just fitted some trumpets to the 4age :D

i know :) I've been giggling like a school girl since fitting them lol, it sounds alot better and louder than on the vid haha

Sounds fuckin epic dude nice 1 !! Meet soon i wana go lol

yeah mate deffo i think theres another fyc meet soon so maybe then? if not ill give u a shout when im heading your way :)

sounds like it really means business.

quick question for you and sorry to spam the thread but I've been looking into this conversion recently and know of a mechanic who could hopefully perform it. Im just wondering apart from the uniqueness of your transplant do you ever wish you went 4efte instead and had a turbo which is more suited to a higher bhp modding?

sounds like it really means business.

quick question for you and sorry to spam the thread but I've been looking into this conversion recently and know of a mechanic who could hopefully perform it. Im just wondering apart from the uniqueness of your transplant do you ever wish you went 4efte instead and had a turbo which is more suited to a higher bhp modding?

Cheers, and at times I do but the reason I wanted to do this swap is because I wanted to br different. I always knew that there would be quicker cars and starlets around and that if I was slightly quicker than one one day a couple hundred quid remap it would be a different story.

But its nice seeing ppls faces when you tell them its still n/a, and in all fairness these cars dont have the best chassis in the world so if u start going silly on power you really do start struggling for grip, especially without an lsd and desent tyres lol

Personally I plan on a new exhuast mani, cams, ecu and a 5spd lsd box and that will be me sorted for power (180-90hp est), and traction shouldnt be a problem then as its not too bad now as you dont get the surge in torque as with a boosted car and I was plesantly suprised by the lack of understeer its got aswell :)

However it really is down to prefrence if its outright speed and balance you want this swap isnt for you, altho the way this was going the other nite I would be suprised if it would hit 145-50 speedo speed :s

Very nice :D How did the conversion change the handling on this?

tbh, i dont think it was all that noticable, after i did the 16v 4age swap first of all and was still on the standard SR setup i was expecting loads of understeer but it quite limited. Im sure a 4efe would have a greater breaking point of u/s but this isnt far off of it, especially now with the BC's ALK and polybushed FARB and no powersteering, its really predictable and precise. but the best test will be when i finally get it on track :)

Would be good if someone made a 4AGE conversion kit or something, a high performance 1600cc N/A suits these cars quite well I think. :)

Considered a 7AFE bottom end? :D

I've always though this and im sure its do-able with a write up and a conversion harness, but the biggest problem is because the chassis rail has to be cut and welded you need someone who can do a good job of it and also get it in the right place, then you also have the variations of the different setups, with p/s and or a/c or not (requires drivers rail to be cut also) which mounts you want to use, 16v's differ greatly from 20v's or do you make a swap specific set?? then you need the driveshafts which would also need to be custom :/ so its not exactly cost efficient when you can do a complete 4efte swap for £600-1000??? i mean the complete engine is that much alone for a low milage 20v!

and I've thought about it, but theres two main problems the 1st is the timing belt (using a porshe 944 one?) slightly out of alignment on the cams so you would need vernier pulley's and the cams are designed with the vvt and high rpms, the 2nd is the cranks of the 7afe have offset oilways not centrally drilled and anywhere near as well balanced so arent as suited to the high rev's of the 20v so although you gain the torque you loose the "essence" of the 20v's nature which is its revviness and tbf i dont feel that its lacking in torque, i can leave it in 5th from 30mph and not worry that much :p

my mate works in a garage that is a stockist for new era imports so i had a chat with him who put me through to matt brown and miguel of newera and they sorted it out, £900 shipped with all fees with 18,000 miles on it, with all ancilleries and ecu. no gearbox tho but i had one already so wasnt required :(