Boost anyone runing 2bar boos on a starlet

Boost Pressure dont mean shit tbh. a CT9 would prolly push 2bar... Doesnt mean it'll make any more power after 1.2bar....

300bhp is actually not that difficult... 400bhp would require £1000's tho and has only been done a handful of times. Remember youve only got 1300cc to play with!

In short, no. Stock internals wont get you up to 300hp.

What are you trying to build, a 1/4 mile car or a car that is just fast on the road. a 300hp starlet would be more than ample to see off most things on the road.

You've got lots to consider; clutch, diff, cooling, fueling etc.

go to jamica and you can make 400bhp all day on a stock 4e engine lol.

my mates gt runs 252bhp on a stock engine and it gets abused every time the keys turned and its still going strong. its will be getting bigger injectors and getting the boost turned up at some point. see if it hangs on!

at that boost the dizzy is no good you will need some coil pack, cop setup. plenty of dreamers on the forums wanting 400bhp not many actually run it.

Edited by Bean

My Starlet run 2.1 bar on a basic forged engine with just a ported head. The head was all standard other than that with OEM head bolts etc.

Also ran a dizzy never had a problem in the time i had it giving it abuse, tracked it twice took it to santa pod rwyb 3 times.

no. the standard engines LIMIT is about 240bhp, assuming the fueling is perfect!

I only ever comment on threads like this to show off that i ran 1.5 bar daily on a stock engine doing roughly 270bhp :p and 2 "suicide" runs at santa pod at 1.7 bar ! on same stock engine :D engines still lives now albeit nearly standard.

But back on topic. 300bhp on a stock engine will be pushing the boundries. I recon it would be do-able but may be a costly test.