Charlotte's GT Advance- Massive overdue update.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The advance is looking sweet and I think the front end looks awsome with that lip

cheers mate, few bits need sorting like the lip needs lifting up on the offside arch and re bolting but it's staring to look better :)

nice to meet you and the mrs and the animals tonight! :)

will have to see yours when it's back on the road, sounds like a beast!

• 2 weeks later...

How u getting with the project ? Did u get on well at the rr day

I really like the rocker cover I think summit like that would look good in mine

hey! (sorry still don't know your actual name?! lol)

cars coming along slowly but surely, got it back at a nice 0.8 bar and it really shifts well, love driving it again. rapidly started to hate it over the last few weeks as it seemed every little thing i tried to do just failed and it was only running 0.4 bar which was abysmal lol.

rolling road day next saturday so i'll put a pick of the graph up, whatever the result is i still love driving it and as a heavily relied upon daily it does me proud! lol :)

need to get a build thread up for yours, will be mint when it's back on the road, looking forward to seeing it at shows :D

and as sam said, picked up some custom 3mm exhaust manifold gaskets (one for mine one for his) which will hopefully be on this weekend and ready for the rollers.

• 2 weeks later...

quick photo of the rolling road printout, had to pull it off the rollers because it was horrendously lean (as you can see from the graph) which was a shame, but sorted it now running 3 bar of fuel pressure and it seems happier than ever :)

2sbwjm8.jpg

34ilp49.jpg

had some custom manifold to head gaskets made up as mine was blowing really really bad and it sounded like a tractor, was cheaper to have 2 of these made up than to get one oem one from toyota. old gasket vs new gasket;

2zz6ss4.jpg

okx4js.jpg

o5bx5c.jpg

gave her a service as well while sam played with his new intercooler. fresh oil, oil filter. only just received the fuel filter so that's going on at weekend;

28mmm80.jpg

Im gonna stress what socks said. Change the oil feed/return sooner not later as if it fails you will be on engine rebuild street :( for the sake of few quid vs engine rebuild id spend the mony on the oil line!

Lecture over lol. cars lookin sweet ;)

originally got two made up to start with at a local gasket place, one for me one for sam. because it was the first time one of these gaskets had been run through the computer at the gasket place it cost around £30 for the two, but now could get them at about £10 each i think, they're absolutely spot on, 10000x better than oem gaskets imo :) thinking of getting some turbo-manifold and turbo-downpipe ones made up too and do the full set :)