Epic Track Day April 2012 - Deposit details added!

I am going to be running a track day next April 28th at Blyton park, North Linconshire.

For those that do not know, Blyton Park is built on the old Blyton RAF base which was made up of 3 concrete runways. Track days on airbases are good for newbies as they offer loads of runoffs if you get it wrong, but are normall terrible for tyres.

When Richard took over Blyton last year he plowed £250k into a new purpose built tarmac track. He laid a new 1.6 mile tarmac circuit for track day and sprint use. This circuit has been designed with input from some of the UKâ??s leading road test and racing drivers to optimise enjoyment for drivers of all ability in all sorts of cars. It features slow, medium and high speed corners but provides wide run-off areas with no solid objects or barriers to punish the over-ambitious.

There is an undercover area for reapirs if the weather takes a turn for the worse plus plenty of other concrete aresa for spectators/shows

Ariel Picture

Blyton-Park-Circuit.jpg

Circuit Map

blyton.jpg

Here is a vid of a DC2 hooning it around the track:

[media]http://youtu.be/MQLYhk-q_Qg - No idea how to embed it though

After a long chat with the track owner and Javelin, we have agreed to arrange a track day here in April next year.

It will be an open pit day with time on track being like 9.30-5pm and although can run it for up to 60 cars, I will be limiting it to around 30-40ish, obviously the more I get the cheaper it becomes for everyone BUT I want everyone to get as much time as they want. The track owner said he can have up to 20 on track at a time with it being 1.5mile long

There are a few options for pricing based on the number of cars and what day we have it on:

Costs are normally the bit that put people off........

April 2012 based on 40 cars

Saturday April 28th 2012 - £110 per car

We could do it as a small meet as well with people spectating and passenger rides for fun

Every driver and passnger will need a helmet, although the track has a small amount to hire.

The noise limit is 105bd

1. Hou

2. Socks

3. Steve GT

4. Idrees

5. Ryan Lang

6. Shorty

7. Jade_star

8. paulgtt

9. Simon

10. Aaddzz123

11.*zoe* (gay username)

12. Dave

13. turbo_grant

14. ro55ifumi

15. lew777

16. SiCaln

17. Enzo

Going to start taking deposits for this as of today, either through the ticket section here (prices include PP fees):

http://ninjashine.co.uk/word/events-2/even...-trackday-2012/

Or payment can be made by gift to trackdays@ninjashine.co.uk and I will give you a coupon code to buy your ticket on the above (makes it easier for me to track people and usernames)

Right guys, I will need deposits for this by the 20th November to secure your space before I get some Hondas involved :thumbsup:

Any problems with this please let me know

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rising sun has changed Rob:

"The RSCS 2012 will take place @ Epic Centre (Lincolnshire show ground) 27th,28th & 29th July 2012"

This is why I have done it in May as there are no shows that early in the year anymore

I know, didn't want to do it on a month with another show so people have the spare cash.

For this track day I will be taking a 25% deposit from people then can spread the payments out up until the final payument deadline rather than asking for the full amount up front :thumbsup:

1.Hou (either day and any number of cars)

2.Socks

3.Steve GT

Now would you want it as a UKSC only day or open it to other clubs too? Obviously I will be in my Celica unless I find a cheap track slag before then, although I won't be on the track that much as will be busy ensuring it runs as smoothly as it can

1. Hou (either day and any number of cars)

2. Socks

3. Steve GT

4. Idrees

I'm happy either way, whether it's UKSC only or open to all other cars. Weekend would suit me better (and probably most others)

The price is well worth it! :thumbsup:

2. Socks

3. Steve GT

4. Idrees (weekend)

Will also be looking for budding photographers to come down and photograph the day and could even make a promo vid :thumbsup:

2. Socks

3. Steve GT

4. Idrees (weekend)

5. Ryan Lang (weekend)

im sure jade would be up for this too as she's been talking about taking her car on track, so this would be perfect for a 1st time :thumbsup: ill ask her today

Me and turbo grant will be up for this id of thought, so long as some one who live near will look after a car for us if the dreaded happens and one breaks down (socks or steve gt :thumbsup:) as its a fair trek from southampton lol either day is good for me :p

If it's opened up or you need more people i know of another 3-4 none starlet people that could well be up for this and as long as things don't change it's about an hour away from me 40 miles would be happy to sore a car if things went wrong.

2. Socks

3. Steve GT

4. Idrees (weekend)

5. Ryan Lang (weekend)

6. Shorty

7. Jade_star (weekend)

8. paulgtt - prefer weekend, maybe 2 cars

9. Simon

Friends will depend on if people want to keep this starlet only!

I personally would open this up and get it 40 cars on a weekend day, then make it into a bit of a mini show....

Hmmmm

No sorting dude, as it is open pit you can come and go as you please but on days like this as long as you keep an eye on your mirrors and yeald to faster cars you will love it