This is my EP 91, i have alot planned for this car, and thought i mayaswell do what everyone else does and make a thread about it over the months as i upgrade it slowly :lol:

This is what the Car looked like when i first bought it, was you can see it was near enough pink as it was 1 old woman owner who had had it from new, i bought it for £500 it was a bargain in my eyes it was aound this time last year when prices for little cars like this were poopie high, nobody would touch it because of the state it was in.

39741_417505575845_716540845_5290603_58470_n1.jpg

39741_417505565845_716540845_5290601_4046943_n.jpg

40549_417505495845_716540845_5290599_7001158_n.jpg

Then after a 3 stage process of paint cleaner, polish and then wax it came back red and was looking stunning.

I haven't really got any pictures of what it looked like right after this, because i did take a few but i have no idea where they are.

Anyway the next thing i did was put a Sony stereo in and some 6:9's i cut the holes out of the parcel shelf with a jigsaw and wired them up through the car putting the wires behind the seats and under all the trim in the car so there hidden.

Next i Put loads of crappy stickers on like sparco and some other shitty stickers like 'look i survived the scrappagge scheme' and a load of others.

Next thing then was the air filter, I've never worked on cars at all and knew barely nothing when i started. the first time around i fitted my air filter like this...

286146_10150252750050846_716540845_7971391_3165449_o.jpg

But then after thinking i reolised it was much better to have it like this..

IMAG0449.jpg

Its not only better for the car, as it is getting cold air, but it looks better, i will eventuall clean up my engine bay at some point i just want to get the exterior looking nice first..also, ignore the oil leak, thats been there since i bought it its never caused me any problems however if anyone knows how to sort it out i would be more than gratefull for your advice.

Then next i did a little bit of stickerbombing, just the spoiler and the fuel cap which i think is a nice touch to the car..

stickerbombspoiler.jpg

Then this is how it stands at the moment, i took the door trims off, put some wind deflectors on that i got off amazon for something like £26 which is a nice touch. The glue is still on both sides of the car from the door trims, but that is because i am in the process of trying to get it off. but i think it looks much nicer already with them off!

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0454.jpg

IMAG0451.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg

You can see the difference in the colour from when i first bought it, and any weekend i can where i have time i polish and wax it to keep it that way.

Also did a little bit on the interior..

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0443.jpg

I have the same planned for the dash surround too.

Anyway i know its not much so far but i thought i would make a thread as i progress. The next few things i desperatley want to do is get some new either alloys or steelies for it im not sure what would look better at the moment, if they were steelies i would want white ones, if alloys, black ones, then i definatley definatley want to lower it every starlet i see thats lowered look so much better. Then i want to get a tachometer in there, because i think it will look good and i want to see what kind of revs im doing.. and i need a new back bumper, and i want to do something to my front bumper, ive seen people cut the grill and put mesh in? that could maybe look quite good? and then maybe a laguna splitter? anyway what do you think? i know its not much, but neither is anybodys starlet when they first start out. i just really want to do all the work myself and learn as i go. also ive put HID bulbs in the headlights, not a full HID conversion, just the lookalike bulbs which has made them white instead of yellow which is nicer. I also want to get some square number plates for it.

Anyway tell me what you all think, constructive critism please :)

Dave

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very good but there is one thing i disagree with. you say the cone filter gets cold air - yes, u have retained the stock feed, but that thing will also be sucking in plenty of warm air from the bay. the cones are prettier than the airboxes, but performance wise, i personally prefer a panel in a box as it is heat shielded to a certain degree and more stable, and it worked nicely on my n/a and continues to work safely on my FTE.

however, that being said, thats a good base you have yourself for modding dude, keep us posted.

Phil.

very good but there is one thing i disagree with. you say the cone filter gets cold air - yes, u have retained the stock feed, but that thing will also be sucking in plenty of warm air from the bay. the cones are prettier than the airboxes, but performance wise, i personally prefer a panel in a box as it is heat shielded to a certain degree and more stable, and it worked nicely on my n/a and continues to work safely on my FTE.

however, that being said, thats a good base you have yourself for modding dude, keep us posted.

Phil.

Thanks for your comment, i know the air filters not perfect where it is, i will eventually sort it out so its at the front of the car, but for now its much better than it was. at least its getting some cold air rather than nothing :)

But yeah i just cant wait to get some better wheels, lower it, tinted back windows and a new steering wheel, and sort out the front bumper, i think it will be looking much much much better then.

Dave

looks a good wee car reminds me of how my project sportif looked when i first got it minus the stickers/ sticker bombing.

bit of advice dont do to much stickerbombing, also dont go ask crazy with the modding as i have haha just gets silly the amount you can spend on these things

Small Update :p

Did a Few little things today, saw a few people had done it and just made it up as i went along :(

Bought some grill mesh from a shitty place for like a £5a each for two sheets of mesh.

Then bought some white spray paint and sprayed them white...

IMAG0460.jpg

Then began cutting out the grill at the front, very simple, very affective..

