• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably get laughed at for asking this, but what will i need to lower it? obviously springs like, but is there anything else, and i dont want it ridiculously low, I still want a comfy ride. I quite like the height on the Sr's what are they? and would it be easier if I could buy the springs of an Sr, or would they be hard to come by?

they compress the spring so the top mount doesnt shoot off damaging anything the chunk of metal hits followed closely by the spring

then when your putting it back together the help compress the springs so that its easy to put back together

• 2 months later...

Only got a few photos to add but done a shit load since my last update.

A few mods that some will like and a few some probably wont like. i know alot will like to see the skirts and spoiler red as red glanzas are rare. but i like them black because i will eventually be getting a black glanza bonnet to match which i think will look smart :)

As you can see ive got near enough the full glanza bodykit. Just need the bonnet and the headlights and its a full replica. apart from the lowering and the wheels.

The next thing in the meantime is to fit my paseo clocks which i bought off redz11 along with the glanza front bumper which i havent finished respraying yet.

Like i say ive done everything on this car myself so i am very proud of it in my own way :) and i love it to bits. The back seats and back carpet is gone, along with the handbrake and gear surround. which looks nice just need bucket seats+harnesses now :)

Anyway have a look at the pictures and let me know what you think. I know its not perfect but like i say ive done it all myself and because of this it has pushed me into going back to college and doing mechanics which im starting up in the summer :)

IMG-20120204-00397.jpg

IMG-20120204-00395.jpg

IMG-20120204-00390.jpg

IMG-20120204-00389.jpg

IMG-20120204-00393.jpg

ahah cheers mate, I told you how white they were didn't I ;) can't wait to get my black glanza bonnet tomorrow thinking about either sppraying the scoop red or having it as perspex and having my rocker cover red with the Toyota writing in white, what do you guys think :)? all I need then is the headlights and ill give it a compound polish and wax so it comes up red again and then I can sort out bucket seats etc for the interior. oh and wheels are a must! can't wait to get paid I'm buying Ryan langs old wolfrace ones. just need to buy some decent tyres for them :)

Alright guys just another update with a few pictures :)

Got a black glanza bonnet the other day from bristol and i finished spraying my front glanza bumper red and meshed the scoop of the bonnet and the front bumper which looks much better :) and sprayed the mesh black as you can see, and i resprayed the back bumper so its not orange anymore.

the foglights are black because they dont work and there broke anyway so i just sprayed them black untill i get proper fog lights in there.

and i sprayed my splitter red aswell so it now looks like one full bumper which i think looks much better :)

also my interior is completley stripped out.

just need the black wheels now and lower it as i resprayed the skirts+spoiler a darker black because im going for a red and black theme incase anyone didnt notice ;)

please let me know what you think :)

pictures follow:

DSCF5678.jpg

DSCF5676.jpg

DSCF5672.jpg

DSCF5662.jpg

DSCF5664.jpg

DSCF5670.jpg

DSCF5669.jpg

what do you think :) ?

needs ALOT of tlc

stickers off

a GOOD detailing to bring the red back

glanza headlights

bonnet sprayed red

loose the mesh

loose the black fogs

loose the front splitter

rear glanza lights needed!

Edited by iamlegend

needs ALOT of tlc

stickers off

a GOOD detailing to bring the red back

glanza headlights

bonnet sprayed red

loose the mesh

loose the black fogs

loose the front splitter

rear glanza lights needed!

x2 agree with the above! do all them and you will have a tidy little car and would look like a chavs car :)

all coming togeather mate. replacing the laguna splitter for a 96 spec lip and losing the meshand the black fogs for clear or possibly yellow wud finish the bumper rite off. glanza headlights, red bonnet and wing mirrors.

Edited by dazzariley69

all coming togeather mate. replacing the laguna splitter for a 96 spec lip and losing the meshand the black fogs for clear or possibly yellow wud finish the bumper rite off. glanza headlights, red bonnet and wing mirrors.

^ this :)

Everytime I see the car it's getting better! Not a fan of laguna splitters at all is recommend an optional 96 lip, but otherwise it's coming along nice!