TD04 Glanza VS RX8

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the starlet has traction issues. adjusting the power via the throttle is how your handing the lack of traction not the car. if it has no traction issues you'd easy be able to floor the car in low gears and it would grip and go.

my RX8 never wheel spins in the dry. it has so much grip. flooring a decent powered starlet will just spin the wheels up. Not sure if i'm explaining it right. hopefully you'll see sense in this.

really dont agree with you at all here dan mate. nearly 10 years driving starlets and being in starlets, including Alan E's and Jay's beast, and never once having booted it with me in the car, have i seen any traction issues.

can i ask, what are you basing this on?? a Glanza S? on the road? or a turbo on track? I have been round Kirkistown race track here in NI in Jay's 5E beast and i can assure you we never once had traction issues, hell we went out and round audis and numerous other cars that day.

i have been in Alan E's drag spec car when the NOS came on at 120 mph on a tank of race fuel on a drag spec map, and again, and not once was there a traction issue. and please bear in mind, this is a fully stripped car running very light wheels pushing 430 bhp, so if any EP was going to have traction issues it would be his.

i really would like to know what you are basing your comments on, what experience, who's car, where, when, tires, was the driver a retard, because any high powered EP i've ever been in has never suffered traction issues, nor has my own EP running nearly 200 bhp. running Rainsport 2s i was able to boot it any time i wanted and away it went, plenty of the mystical grip. only time i had problems was on shit tires in the wet or on a shit roundabout covered in oil and diesel.

the above isn't meant to sound arsey in any way, i'm honestly looking to see what differences in experiences we've had that could explain why there would be such differences in grip between the EPs we've been in. i'm not denying an EP can have traction issues, tires, surface, clutch whatever, but i don't really agree that they suffer inherently from traction problems dude. im interested in hearing different experiences though so we can all compare and contrast notes. all helps build our knowledge base here on UKSC. maybe its something we could add to the wiki, traction improvement suggestions for EPs based on experiences of different set-ups and surfaces.

Phil.

My white GT was running 200-220bhp and i could get the power down fine. Even on my GT now im running nankangs and i can get power down fine. bit of rains a different story though but tires are a huge part of it