The Cynos B Turbo...or Asshat as I like to call it

~ Update ~

Well I've spent the day yesterday up at my/ToyTuning's mechanics' place getting a few things done, namely:

th_DSC01213.jpg

th_DSC01209.jpg

AE92 Corolla GTi seats FINALLY installed...had them laying around the house for about a year and a half now! Great seats, amazing amount of bolstering and adjustment for a) such an old seat and B) a standard seat and c) a Corolla seat! Just one issue...I'm 5'7" and I nearly touch the roof with my head B) Nevermind, their improvement over the previous cack is almost redeeming enough.

Also put the Front Coilover plates the right way round so that I'm not running full Positive Camber...and wahey, I have grip again! Also removed the Powersteering pipes which has - no joke - transformed the steering further (as there's no liquid to push around now). Still have issues with rattling from "the rear"...which unfortunately ISN'T the panhard rod...so will need to get to the bottom of that...Pun, not really intended, but what the hey, I'll accept responsibility :p

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to say the duvet and pillows have retired for the Winter Mikey, though the back should be clean enough, just a bit cold ;)

I seem to have found out the cause of the rattle, though it's resolution will probably be a bit complex - the driver's side axle arm is loose over the Cusco Pillowball bush...hmm...

• 1 month later...

Finally!! An update of sorts...ftmfw:

th_DSC01285.jpg

th_DSC01284.jpg

th_DSC01283.jpg

Got my Zep Racing Engine Damper and JAM Racing Actuator on (which was finished in beautiful pink, but the intake pipe destroyed the paint)....Ah, I missed having 1Bar for a bit, but the clutch sure as hell doesn't :unsure:. Engine damper is noticeable too, but only cause my mounts were as useful as wet paper towels being used as mounts...

Waiting on a box from one of the Maltesers filled with lots of Maltes...err, goodies! Cannot wait :)

hehe, awwww, thanks :unsure:

Bah...I heard that taster song from Download 2006 called "New Song"...I was not impressed....but we shall see, so many new albums are coming out like Children of Bodom, In Flames (woot!) and so on... :)

• 3 weeks later...

yay, It's Christmas again...or Keithmas ;)

th_DSC00047.jpg

th_DSC00044.jpg

th_DSC00042.jpg

th_DSC00041.jpg

th_DSC00040.jpg

th_DSC00036.jpg

th_DSC00035.jpg

Just got these from Father Keithmas :p (Bar the Lugnuts), and they would be:

- HRF 5E Connecting Rods

- Racing Gear Clutch

- APP Braided Brake Lines

- Zisco SUS321 Tubular Manifold

- AE111 Twinpot Brake Conversion (- Discs)

- Trust Lightweight Lugnuts

Christmas' 2nd coming ftw!! Shall take better pictures soon....hopefully will get the Clutch, Manifold & lines installed soon :lol: Just need those SSR Longchamps wheels and I'll be heard orgasming the world round :lol:. May have some other l33t bits on their way too, fingers crossed...

thanks my headbanging compadre' :lol:

Damnit, I thought Father Keithmas was supposed to be good...keeps tempting me with all this stuff! Hopefully by this weekend should have most of it on the car (the rods obviously not yet...), yay! :lol:

thanks chap, got Keith to blame for those parts (and my poverty ;)) hehe.

Anyway, after 7 or so hours of turmoiling on Sunday, I got the manifold ON! So far I have this picture of it only, but yeah, you get the idea:

th_riko6final.jpg

I know what you're thinking "OMFG N00b, I change manifold quicker than it took me to think this thought up and wonder why I'm talking to myself", but ugh...took me long enough to find the space to remove the manifold and turbo bolts, but the issue came with refitting. Unfortunately the intercooler pipe I have coming off the turbo fouled the manifold ever so slighlty (especially as both are heat wrapped), but no, the issue was in doing the bolts up again. Since I'm a scummy student, I can only afford so many tools....and when you have metric bolts and only an imperial spanner big enough, well...every single manifold/turbo nut is rounded to hell. That and the manifold slightly knocked the alignment out so the Blitz decat is no longer braced. Oh, and I think I cross-threaded the stud on the manifold...and I think the others aren't tight enough so there's an exhaust leak, but meh, I can't be bothered to fix it! When I get enough monies to get my Snap-on tools....

Oh, also as seen in the "HDR Cynos" Thread, had some snazzy picture taken by my flatmate Scott, and yes, the dirt may be seen as "ruining" the pictures, but stfu, you know nothing :), but yeah, here's said pictures, hopefully will find a better location tomorrow:

th_Riko15final.jpg

th_riko14final.jpg

th_riko12final.jpg

th_Riko5final.jpg

th_Riko4final.jpg

Sam - the dent is new, I have NO idea how I got it...at all (though from some angles, seems like someones punched it). Which is very strange. Do know how I got the dent above my driver's side door handle though....some people don't find it funny when I pretend to drive into them it seems...snobby Oxford types eh?

hahaha, someones tried making my car into Origami, the dodgy Japanese bugger! Jeebusth man, you've not seen anything if you think the manifold is bodge!! Bah, still need to email back to your ubes email....like 2 months late, nevermind! And will do honies - need to gather the monies first and see what I'm doing :p

by the way - Lydden Track day, you have no choice, you're going B)