Charlotte's GT Advance- Massive overdue update.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah if you look at the pick above of the cylinder head with no gakset/manifold on it, you can see where my oem one had been blowing on 1 and 4 on the edges, pretty pants tbh. this new gasket is 3mm thick, to allow for any warp on the flange of the manifold (sam's seems to be ever so slightly warped- stainless toyosports td04 manifold). made a huge difference when i put this one on, couldn't believe it. if you want me to pick you one u and send it in the post let me know :)

where did you get the gaskets made? its just i need to get a custom turbo to decat gasket for a greddy turbo i have and wondering if they would do it for me.

just your a bit far away lol and i dontknow who could do it in this area.

cheers

sam

got them made up at a place called direct gaskets (i think that's what they're called) in Hull. try googling industrial gasket suppliers round your end and see what comes up, you would probably need to take in a current gasket/ make a template of what gasket you want made up. really would recommend it though, especially for custom gaskets.

• 3 weeks later...

well i haven't updated this in a while. since the last update the following has happened;

- got an aem wideband on it's way to me which i will have on the car by the end of the week fingers crossed :D

- toms grill is on the car now, needs a bit of repair work and i'm undecided whether to re-mesh it or leave it open (someone has removed the mesh at some point)

- received a wepr oil feed which is the one to match the manifold, it's longer and should be a safer set up than the standard ct9 feed, this will be going on at weekend.

- ordering a civic rad on monday when the student loan comes in :)

- got a spare inlet manifold sat in primer now waiting to be painted and swapped, no performance gain just will look a lot prettier, going to smarten up a few bits/tuck some wires while i'm swapping them over.

will gets some pics of various bits as and when, pretty excited to get the oil feed, civic rad and wideband on :)

having a few issues with rear wiper motors and such, so technically it's de-wipered but the old motor arm is sticking through lol, looks gash. i'm going to recondition one of my motors and put the wiper back on, i miss being able to see out of the rear window :/ lol

also, secured the summer job working pea season so by september i will be debt free and have a fair bit in bank for goodies, so i'm torn between going for a nice td04 setup (not the toyosports i mean wepr or such like), or taking her for an ecu and map. it's got to be one or the other i'm afraid, going to get towards £1000 to do both :/. part of me thinks management because going td04 is a bit of a waste of time without a remap?

what would you guys do? suggestions?

yeah that's what i was swayed towards, just wondered what other people would do. i'm not going to bother throwing money at a hybrid setup as any ct9 is going to get boring after a while i think :/ but once the ecu and base map are there then it's just a case of a remap once i go td04 i suppose :) picking your gasket up on friday mate so i'll be in touch, might pop down over weekend if thats alright and see about these discs and stuff? if sam doesn't want them i'll probably have them off you :p

Not a problem you and Sam are welcome down any time will prob see u at the weekend then and I think once it's set up well it will put a smile on your face at least till you get bored and go td04 lol 😝

wideband fitted! fueling wasn't too far out, i'm a good guesser haha. needed cranking up ever so slightly to get it to where i wanted it and it's happy all the way through the rev range, getting richer as the revs increase now. pulls better i think too :)

civic rad and fan are on their way to me and should be fitted at the weekend

picking some grooved discs up off pick1 tomorrow night, which will be fitted asap (sam is having my standard discs for the shedlet so he'll be keen to rip them off my car as soon as he can haha)

i'll be getting some piccies at weekend of all the bits that have gone on. keeping my eye out for a cheap set of 15" wheels too :)

i have loads of piccies to upload! might do it later on if i don't fall asleep haha.

it was this one zoe;

/>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400231686265?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2303wt_1208

turned up today and it's mint! spot on. the fan was just a 12" fan off ebay.

the rad was £35 when i bought it but since i posted a link up in a thread on here they're now £40 :/ haha.

yeah really happy with them, when we took my old ones off it was clear that there's not much meat left on them haha :/ but should get sams through mot. going to try to get the seat in at weekend, once the rad is on lol. see how much fun it turns out to be haha.

oooh that's cool, let us know how it gets on! :D