• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of an update, got my alloys last night and spent all day today spraying them up :) some pictures to follow..

IMAG0385.jpg

The night i bought them

IMAG0386.jpg

The difference between the one i sprayed.

IMAG0387.jpg

Cant belive i was driving around with these skinny things on for nearly 2 years! feels so much better, the tyres are almost twice the thickness! so much better.

IMAG0388.jpg

Heres some pictures after a nice wash and with the alloys on :) looks sooo much better, just needs lowering like 40mm and glanza headlights, but they will have to wait untill my next paycheck which is annoying but oh well, step by step its getting there. what is everyones thoughts on the black&red theme i have going on also? also i will have to get some pictures posted up of the interior because its stripped out of the back and inside is all black and red just like the outside.. anyway enough rambling heres the pics.

IMAG0389.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

What do you think :) ?

Edited by DaveyDemolition

i think there is to much black going on think if it was just the spoiler and bonnet and the door frames black and that would be more than enough , also need to polish the shit out of it as it looks quite faded and set of glanza head lights and that front lip off it, it would look 100 million times better

sorry if it seems harsh its just my view of it

joel

i think there is to much black going on think if it was just the spoiler and bonnet and the door frames black and that would be more than enough , also need to polish the shit out of it as it looks quite faded and set of glanza head lights and that front lip off it, it would look 100 million times better

sorry if it seems harsh its just my view of it

joel

nah its alright mate i dont mind constructive critism, and ive looked through your build thread and yours is really nice so i can see that you know what looks good and what doesnt :)

since ive put the wheels on ive thought too that theres a little too much black so i was considering spraying the skirts red but i really want to keep the spoiler and bonnet black though. but dont worry its not harsh like, i am doing it up bit by bit so any constructive critism would be nice :) and yeah i bought the wheels this month so im going to have to wait untill next month for the headlights etc which is annoying :( but ive spent so much money on this car already i need to start spending my money wisely in little bits :p but anyway thanks mate :)

and @hair bit harsh isnt it? any need in that. at least im still driving my starlet and i love it. i dont want it be completley plain i want my own stamp on it....

sorry mate again I hope you dont think i am been nasty but that is just awful it is done so BAD and wrong! there is to many gaps like the headlights for example and the whole paint work is just done crap... really thow wtf?

I would strip it all off and get all the parts painted properly.

it burns my eyes and to even think its a starlet that is not good for the starlets...

looked miles better before the kit came on!

sorry just my opinion like you said we can all comment

on a really serious note: bin all the stickers and give it a REALLY REALLY good t cut! that is a start.. :)

Edited by iamlegend

Looks a mess if I'm honest

Lose the front lip

Get rid of the white handles

Lose stickers

Get some proper headlights

Sideskirts colour coded red (professionally)

Get rid of the overspray on the lights etc

After that work is done it might start looking good ;)

Looks a mess if I'm honest

Lose the front lip

Get rid of the white handles

Lose stickers

Get some proper headlights

Sideskirts colour coded red (professionally)

Get rid of the overspray on the lights etc

After that work is done it might start looking good ;)

sorry davey but im with iddy on this,i no its extremely excitin getin new parts n u wana get them fitted asap but take your time sprayin etc,preparation is the key to a great end result.uv got ovaspray on your lights and reg plate,nxt thing to get is 40mm lowerin springs n get em on,itl improve handlin tremendously.in the meantime wipe off the overspray.

and did u actually spray the sideskirts while they wer ON the car?looks like u did.

if your no careful itl end up on barry boys,u dont want that lol

• 2 weeks later...

Still got alot left to do on this but i thought i would update with pictures as it stands at the moment..

In the first few pictures it was just after i spent 4&1/2 hours using paint cleaner, polish then wax on it, and cleaning the wheels etc. can you notice how shiny its come up? it could do with it doing maybe one or two times more to bring it up proper :) but it looks alot better...

Before:

IMAG0394-1.jpg

After:

IMAG0842.jpg

IMAG0843.jpg

I know the overspray is still on the numperplate but if you look in the pictures that are about to follow they overspray is off too :) and all the other overspray on the car is gone so it looks alot more cleaner and tidier now. and i fixed my drivers side skirt because it dropped down slightly..got some glanza headlights in the post, should be recieving them either tomorrow or the day after :) then lowering springs in march. also my dad has a compressor and has offered to respray my front+back bumpers for me so they will look nice and shiny, then it might start looking better then :)

IMAG0886.jpg

IMAG0874.jpg

IMAG0867.jpg

IMAG0865.jpg

IMAG0864.jpg

IMAG0862.jpg

IMAG0879.jpg

IMAG0883.jpg

IMAG0887.jpg

IMAG0871.jpg

IMAG0875.jpg

hahaha that made me laugh!

I put my glanza headlights in this morning its looking goooood! :D

pictures:

Before:

IMAG0891.jpg

During:

IMAG0892.jpg

After:

IMAG0897.jpg

IMAG0899.jpg

IMAG0893.jpg

Thinking about amber courner lights, what do you think? dont know why just fancy it after seeing 'Mo3's' sig up there ^^^^

Ive already got them in my room somewhere because i swaped them when it still looked like a sportif for the clear ones, just fany going back orange now ahah, only takes two seconds to change might do it to see what its like...

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool. that creased me up

cars looking sweeeet as bro

think u need to take them shades off because your no sein wot every1 else is!

wots with the white door handle?u really really need to remove the black paint from the fogs and rip that splitter off dave, i dont even fit rite!

think u need to take them shades off because your no sein wot every1 else is!

wots with the white door handle?u really really need to remove the black paint from the fogs and rip that splitter off dave, i dont even fit rite!

yeah i know mate theres loads of stuff on it that im sorting out, im getting proper fogs when the front bumper is coming off and getting resprayed proffesionally. and as for the white door handle i dont have a clue why i ever sprayed that white, i keep forgetting about it because its on the passanger side haha and yeah splitter is coming off when the bumper is being resprayed etc and lowering springs too :)