Powerflex rear axle bushes

Mine was the TMD Bushes Ryan :D

They fit into the chassis nice and tight but not up to the axle for some reason :/ not had any problems with them and ive been running them for months :D

Sicaln also has the bushes, unsure if hes fitted them yet tho...

Mine was the TMD Bushes Ryan :D

They fit into the chassis nice and tight but not up to the axle for some reason :/ not had any problems with them and ive been running them for months :D

Sicaln also has the bushes, unsure if hes fitted them yet tho...

Got them fitted, it was just me being a tube, ive got a set of tmd bushes too, ended up fitting them instead of the powerflex.

Got them fitted, it was just me being a tube, ive got a set of tmd bushes too, ended up fitting them instead of the powerflex.

The TMD bushes are smaller in diameter than the Powerflex ones?

I have same problem and found this.

There is a difference between the GT and Glanza axles in the bush housing.

I already contacted Powerflex about this.

The TMD bushes are smaller in diameter than the Powerflex ones?

I have same problem and found this.

There is a difference between the GT and Glanza axles in the bush housing.

I already contacted Powerflex about this.

The TMD and Powerfelx were both the same size, on the glanza axle i knocked out the metal ring then the bushes fitted in.

I believe these bushes are designed for ER82 axle, where the housing is like a tube, if you get what i mean.

If you read the link i posted, one guy said that it will fit in EP91 but it will become loose a couple of millimeters.

It's why the bush is split at half and the housing in EP91 is very small instead of EP82.

Yeah mate i get what you mean, when fitting them i did think the housing was very small, there fitted now, i'll see how it goes when i get the car on the road and report back.

It would be interesting to see how cazzac2222 fitted his? if he had to do what i done?

• 1 month later...

Nothing important, they want photos from installation but i didn't fitted mine yet.

They also said that they are not listed this product for Glanza, only for GT but there is only one section on their website for both cars!

/>http://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/Starlet+Turbo+EP82+%26+EP91-2614/1.html

If i have some time this weekend i will send them photos, along with better description of the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Thats exaclty what i wanted to do si, i did ring dave (RIP) and he helped me out loads and said it wasnt needed.

Guessing the diameter of the bush will have to be reduced considerably though.

Let me know how you get on buddy :D

I fitted powerflex to my ep91, no problems at all.

its exaclty the same as doing the engine mounts. you have to knock out the ring and put the new bushes in.

if i remember right the bush diameter was 55mm, the part the goes into axle.

wonder if the ring around the bush could have the poly bush cut down and pushed in to it?!

I did think about doing that but wasnt sure if it would effect the bush?

I'll take that powerflex ones from you Ryan for my Gt if your getting rid?

give me a pm John, im sure we can sort something out.

The TMD and Powerfelx were both the same size, on the glanza axle i knocked out the metal ring then the bushes fitted in.

Ryan just to be clear on this, have you removedthe ring shown in this photo?:

P1000589xx.jpg

And now just have the poly bush there? I really wouldn't be keen on that, especially if the bush is split down the middle as that is where all the stress will be concentrated so it would try to push the two parts of the bush apart.

I'm getting these soon, it sounds like the best thing for the glanza would be to turn the poly bush down a bit so it fits in the metal ring as Si said?

Ryan, it keeps sayin you cannot receive new msgs?

If you could text me on 07805426448 that would be spot on

John

Hmm.. strange, Ill give u a shout tomorrow John.

Ryan just to be clear on this, have you removedthe ring shown in this photo?:

And now just have the poly bush there? I really wouldn't be keen on that, especially if the bush is split down the middle as that is where all the stress will be concentrated so it would try to push the two parts of the bush apart.

I'm getting these soon, it sounds like the best thing for the glanza would be to turn the poly bush down a bit so it fits in the metal ring as Si said?

Yeah i removed the rings, a few people on here have done that and its been fine, Im gona run it for a few hundred miles then have alook to see what there like. i wasnt sure if taking some off the bush would effect it?

It shouldn't really effect the bush, it'll only be 10mm or so (judging by the thickness of the ring/sleeve) to take off the diameter of the bush across the whole length. I would rather that than have only that small area of the rear beam acting on the poly bush and also the beam could potentially slide across the bush as the lip on the one side of the bush is not located on anything.

I think I'll definately be getting mine machined down when I get them.