Before:

IMAG0461.jpg

After:

IMAG0462.jpg

Takes two seconds to do and would recommend any one to do it, im a complete novice yet i managed to give this a go :(

Then i added the white mesh onto the car...

IMAG0464.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

Looking better already in my oppinion!

Just another quick picture with the bonnet closed :p

IMAG0467.jpg

Then with Thought why not, and sprayed my intake hose for my air filter, took two minutes and spruces up the engine bay a little bit :p

IMAG0472.jpg

Then with it on the engine...

IMAG0477.jpg

A few more pictures :)

IMAG0482.jpg

IMAG0478.jpg

Let me know what you think, didnt take long at all to do, didnt cost much money yet very very effective, doing this car up slowly will have another update soon when the bits i want off ebay arrive :D Also cant wait to get square number plates on this now.

Thanks for looking!

Dave.

Job with the mesh looks decent but I'd have done it black, personally hate it any other colour lol no offence :p

My initial thought was black, but then i thought that you wouldent even really see it, and red and white is quite nice i think :p

I will probably have a few people on here tell me that white doesnt look good, but i think it does, and im just happy at how much better it looks than it did before, and i surprised myself at how much of a good job it is :) by the way i pm'd you the other day :p

As long as you're happy with it man that's what modding cars is all about! Yeah sorry been busy etc with uni will reply when I get a chance

Ahah its alright, its no questions or anything, i only just reolised who you are and where you live :p Looking at your Ep Build i recognised the street, then remembered that i had been to your house before looking at a starlet for my sister nearly 2 years ago now, and ever since then driving past there a few times i noticed your car on the drive :p

Another small update, well quick a big one for me, basicly after 4 hours, alot of chweing gum remover, intensive tar remover, a hair dryer, T-Cut, a scraper, and another mixture of substances i got all that minging glue off the sides!!! It looks so much better. in the meantime i got a TRD sunvisor :p which i think looks really good, but i know alot of people on here may not like it because they may think it looks pretentios, but debating now whether to spray the mesh black to match the visor, any way i think its looking alot different and much better. Constructive critism on it so far please :p

IMAG0496.jpg

IMAG0495.jpg

IMAG0493.jpg

IMAG0491.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

:thumbsup:

looks tidy now mate :thumbsup: but that fli sticker and the other 1 on the door needs to come off imo :p

not a fan of stickers on the paintwork because ive had bad experiences taking them back off lol.

lowered and some tidy wheels and it will look cool :p you coming to the meet on the 23rd of october?

looks tidy now mate :wub: but that fli sticker and the other 1 on the door needs to come off imo :mellow:

not a fan of stickers on the paintwork because ive had bad experiences taking them back off lol.

lowered and some tidy wheels and it will look cool ;) you coming to the meet on the 23rd of october?

Cheers pal :( and yeah definatley, ive got the day off work especially for it :( ahah how many of you are going now?

And it should be looking even better by then, ive got import plates,triple pod gauge, rev counter, volt meter, and a few other bits all in the post, so by the time that comes around it should be looking alot better. just need to get some new alloys and lower the bitch. going to go to the scrappies soon see if i can get a decent splitter get the front end looking even nicer. Im thinking about getting steelies and spraying them white but im really not sure..

if you look at my build thread, ive got my old black 15 wheels for sale dude? good tread on them too. (the 6 spoke 1s)

could bring them down for you to the meet?

EDIT: these

zorsts.jpg

ooo cheeky, how much would you want for them? i take it you are coming then :wub: ? as a noobie i was read through your whole build thread, was loving how much you done to it, then it just got really depressing towards the end :mellow: its like reading an unfinished book :( i hope you get it all sorted! please dont break it ;) will you be coming in your car or not?

yeah i would definatley take them for £80 been looking for a decent set of either white or black ones for ages! and they are really really nice. going by my sunstrip, i think im gunna go for a red black and white theme for my car. when i first bought it, it was going to be red and black, then i wanted it red and white, so now ill just have a mixture of the 3 ahah :mellow: but with those black wheels on its going to look really nice. yeah ill definatley take them if you don't mind?

But yeah, at least you can have one last outing in it before its due for its mot, is it driveable then? do you just have to be really carefull. but yeah i hate having no money, i was reading your posts about not having a job, i didnt have my starlet on the road for 6 months because i was unemployed, it had no tax mot or insurance and it needed this that and the other done to it and i didnt have a job. tough times, i got paid on friday though, and im already short untill next month :wub:

yeah no worries mate :mellow:

yeah its drivable, but wether its safe or not is a different story lmao. but obviously i still drive it like i stole it, no wonder its buggered. it was off the road for 2 months after the head transplant went tits up. then i had a brainwave and got it running lol.

im applying for a few part time jobs just to keep it running and on the road, but mot time is gunna be d-day for it. i hope i get my college grant by then though, if i get it before the mot ill fix it up and just stick it in as soon as i can for an mot :wub: