So uksc is back up again temporarily as scot-ep.com

ok first off sorry to all that went cold turkey this week in regards to my site, :thumbsup:

i have to put my hand up and say its my fault for letting the domain name expire, but i did not have any forwarning about it, could not premtively act anyway, as no replys were sent to my junk box as they were stating,

they are still being dicks about getting it back up but it should be back up at some point in the next two to 3 days. as soon as i will be moving my domain name to my hosting provider so it wont happen again.

in the mean time whilst the site was down i have used the time to kill two birds with one stone,

we have moved the fulll site over to another shared surver i have...

so we also have a temporary domain that you all have seen, http://scot-ep.com (this was initialy for the scottish members)

this will be always mapped into uksc but we wont have full functionality until we get our own domain name back, (some links in sidbar wont work, we will be missing certian icons and images also aswell as images from the commerce shop)

once we have our old ukstarletclub.com url back i will skin map the new one into the scottish section and make up stickers etc.

i dident actualy realise how important my site was to people till it actualy goes down for five days, my phone is on its last legs and people have been crying out from all over the county wandering whats going on, im just glad its back up as it as these past few days has been a rite ball ake.

makeing consesions to make sure this does not happen again and paying for 6 years hosting this time, aswell as mapping in a few other urls like uksc.org a and a few others, its sort of a blessing in discuise. . .

if you have any suggestions for any new urls we can use (all the uksc ones are taken)

please note it down in this thread,

ps if if the site ever goes down for any other reason you can find out why and get live updates on our facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&t...gid=38738246694 <---- please subscribe

sorry for any inconvienences caused peeps

it's been a real difficult few days, firefighting on several fronts, however, as Geo has said, it has allowed us to do a certain amount of future proofing as well as protecting our identity from would-be imposters.

a few tempers boiled, but some important fences have also been mended as a result of this, so the plan is to learn from this incident and to feed it back into improving the site and club and making sure this doesnt happen again and that our identity is protected.

someone on FB is clearly having a pop at the admin right now, but please bear in mind we have full time jobs, families, bills to pay, things to do, and we get the UKSC stuff done to the best of our ability in our free time. we're not perfect but we are passionate.

thanks for hanging in there folks. now, on to bigger and better things for UKSC!

Phil.

just read through that on book face what a cock that guy is you guys have kept us informed every step of the way even gone to the trouble of putting the site on a temp link so we can all get our fix lol where as you could have just left it and waited for it to be sorted well done guys keep up the good work

Its great to be back on uksc in any way, shape or form to be honest :thumbsup:

Kudos to all who kept us up to date when we were left in the dark and nearly dry in the mouth.

Soon as everything is sorted I am sure we will be back to our original best.

Glad that this will be prevented from happening again as Internet just isn't the same :)

Good work to all involved and looking forward to the improvements.

Thank you

Joz

not too bad to be honest dude, just more annoyed it happened as there will be a load of people out there still not able to find the site until the old url kicks in.. so thats probably the worst part.

the thanks goes to Geo for making the access happen, and to Steve John and Bower for helping to calm the masses via TGTT and facebook. The 3 gents have been invaluable to me in trying to resolves this situation and have invaluable sources of info and were plugged into everything that was happening the whole time through texts and fb and TGTT.

also, big thanks to TGTT for giving us homeless wanderers somewhere to lay our heads for a few days, very much appreciated gents thanks.

Phil.

not too bad to be honest dude, just more annoyed it happened as there will be a load of people out there still not able to find the site until the old url kicks in.. so thats probably the worst part.

Its hassle you could do without though, doesnt help its so popular lol so alot of people tend to kick a stink up about it. I'm sure it'll be back to its usual glory soon.

D

glad to see the site up and running again but the backlash for it being down was very strange imo....how some members dont realise that this forum is not a business but an interest group run by admin and moderators for no profit and who still have their own personal and work lives to get on with. We normal members are lucky to have such a good mod/admin team to run it for us without a major hiccup for years and unexpected problems like this do not warrant the amount of apologies i have seen givin out, the website went down ,deal with it.

I think the word your looking for is bellends lol if they really enjoyed the club they would have been giving support like everyone else rather than a backlash.

glad to see the site up and running again but the backlash for it being down was very strange imo....how some members dont realise that this forum is not a business but an interest group run by admin and moderators for no profit and who still have their own personal and work lives to get on with. We normal members are lucky to have such a good mod/admin team to run it for us without a major hiccup for years and unexpected problems like this do not warrant the amount of apologies i have seen givin out, the website went down ,deal with it.

u sir, are not hardcore UKSC in that case.

some would walk through fire and brimstone.

Others would dive into the abyss.

Some would climb the highest mountain, cross the harshest desert, conquer the most entangled jungle to reach the Mother Land, to reach their home, to reach...UKSC.

U sir, are not worthy of these accolades, as u fail to be UKSC Hardcore! :thumbsup:

Phil.