Right! Geo is a busy man so lets get this rollin please! here's wot i want, we'll make a list here wot wot we want and need for the pitch and who can arrange each bit. No spammin please, this thread is to get JAE organised PROPERLY THIS YEAR!!!! any spam will be removed by me and Greame. Please copy and add to the followin list of wot we need as u see fit.

The UKSC Pitch - to be arranged by Geo

Powerpoints - Geo, can u please speak to Claire about these please and get them arranged, i wont have u askin me to steal some again this yr!!! :):p

UKSC Banner - we could REALLY do with one of these guys! im talkin about somethin similar to the Lexus one illustrated below

DSCN0204.jpg

Marquee - we could really do with a BIGASS one of these!!!! in all seriousness we really could, give us somewhere to congregate as a group, chat as a club, drink as a group of friends, hide from the rain!

Sound system - i feel Greame may have somethin more useful to say here than me

Again, please feel free to add SENSIBLE suggestions to this list for SERIOUS consideration, the time is drawing close already!

Phil.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, me, Phil (& Joz if he comes) will be covering the drunken evening music side of things with our guitars, so that bit's sorted :p

I'm assuming someone has some decent speakers to hook up to the powerpoints if we have them?

-Unless we're hooking up fridges or something daft :p ;)

I'll be there as early as I can so help with general dogsbody stuff. Cars can do sounds, my rear speakers connect via a computer power connector, I can get an extension cable to get the speakers out the boot and pointing in the right direction, have a sub for boomy bits too! :p

The Argos website isn't working for me at the mo,..... but looking in the catalogue (you can but the numbers into the website when it works)

There is a 2.7x2.7m Marquee (2.5m high) for £12.99 (650/2210), but has no side panels

The box next to that is £29.99 for a 3x3m (2.6m high) one with no sides (650/2904), but for a mere extra £29.99 you can get 2 plain and 1 windowed panel (650/2911), so £60 for 3x3x2.6m with three sides, it's a bit cheap looking

I think the best deal is a hexagonal one, "4m from corner to corner" 2 fixed sides, and 4 entry screens so we can shut it when it gets cold, also has fly screens, doesn't look to bad either, it's £49.99 (650/1455)

I'd get the last one for hanging out, and the first one (with no sides) to cover the BBQ, we having one arn't we? :p Of course that means finding £50-62. It might be cheaper to rent for the weekend, but I've not looked into that

Well, me, Phil (& Joz if he comes) will be covering the drunken evening music side of things with our guitars, so that bit's sorted :p

I'm assuming someone has some decent speakers to hook up to the powerpoints if we have them?

-Unless we're hooking up fridges or something daft ;) :p

I have a set in the wardrobe rated 100Watt I think, but no amp to feed them or such, I think power points are a must, lighting can be done 'cheap' buy a fence post, saw the end to a point screw a cheap light bulb holder or three to the other end wire up to a plug, enjoy! (add umbrella in cash of wet stuff from sky)

The circle thing was what we did at Reading festival, worked a treat.

Well, we had a marquee too but an angry mob cam an ripped half of one of the legs off, so was a bit wonkey :p

Did the job just fine all the same though ;)

Although being lower due to lack of leg meant the fumes from the 'cigarettes' built up and made a strong ol smell :p :P

(I didn't do any before anyone jumps to that conclusion)

After seein wot other clubs did last yr i have to say i think a decent marquee is pretty much a must.

i also have a single spot light but no stand for it, its the type that gets so warm it has to turn itself off every so often tho.

why do i have the horrible feelin this is gonna fall apart again this yr. :p :P

Phil.

i've no idea what stand i'll be on. i'll be with my friends though but i'm not planning to be on a 'stand' specifically, i'm just going to camp out, get drunk and have some fun, i'll prob wander around and visit everyone i can, but i must let you know that i will be absolutely chuffing paraletic, and probably with lots of meat in my hand.

you guys are going to alot of trouble though, sounds awesome :p

mate, i've got a little fold out drum bbq, its awesome, its portable too, and once its goes will absolutely own meat in a very short period of time. it keeps going till morning basically, whereas portables burn out in minutes!! :p

i have got a mini gass BBQ or 2 which i will be bringing up so i someone else brings another/spare gas bottle up im sure that can be comunal, i might be able get my hands on a propper gezebo/marquee will have a word when i see the right man!! i would have been here sooner but my wideband has been down for a week!!!

Since Phil and Geo will be coming past my gaff

I have a BBQ that could be split and we could take that!! It is a hald drum type so you can get a bit of food on it and a source of heat for when it gets cold <_<

What happened with the UKSC t-shirts and tops? I woud be really interested in some sort of clothing to tell everyone who I'm with :unsure::(