'll look into that, you're the second person to suggest that, the first is a work colleague who owns alfas, so food for thought.

hopefully gettin her taxed today so will have her on the road tomorrow.

ordered a bee-sting ariel and two black metal tax disc holders with the alfa logo engraved into them.

Phil.

Update

Alrighty then, let us commence with this new project. Jay has his Project 55, so, in homage to such a great project name, I have now dubbed this project of my own, Project 159.

Please excuse the fact she is not clean, never in my life have i encountered a car that gets so dirty so easily, apparently they are known for this along with the GT due to the shape of the front and rear wheel arches, they throw dirt everywhere! needless to say, i have already investigated OEM mud-flaps and these will be ordered post-haste to prevent any stone chips developing up the sides.

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

Now, this being BadgerSports Inc, she couldnt stay totally standard for too long, I mean I picked it up on wednesday, thats more than long enough!

So, some small tasty treats:

DSC_0067.jpg

and:

DSC_0068.jpg

before:

DSC_0073.jpg

after:

DSC_0074.jpg

On the hunt for a few OEM accessories for her, so will update in due course.

Phil.