jakes blue track slag ep82

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally had a day off today and got straight on the starlet, started with stripping the doors and shedding some weight..

null_zps574cb790.jpg

null_zps58c81992.jpg

Looking like this now, so light.. More to come on them soon..

Seam welded the engine bay and all the front off the shell, alot off work well worth it tho, also strengthend the engine mount points up, aswell as cut the old battery tray out and reinforced this, gonna be one stiff GT!!

Pics can do the talking

null_zpsc5dd3669.jpg

null_zpsd74e30f2.jpg

null_zpsa1adce60.jpg

null_zps24af050f.jpg

null_zpsfce82db1.jpg

Everyone loves abit off penetration ha ha..

null_zps52bec72e.jpg

Also stripped all the break system off as ill give it all a good clean and gonna have a little play with it,

null_zps4505508c.jpg

Lol jarrod..

Small update..

Stiffend up the gearbox mount abit with wealding the loss ends up,

null_zps7846055d.jpg

null_zps28754eda.jpg

The rear beam on these is a joke, it's got more flex than a ballet dancer.. So to stiffen things up, we decided to weld a hollow tube along the bottom to stop it swaying side to side and any flex up and down, to stop any twisting that might happen during high speed cornering we welded some sheet that we bent into a U shape to strengthen it, hopefully it's stiffens the rear up abit and should hopefully see me 3 wheeling it round track ;) haha.. It's not finished yet and just a rough design untill we fabricate a whole rear beam in the future, couple pics

null_zps6f97c283.jpg

null_zpsefad87f0.jpg

null_zpsa7ae0b59.jpg

More soon :)

Edited by nest

Yeah shorty it's a joke, it literally so flexible.. Dosnt budge now tho ha ha..

Thanks rob, getting there slowly should be making some progress with it now as the weather is nice and I've got one day a week off now! Ha ha

Thanks man, yeah it may be abit ott but rather that, the standard rear beam is a joke, I was thinking off doing something more involved but I just wanna get it back together now lol

Shouldn't be much longer now nest! :sad: haha hope its all done for the summer!

Still waiting for the logbook for my car, spoke to DVLA said it should be with me next week or so :/ then I have a lot of thinking to do !

Thanks man, yeah it may be abit ott but rather that, the standard rear beam is a joke, I was thinking off doing something more involved but I just wanna get it back together now lol

I wouldn't say the rear beams a joke. The trailing arms you braced up only move up and down. The panhard rod stops the side to side movement. Be good to see what's its like on the road

Yeah max hopefully! Get another starlet dude you know you want one!

Yeah it is abit ott grant but there nothing there to stop the trailing arms from twisting during very hard cornering, wide wheels and semi slicks/ slicks with all the rest off my suspension/ chassis upgrades will allow me to hit some cornors with massive speed so every little helps as I said I'd rather over compensate than not bother and since the beam was out thought wed work on it abit, I was going to make a full hollow tube one but that's so much work. Yeah man shame it's still a while from being on the road :( I need to come up see you guys soon!

Yeah pick1 I am indeed, don't like doing things by half

I practically built this anyway and can say say she will b the DON jake bless ya always stood there watching in your stolen safety glasses and a hammer in one hand and grinder in the other waiting for me to say go on the son cut that and break that lol