Charlotte's GT Advance- Massive overdue update.

Dead easy to fit as obviously I had it

In mine use your standard rail from your seat and just weld a small plate at the side of the original bolt holes and hay presto drill a hole through the plate so the seat will bolt to the rail and it's in that's how I did it and the same with my omp's saves messing round with new rails etc took half an hour with a tape measure a welder and a drill

Thanks adam! that is sooo much simpler! doing it like that might be a good idea for amjad? as he could drill two sets of holes, on for the gt and one set for the ep91? :D

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's dead easy all I had to do for those omp's is drill holes through the plates I had already welded on for the recaro one dead easy saves money on buying rails etc and if I can do it anyone can do it lol cuz I'm a bit special when it comes to stuff like that and that is putting it mildly lol

Yeah it's dead easy all I had to do for those omp's is drill holes through the plates I had already welded on for the recaro one dead easy saves money on buying rails etc and if I can do it anyone can do it lol cuz I'm a bit special when it comes to stuff like that and that is putting it mildly lol

haha i'm not a mechanic and it's not something i've done before but i'd give it a good go! but unfortunately i have a non-existant temper and paddy pretty easily. i'll have a look at the rail i'm using and see if one of my friends would weld some plates next to the bolt holes then :)

dont think ive ever seen this thread before lol. just read i the updates from start to finish, and its a beaut fp :)

and kudo's for wanting to stay ct9 :) td04's are almost as common as the varis ep91 front bumper nowaday :)

dont think ive ever seen this thread before lol. just read i the updates from start to finish, and its a beaut fp :)

and kudo's for wanting to stay ct9 :) td04's are almost as common as the varis ep91 front bumper nowaday :)

Cheers matey :)

Haha yeah it's become so cheap that it's actually cheaper to go td04 than replace a buggered ct9 or uprated a ct9 set up. Mine will have a bigger tubby at some point, but it's just so responsive on this turbo :/ lol.

Gonna look at a few handling mods soon :)

recaro is in! there were moments of doubt, lots of grinding, and i got covered in ATF! (not because of the seat lol)

but it's in thank god. few disagreements on how it should have been done. i would personally have gone about it in a slightly different way but Sam won't have any of it, even when he's put external wastegates on the wrong way round lol :p but all's well that ends well :)

ended up using almera rails (sam calls them universal rails but they were out of his almera gti)

bolted the seat rails to two strips of metal, and the strips of metal were bolted to the subframe.

grinded the long bits off...

bit of weldning here and there...

i'll let the pics do the talking;

this is the seat with the rails bolted up to the two metal strips

mv6r82.jpg

here is the frame all bolted in place after the excess bits were grinded off. ready to go in-

33z670g.jpg

few pics of it in the car :)

xq028n.jpg

34spf07.jpg

it slides forward and back as it should, and reclines as it should. such an amazing improvement over the standard seat. completely changes the driving position and it's so much easier to fling it about. love it! would recommend these seats to anyone, a lot more comfortable than Sam's old cobras in the sense that you don't look like a complete boob trying to get out of the car when you pull up somewhere. no britney spears moments, everyones a winner! :p

yeah that's all my welding ;) ...lol

you have to take her for a drive next time i see you! going really well :) need a few bits doing handling wise but pull wise it's spot on :)

yeah i was saying last night, i'm going to let it sit for a while (during the process of welding the frame it twisted slightly, still goes in, but hoping it will be a bit more relaxed after a couple of weeks). then i'll rip it back out and hammerite the bitch! lol. also need to put the seat belt thingy back on, just incase my mum needs to drive it, which she sometimes does lol.

just given the car a good wash wax and polish, looks mint :) and had a bit of a session on the engine bay which also looks a lot nicer :)

Thats r8 cool that your mum drives the GT lol! I've tried to get my parents to take my car for a spin but neither of them are having any of it... My dad drove mine around the street when I first got it and that was it lol... Think his only comments were about the rock hard suspension and the loud exhaust lol!

Get some pictures of your bay up. How did you clean it? I'm doing mine at the moment. Going really in depth with it lol! Should look nice :)

I cut thw feet off my starlet seat and the feet off my scooby seata, welded two plates across the scooby rail and welded my feet back on.

when i say i did i mean dad did haha! He wouldnt let me at this one!

John

She only drives it under desperate circumstances lol. like if my dad has gone out in the freelander and she needs some fags lol.

it's not photo worthy yet :p i've just foamed some ubershine onto a cloth and used that, brings the grime off well but needs some work. the fact that the gearbox and the cylinder head are just so grubby and theres not a lot i can do about it. i'd love to paint the gearbox, might crack on when we get round to fitting the clutch. probably the best time to do it. and hope it dries before putting it back on haha :p

haha just for the record i did not actually weld them myself, soldering is pure win with me, anything bigger and it's a no lol.

• 1 month later...