The Cynos B Turbo...or Asshat as I like to call it

you are fucking joking me?

no wonder you've spent so much, you let people bum rape you like that O_O

my mates hayward and scott turbo-back exhaust on his mazda 323GTR (i.e completely custom) was about 300quid or more less than that! O_O

makes me think i should chuck some more on the price of the coilovers, hahahaha :D bloody students.

i wont by the way, as i'm not a prick......well, not often anyway..

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I'm usually fine on the "getting ripped off" front....I get bumraped by my own bad choices (like driving with the oil light on for 150mi, persisting with the 5efhe, cheap coilovers etc...)...I just had no choice in this instance :D I'm pretty sure it was an error and shall have to ask the guy about the VAT...I WAS Originally quoted £750, then he upped it a bit with a few of the requests to £825. Hah, chuck more on the Coilovers? Don't make me cry infront of you :D

Meh, Harrison's expression was like mine when I was there...but I was in a hurry so didn't bother arguing. Quality is astounding but for the money, I'm surprised it's not gold lined...

yup, can't fault the quality, andy's system on his familia gtr was lush, sounds gorgeous and obviously good quality, but that price, mate, seriously.... considering what i've spent so far on the s14 for the parts i have (i've prob spent less than half that to get it to stage 1 O_O) makes me even more shocked at what you paid.

I've still not heard anything from my man, i think he's like, died or something. ;d

haha, nah i'll chase him up, i need some of the bits that are in with your coilovers asap :D

haha, trust me Harry, I might as well suggested them to use some KY Jelly to ease my pain...True, it is a very high quality piece, and the sound/look is nice...just sounds low in tone & key, none of your typical Raspy-jap racer rubbish...but it doesn't excuse the price :D

Hehe, that's fine....the longer I wait the better....gives me time to recover from my Haemorraging ass :D But yegsmesh, let me know when anything else is known about the Coilovers :D

• 2 weeks later...

- Update -

W00t, Installed my FMIC :lol:

th_DSC01141.jpg

th_DSC01140.jpg

th_DSC01138.jpg

th_DSC01137.jpg

th_DSC01136.jpg

th_DSC01134.jpg

th_DSC01131.jpg

And what a bitch it was to install...so little space around the turbo with the new "EFi Pipe"...and I think I may have a boost leak as the angles between boost pipes and intercooler are crazy. And I'll need heatreflective tape for that intake pipe, it's scorching :)

try finding space for it - I didn't actually ask for the pipe to be like that (it's how I bodged my intake when I brought the car to them) but meh. There's actually no space to go round the radiator like in your Starlet GT's/Glanza's...radiator is far bigger.

w00t! Picked up my Coilovers from Harrison yesterday, to say I'm over the frikkin' moon is an understatement...there finally seems to be a faint glimmer of hope in turning my bucket into a car!

th_DSC01161.jpg

th_DSC01159.jpg

They do look rough, but Harrison's assured me (and showed me) it's just surface rust, the pistons are immaculately clean, the front camber plates haven't even ever been adjusted! I thoroughly recommend Harrison for anyone needing parts from Yahoo Auctions - did experience some of his tough love at first, but when the love came, omfg, teh secks. But srsly, thoroughly decent chap and in no way has he told me to say this (you owe me Harry :(). Anyway, hoping to get these on within this week :p....as well as replace the caliper, it's getting scary now :p

nice one Riko dude, glad to hear things are coming together for u now!

and i agree about Harrison, he does dish out some harsh love when he disagrees with u but he has been more than generous to me with the latest pressie i have got from him that should have cost me and arm and a leg but it didnt and i have him to thank for that! i too recommend him.

Phil.

glad to be of service.

they are a bit dirty but lets be honest, we went over them and they've barely been adjusted at all, i'd kill for a set of those if i still had my glanza :(

was lovely to meet you finally too enrico, i did have to jump into bed when i went inside as i was a tad cold and wet :p (i think my nipples almost exploded they were so erect).

They should do you proud, they're pretty much the ultimate coilovers (forget your zeps, trds, cuscos, teins, tanabes etc) so they should see you well when screaming around those tracks :p

Silkroad RM/A8's

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, and thanks again Harrison, was great meeting your hawtself too, sorry you had to stay out in the drizzle for so long :p And fark was it cold, sat in the car rubbing myself for a bit to warm up...ooh err :(.

As we discussed, shall let you know as soon as I get them on for a verdict, though as you've clearly shown me, pretty sure they'll be good! Cannot wait for the next trackday...last time I was on a trackday was 2 years ago with a bog standard car :p

Bah, after the Harrisoning I received (and enjoyed) that resulted in me getting Coilovers, seems like his essence got into my head as well....so I took his heed, and:

th_DSC01177.jpg

Supposed To be fluorescent Pink but I forgot to use Primer! Nevermind, hopefully shall rectify that in the morning :p What do people suggest to strip off Acrylic Paint :p