Charlotte's GT Advance- Massive overdue update.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You where lucky throwing water on a fuel fire tbh dudet :( get yourself a powder extinguisher just incase you ever need it ;) but fair play for not beeing put off one bit haha :D also why not just get black panels of a gt for breaking and bosh em on for a bit till you want the two tone back. best of both then ;)

The options were blow on the fire, or pour my 5 gallon water keg on it, so I chose the keg as blowing on it didn't seem to be doing a lot. I think we have an extinguisher in the lock up, but god knows its a bit of a shit tip it would've took an hour to find haha. I did fire investigation for a year at uni, if its gonna go bang then chuck whatever you have at it or run haha, and I didn't want it to go bang haha.

But yeah that's a mint idea I never even thought of that, ill be on the look out for some black panels then! :D

thanks for the kind words guys appreciate it :)

fitted the wepr td04 kit last night, lovely kit and all the braces on the decat etc lined up perfect, just had to nudge the civic rad up a bit as the wastegate was a bit close. not set the fueling up with a wideband yet as mine died in the coolant/fire incident, so im fitting sam's tonight just to set it up and until my replacement sensor arrives.

seems to spool a bit earlier than sam's but i wouldnt say the full boost rpm is a lot different, just seems to start pulling slightly earlier. the screamer sounds rude! although i would like a longer screamer at some point.

she's back in for mot retest at 4 this afternoon, everything is sorted, and my new insurnce policy starts today with sky insurance, with absolutely everything declared (td04, exhaust, front mount, body kit, wheels, tints etc etc...) its £1200 and considering that i'm only 21 for a td04 starlet that's nay too bad i don't think :)

i'm now debating buy a set of 15's and putting fresh rubber on those, or just putting new on the 16's... ideally want 15's but can't afford wheels and new tyres atm, but hmmm.....

dqhfme.jpg

1z3uno9.jpg

wow sounds like fun and games! at least you've got it sorted. Lew keeps saying about getting a fire extinguisher i think reading this has just bumped that up the list of things to buy.

Cant believe how tidy the engine bay looks with a lick of paint. looking good!

Burkie if you look at how much more metal there is on the friction plate it can transfer a greater ammount of torque. The six spring one is only held to the friction material by six points. The four spring one has a solid disc. No breaks in it. I think this is why its upgraded. Either way its a damn sight better than what came out. :)

• 4 weeks later...

just a quick update. finally got my mk1 bumper sprayed and fitted. i had to filler the whole bloody thing as it was a bit of a state. didn't pay a lot for it so all gravy :) so the spray job is shocking as it was a rush job incase the weather turns, i wanted to get the other bumper off before it got destroyed.

f1b6nm.jpg

took her off the trd shocks and springs and put her on the kyb's that the glanza came on, sits very high but in winter thats no bad thing!

selling the trd's to free up a bit of cash towards the glanza/a new set of wheels/tyres.

• 3 months later...

Haven't updated this in a while!

-Finally got it on 15" wheels which i bought of kierz, top lad! rota grid's wrapped in goodyear eagle f1's. can't fault the tyres one bit, really impressed with them!

-Fitted a walboro 255 fuel pump

-Got an immense bargain on a pair of two evo 4 recaros on ebay, so i now have 3 haha. so finally got a matching pair of evo 4 recaros fitted.

-Last but not least, took a trip across to tuning developments today for an emanage blue and remap as it has never ran 100% on the td04 kit and i knew it was down to it needing a remap ultimately. so rather than spend my time getting annoyed with it i bit the bullet and booked it in. Absolutely great service, communication and hospitality from mike! top lad! took us to warrington and picked us up a few hours later, thanks dude!

pics;

rota's fitted and boxing day bath!

6fbhpz.jpg

and pics of the dyno printout from today. Mapped at 1 bar on the wepr td04 kit, on 95 ron fuel;

2hxok5i.jpg

14do6dg.jpg

well happy with the figures and it has totally transformed the car. so much more power lower down in the rev range and a much nicer smoother drive. Used just shy of 3/4 of a tank on the way there, and only used 1/4 tank on the way home after the remap!