Charlotte's GT Advance- Massive overdue update.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ACT Clutch. u no u want 1 :p

Looking good by the way!

i would love one but i don't have that much right now :'(

coming along nicley car looks goooooood

cheers dude

got the front lip on now! will put some pics up when i get chance :D i think it looks wicked but i doubt everyone will like it :p.

rear to go on as soon as i get chance!

so i'm going to pick up a wepr ct9 externally gated manifold asap :D just to get me by until i go td04, or if i like the ct9 at a bar i may consider going hybrid...

also on it's way is a exedy organic clutch :)

and i will be getting some pics of the livesports front lip now it's fitted, lots of progress recently :)

right now it's running standard but spiking right up to 1.1 bar above about 4500rpm. so gonna up it to a bar with the external wastegate and get fueling and everything happy and enjoy it this year.

i know i do seem to change my mind a lot haha. i would still love to go td04 and will eventually but at the moment i'll never be able to fund it properly, i would have to run it for about 6 months without a map so i'll just stay ct9 and squeeze what i can out of that and if i get a job i'm hoping for over summer i'll have lots of pennies for stuff :) but ct9 until then. unless my numbers come up on the old roulette table of course.

need a wastegate and screamer though! cheap as possible!

Spent the day with Charlotte and Sam today in Hull :p, got a few snaps of the advance and a little video lol!

I won't completely update the thread, but basically, fitted a FPR that turned out to be faulty and had some fun changing it in tesco car park :).... Anyway, pictures.

P1010594.jpg

P1010598.jpg

P1010599.jpg

Moments before "Braying" (pulling the fuck out of the pipe lmao) :D

P1010600.jpg

Sorry :p...

P1010603.jpg

And a little video for fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoFV0ntG2y8&feature=youtu.be

i daren't even watch that video, i sound like a troll on videos >.< lol

so yeah, fitting a fpr yesterday, all was well, took her for a drive and had a nice happy bar of boost, everything was sweet. sam drove her down the a63 and somehow the split the diaphragm on the fpr (i don't even wanna know how) so it wasn't holding pressure and was probably running lean as hell when being driven, but we had a spare fpr with us so decided to try swapping it. then cranked it up and it sprayed fuel everywhere, including all over poor murx :(. swapped back again, one of the clips holding the fuel line on the return gave in. massive nightmares were had in tesco car park. got back to sams and it turned out the fpr that pissed fuel everywhere had been wound right in, so we wound it out abit and everything seemed fine, was holding pressure after engine turned off etc, but from 0.3 bar above it will not boost and just misfires like hell. so i'm thinking for the time being (until i get a wideband) i'll just put the standard one back on. i use this car as a daily, and i rely on it 100% (can't get bus to uni from where i live) so i can't be doing with having to mess about every time i go to drive it.

sad face :(

but heres a few pics from yesterday!

2dhhego.jpg

14obtat.jpg

rmvjuo.jpg

10dv3g7.jpg

and i nearly forgot my favourite! lol

o6fcyx.jpg

cheers lew i really love it!

nightmare of a day with this sodding machine.

fannying around with the fpr all day to get some form of mixture that was not going to cause it to misfire it's tits off. drove to uni and back, not a problem, drove to pick sam up and went to asda and back, no problem. went to drive home and it literally wouldn't even tick over without misfiring/ hardly firing at all. sam shit me up by saying it might be low compression on one or some cylinders, so off came the intercooler and plugs and out came the compression tester (all on the side of a dual carriage way, and sam is actually amazing enough to have a compression tester/any other tool you might ever need in the back of the vitara). 12 bar spot on on every cylinder, no variation at all. so everything went back on, tried firing her up and she ran sweet as a nut! so cranked the fuel pressure down a wee bit, took her for a cautious drive and no problems.

in conclusion, the standard fpr is going back on until i get a wideband, tempers will be lost and fpr's will be hurled if it carries on being possessed. i personally think the gauge on the fpr is foobar'd but i really don't care enough to buy a new one for now.

but on the plus side, nice results from the compression test :thumbsup: