• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think u need to take them shades off because your no sein wot every1 else is!

wots with the white door handle?u really really need to remove the black paint from the fogs and rip that splitter off dave, i dont even fit rite!

chill your beans dudes, its early days yet :) he hasnt been on here that long. try reading some of his post instead of looking at pictures, every time you say something looks crap, he says hes getting around to it. not every one has the time and money to do everything to showroom spec. we are supposed to be incouraging the noobs not giving them shit because you dont like what they've done. go buy a honda and join civic life if you enjoy giving people shite jeeeeeeez!

rant over

Bit of a nail atm pal,lets hope U can save her.

he will :) i have faith :p lol

looks much better with the glanza headlights dude :) id pop the amber indicators back in :)

thanks Ryan :) appreciate that.

it is a lot harder to make a glanza rep then a lot of people make out on the forums and I do appreciate everything everyone has to say i know its a bit bad in places but I've sorted so much bad shit out and I will continue to its just hard when your on a budget I do want my glanza a mint one but it doesn't happen over night and i think its good that you can see progress its not just n/a to perfect glanza I do love my car but at the end of the day its a learning curve because I've never done anything like this befote yet everything I've done I've done myself and funded it all myself and i know your not disrespecting any of that but its very sad, everytime i post an update It just makes me sad and is very disheartening when im so enthusiastic about it like. sorry for rambling I know alot of you are just trying to help and you are because I do need a push in the right direction sometimes because you lot are more experienced than me. so I thank you all for that I just want you to know that i am trying my best i just get lead astray sometimes because i get so exited about it, so im sorry for that. rant over. thanks to anyone that took the time to read the essay lmao.

thanks Ryan :) appreciate that.

it is a lot harder to make a glanza rep then a lot of people make out on the forums and I do appreciate everything everyone has to say i know its a bit bad in places but I've sorted so much bad shit out and I will continue to its just hard when your on a budget I do want my glanza a mint one but it doesn't happen over night and i think its good that you can see progress its not just n/a to perfect glanza I do love my car but at the end of the day its a learning curve because I've never done anything like this befote yet everything I've done I've done myself and funded it all myself and i know your not disrespecting any of that but its very sad, everytime i post an update It just makes me sad and is very disheartening when im so enthusiastic about it like. sorry for rambling I know alot of you are just trying to help and you are because I do need a push in the right direction sometimes because you lot are more experienced than me. so I thank you all for that I just want you to know that i am trying my best i just get lead astray sometimes because i get so exited about it, so im sorry for that. rant over. thanks to anyone that took the time to read the essay lmao.

Thats why its a project dude :D I like to see progress made over time! look at my old n/a thread davey, She was multicoloured for a while :D Did i care? naaa, still went to shows everyones top and its always banter xD especially when she was on standard springs, 4x4 on track xD

As for experience, you gain it when you either break something (parts wise) or fit something wrong :p Ive done it plenty of times since ive owned my starlets, keep up with it and she`ll look exactly how you want it! dont let people saying 'looks crap' to dishearten you, if you wanna be different be different! weve all got our own personal twists to our cars.

Looking 1000000% better with the glanza headlights bud!! I was the same as you about a year or two ago, on a student part time wage budget haha! Id suggest some engine mods to the 4efe to give her abit more grunt and power after youve sorted how you want the asthetics to look :)

keep at it dude!

Edited by redz11

thanks redz11 :)

yeah when i first started up on here i think your old build thread was one of the first that i read and was inspriation for me to do a glanza rep :) because ive always had alot of love for the glanzas but never really knew it was possible to swap all the bits over to get it looking like a glanza.

its just getting the confidence to do it. but even when you have a front glanza bumper on thats a completley different colour to the car your like, ive got a glanza bumper and it looks amazing!

like you see what people dont see. like when i look at my car i see it as what it will be like when its done i dont see it as what it is now and think yeah i like it. i mean dont get me wrong i love it at the moment and im so proud of it no matter how tatty it is in places its mine and i love it to be bits and would honestly cry if i crashed it now.

but yeah im glad you understand what its like and same to you ryan :)

and im not singling anyone out on this forum i know all the people that have said bad things about it are only trying to help! and there not really bad things about it, just what i need to do to it to make it look nice :)

but yeah thanks guys, it will get there one day. lowering springs+front bumper resprayed proffesionaly will help alot!

then fucking spray that door handle black! not white!

and as for engine mods ive got a corolla mani that i really want to fit just not too confident about it yet. im sure i can do it its just gaining the confidence i have all the gasgets etc and the tools i need just scary ahah.

