recommend me a standalone :)

Best thing to do mate is phone around a few

Companies and see what they say about

Different ones but I have heard of the one tuning

Developments do and It is ment to be very very good

tbh its worth speaking to who u plan on getting to map it. the maps only as good as the tuner regardless of system so find the best mapper u can and have a word with them about what they would sujest

• 1 month later...

all on the mapper, they all do pretty much the same thing features wise.....find out whos good with what around your area and go from there mabe get them to give you a fit/supply/map quote with a discount

• 1 month later...

sooooooo many choices :(

think i will go with whatever the tuner recommends though :) as said they pretty much have all the same features these days so i spose it would just be a case of getting whatever they are comfortable with using :)

I assume your just going to be running 1.4 bar that's what TD normally map their forged motors to? Is there any benefits of spending an extra £600 to get a standalone over an EMU? I'm curious myself mate, because it doesn't gain you any more power does it?

il be going for at least 1.6 dude :) lol, nick reckons the turbo is capable of over 2 bar so il see what happens with 1.6 first ;)

with regard to the difference in piggy back and standalone, i think with a standalone you get alot more features and the softwear inside is better allowing you to fine tune things and get a better map.........................................someone will probably be able to give you a better answer than that though :) lol

mapping tables and how much control you have on the wolf absolutley wipes the floor over the emus, its also a plug and play loom and ecu, theres no need to go adding additional sensors in etc liek you have to do with other ecus like link/syvecs/dtas.

But as everyone has said - each tuner has their own preferred ecu they like to work with, so find your tuner and go from there.

Yeah i understand the standalone has more control, but what does that gain you? Better driveability? Better air/fuel? More power? I dont really understand the benefits apart from its more programmable from the mappers point of view

As I understand it which is not that much with a standalone like wolf for instance with it being able to finely tune your car / engine it would there for create a better car i.e the way it's drives on the road the smoothness the boost etc everything can be tweaked that little bit more than say with the emu which could make the difference between a good car and a great car and I would presume that in turn with the ability to tweake those little bits it may or may not make much more power but make it more useable and reliable

Please correct me if I'm wrong

You could always gain that little bit more out of a standalone, every little piece is slightly better, but all those little pieces make a large gain. Mainly due to the control over components like injectors and coils, reducing the risk of det and gaining more power and a more useable vehicle.

Reason why I went for a standalone ecu over any other was to do with the safety aspects thats built into the ecu with aswel as better mapping capabilities. I also needed a good boost controller aswel so got a link as they're built in with it