• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reduced surface area for air to get in, front mount filter is better guys. I think it was Starbo Moorley who told me that when dyno testing front mount filter increased power by 4bhp over mesh

Edited by Amjad

haha yeah but when it's raining and you have to drive you can't really avoid many puddles. if dirt etc gets in why would people do it!?

Ive still got a full length rad and AC in place though so when its raining it shouldnt get too much water into the turbo but havent you heard of spraying mist into the charged air.....well now i have it for free :p

Edited by Louis

Reduced surface area for air to get in, front mount filter is better guys. I think it was Starbo Moorley who told me that when dyno testing front mount filter increased power by 4bhp over mesh

It would be best to get a piece of 90 degree pipe so its forward facing, might do that for the summer

haha fair play man, i may do it for the summer when it's dry.. but id be hesitant to run it with no filter in the wet! any vids of the sound? bet it sounds great..

It sounds near enough the same as a front mount filter to be honest, no vids as of yet sadly

Removed the DV to see how good chatter was now it sounds like i've got a very loud sneezing squirrel under the bonnet! 10x better now than it was when the intake was on.

Mesh and chatter FTW B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love your car mate, keep the mesh, non of that air filter restriction nonsense!

My setup is a bit bigger, but the filters I tried all reduced power, Mesh increased it quite significantly! :)

Wow cheers mate means a lot when UKSC royalty says they love my car :lol: compared to your its basically standard! so cheers :D

I have yet come across any reason to be worried about a mesh filter so its worth doing.

Sadly mines playing up so it wont be up for sale anytime soon :(

• 5 weeks later...