Thanks guys :)

Also. Amber indicators are back on, not sure if i like them or not i think i just need to adjust to them again its weird putting something old back on :p

and i got rid of the side window tints which i think makes it look alot cleaner :) plus you can see the stripped out rear better too ;)

Needs some major TLC mate but its getting there. Looks soooooo much beter with the headlights fitted.

Keep up the good work and it will get there bud... Rome wasnt built over night people ;)

Edited by ianmcintoshi

A lot of harsh comments in this thread. Some are just bang out of order

Theres a fine line between pointing someone in the right direction and ripping the pish.

What ever happened to unfinished projects?

Looks like a cool little project to me keep the updates coming!

Charlie

ryan the top part of my post u quoted was for jayme.

not slatin davey,its constructiv critiscism and i hope he understands that.

but ther r worse comments in this thread so U calm down ;-p

weve had had our 2ps worth bout sum1s car so no point in getin on2 me wen wer all guilty of it.

i hav sed positiv words at times 2, end of the day no offence was ever intended,the guys learning :-)

davey the glanza lights make it look waaay beta and wil look a shit load beta wen u gets da moneys to slam it!

keep goin,your nearly ther!

paintt.png

it was what you said to jayme about daves car ^^

theres constructive criticism, then theres ripping

its not just you obviously, but you was the last too comment when i picked up on it (too lazy to scroll :p )

aye , the shades bit! im hardly rippin it am i. iddy said daveys cars a mess at the top n your no nippin at him so chill winston.

as sed before im no attackin him,just like othas,its constructiv.

itd b difrent if daveys an arse but hes not,his cars improvin every coupl of posts n every1 of us has sed sumthin thats helpd him along the way so its all good

also iamlegend gave him shit etc

it doesnt matter who it was, i quoted yours because it was closest. i never said paulstarletSR stop being a tool.

i said dudes i believe? as in everyone who has harshly criticised daves choices.

now lets not spam daves thread and all just have a big e-hug :)

its all kicking offfff! nah i dont mind most of it is constructive ciritism from all of you lot.

just occasionally its a bit too harsh.

anywayz, the amber indicators are back on and ive peeled the black window tints off, looking alot cleaner now :)

Edited by DaveyDemolition

Fuck everyone else mate, It looks like your heading in the right direction to me, Glanza reps don't happen over night and your getting on with this allot quicker than i am my black one so fair play to ya. As you have also said its a massive learning curve for you and i agree with you there because i didn't really have a clue what i was doing when i first started my old glanza rep, it even had a black bootlid on it for months! Im sure you will tidy all the little things up and get her looking really good soon matey. :thumbsup:

Fuck everyone else mate, It looks like your heading in the right direction to me, Glanza reps don't happen over night and your getting on with this allot quicker than i am my black one so fair play to ya. As you have also said its a massive learning curve for you and i agree with you there because i didn't really have a clue what i was doing when i first started my old glanza rep, it even had a black bootlid on it for months! Im sure you will tidy all the little things up and get her looking really good soon matey. :thumbsup:

cheers mate :) and yeah i may be doing it quicker but i wish i did take my time with a few things because they would of looked alot nicer and save me the hassle now of taking a step back and redoing them. but oh well its all part of learning ;)

she wll be looking good soon dont you worry! lowering springs and bumpers sprayed proffesionaly will be a huge start!

getting there from when you started man. still think you should lose the stickers and lip, but it's looking a lot cleaner and the black and red look nice! maybe some jdm rims in the future, but worry about that drop for now! wouldn't recommend sr springs as they're all gonna be rusted to fuck (evidently shown by the advisory on my mot) and you'll wanna go lower. if you wanna sell them clear lenses let me know!

I was chilling down cardiff airport tonight when a few people turned up who were proffesional photographers and took a few pictures of my car, ive only got 3 at the moment but hes going to edit the rest and put them on a disc for me the others are amazing but heres a little teaser for now, i think there amazing!

419508_340288639340424_156665687702721_871384_1126949815_n.jpg

419751_340288649340423_156665687702721_871385_1316120783_n.jpg

430556_340288616007093_156665687702721_871383_1907469486_n.jpg

They caught me off guard though with an unclean car :( but im getting another photoshoot done in the day and my car will be spanking :) hopefully it will be lowered by then too and should look really good!