optimum wheel and tyre sizes for glanza?

195/50/15 are great for everyday driving mate and are a good balance between comfort and grip/handling on the road.

Perfect for places with bad roads like N.I.

195/45/15 are a little more bumpier as less tyre however I found they handled slightly better although more expensive.

Not great if your roads are very bad.

The majority of JDM and JDM copy wheels are 6.5j wide with some being 7j wide, ET 38 is perfect for the EP. No need for spacers but they may occasionally rub on full lock. 15" is perfect for the starlet mate, you won't look back :p

As for tyre brands, goodyear eagle F1s (great summer tyre and all rounder) or Uniroyal Rainsport 2 (great in dry and great/safe in wet) are my recommendations. Only a dedicated winter tyre would be suitable for the cold weather (snow/ice etc) any other tyre will be an ice skate.

Joz

• 1 month later...

I've just bought a set of Mk 3 MR2 alloys for my N/A. Correct bore size, ET45 15x6 195/50x15. Rubs a little at nearly full lock, only when reversing left. Handles much better

These are too high an offset, should be ET35-38 I think. Also they're staggered fitment so two of them will be 6.5", should explain your rubbing issue

• 3 weeks later...